Lorcan

Coffee, Cold Shower, Epic Music Combo?

9 posts in this topic

I have a cold shower habit.

I was thinking of ways to super charge this habit to make its effects even more powerful.

So why not supercharge it with caffine and inspiring music.

I have not attempted taking coffe yet however before a cold shower for fear of getting a heart attack or something. Is it safe to have a coffee and a cold shower in a short period of time? LIke drink the coffee and straight into the shower.

Not sure but a cold shower will wake you up better than any coffee :D

Don't think you'll need the coffee at all unless you've trained your body to rely on it for energy.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

Although it will be a good kick, I think that it would be too over-stimulating as well. I mean, cold showers will trigger a stress response, caffeine increases adrenalin and you pumping yourself up also taxes the adrenals. 

The idea behind taking cold showers is to condition yourself to be able to control your fight or flight response and to be uninfluenced by the shock. Doing it like some sort of a means of self-qualification would rob the whole idea from it.

But, you do you. That's just my 2 cents.

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

@Lorcan
Jesus dude. What exactly are you doing after your shower? Wrestling fucking crocodiles?
Sounds an awful lot like the ego at work here- never satisfied, always wanting something else. Maybe try doing less, not more.

No harm in trying, right?

Get back to us with the results.  And if you don't get back to us, we'll just assume you're dead.

Death by Cold Shower and Epic Music, R.I.P

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

I'm afraid I will have to say no. Doesn't look like a good combo to me. It's like over stimulation. You might end up hyper -ventilating . Initially it might give you a kick, but you will feel very exhausted in the end. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Instead of coffee you can try some music, (don't blast it too loud though, that can rapidly raise your heart rate which is not good before going for a cold showrr) I listen to this song by flo rida whenever I want to get pumped up. It never fails. Keeps me in a good mood. Upbeat and rhythmic. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

I tried it. I did not die. The coffee did not seem to have an effect, maybe it was just because it was insta coffee. Epic music really compliments the cold showers, I played music through earbuds that arent waterproof so I had to wear a showercap. The showercap takes away from the experiances as it harder to get water on your face or head without getting water on the earbuds.

It really is awesome, for the best experiance I would recomend waterproof earbuds, simpy put your phone in a plastic bag with your waterproof earbuds connected and make sure you have wrapped the bag well so water wont get in. Music coming from a speaker in the shower, or out of the shower is not nearly as good as listening through the earbuds. When you listen through the earbuds, it feel like the music is actually coming from inside of you, you become the music, rather then the music feeling like it is emitting from an exterior source.

Also , I find that the music removes most of the suffering invovled after having not taken a cold shower in a while. I tried this after I had only taken previously all 4 warmshowers with only 1minute or 30 seconds of cold. I previously could endure longer, but I wasnt willing to put the days in to make cold water less cold. So I decided to try the coffee cold shower epic music combo, and it worked very well. I stood outside the shower feeling aniexty over how cold it going to be and I was already feeling cold my self, as soon as the music started playing something magical happened, suddenly I became braver, I walked into the running cold shower, and the cold water didnt even matter. I stayed in that shower for 6 minutes

Epic music, Cold showers minus the coffee works really well.

I recommend it to everyone who takes cold shower, and especially to people who are newbies to cold showers as it much removes the uncomfortableness.

Edited by Lorcan