Magnanimous

Any point to learn positive thinking when you become more unbiased?

11 posts in this topic

I don't really know much about spirituality cuz I'm doing actualizing work at this point of my life (I'm a teenager), so plz explain your answer in a way I can answer.

Ok, so I've seen some of Leo's vids and he seems to be encouraging you to be more unbiased as you progress higher and higher in development (notably spiritually). But because of this now I don't see the point of learning positive thinking. Because (is sounds that) optimally, you want to be as unbiased as possible.

Any point to learning positive thinking, optimism, etc?

39 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

I don't really know much about spirituality cuz I'm doing actualizing work at this point of my life (I'm a teenager), so plz explain your answer in a way I can answer.

Ok, so I've seen some of Leo's vids and he seems to be encouraging you to be more unbiased as you progress higher and higher in development (notably spiritually). But because of this now I don't see the point of learning positive thinking. Because (is sounds that) optimally, you want to be as unbiased as possible.

Any point to learning positive thinking, optimism, etc?

See, If you want to look at it ( positive thinking) in an unbiased way, what's then wrong with doing positive thinking? There isn't anything bad with wanting to think positivly. That's what true unbias is - that you realize you could.. or you could not. It doesn't really matter, yet at the same time it's relative to where you are at and what your goals are.

There are benefits to reprogram your subconscious mind. Is it the only way? Is it the ultimate way? It really depends on where you are at and how you want to proceed. 

Conciousness is and will forever be curative alone, but meanwhile - it's not bad to use other techniques ( habits, programming your subconscious mind, e.ct to your advantage). They work! The only question is if you want solace or a solution. If you want to go all the way, or solve one issue.

If you do enough conciousness work - your mind will be reprogramed. In a sense there really is no distinction, it's just that one is more direct while the other one is taking you there one step at a time.

What's confusing here though is that, raising your conciousness won't necessarily be a direct path to solve your specific issue ( thinking more positively) , while it is at the same time becasue it will solve the root issue. So in other words - what's the difference really (;

They are two different paths to the same destination. Choose which one you like the most! Or do both...

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@Magnanimous Yeah, you want to develop a powerful, positive and confident mindset. 

The unbiased stuff is important for jailbreaking your mind. 

Where you are a teen, perhaps watch The Ego development model video Leo has… and focus on working on the earlier stages. 

Don’t learn about being inbiased and then hold it as some dogma or belief

notice how your now building a bias towards being unbiased. 

It’s fine to learn that stuff as you learn the big picture of this work. But, if your interpretation of any of this stuff means you aren’t developing a powerful and good life you are doing it wrong.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

means that at an absolute level one thing is the same as another. all is one. the difference between being tortured or having sex is imaginary. If you want to understand what reality is, realize God, you have to gradually eliminate the bias towards some things in favor of others. That is why traditionally the mystics renounced everything, they lived without any comfort, etc. this does not mean that you, as a human, have to do that. you can, at one level, realize that it's all the same. you don't have to go to a cave for 10 years, you can do it with psychedelics. and besides, you can honor your relative human nature by seeking the most positive experience, what you perceive as best. more truth, more sincere human love, more purpose. even knowing that it is all illusion

@SamC I haven't fully understood everything you've said about consciousness, and I'm not sure if I will.

In your paragraph, is what you're saying this? If you want to maximize your ability to be a positive thinker, you should use consciousness and practice positive thinking techniques that don't use consciousness, eg by implementing Leo's teachings on positive thinking in his videos?

Edited by Magnanimous

When you become unbiased you will realize a lot of your negative thinking was a biased fantasy fabricated by your ego. When you perceive things negatively you are usually looking at things in a very biased and myopic way. When you look at things holistically from a big picture perspective you will realize that the previous negative perspective was inaccurate, which naturally leaves you in a positive perspective. 

So really, just try to strive for accurate perception and holistic thinking over "positivity" and you will naturally become more positive. 

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

Ok

Also, I heard from another forum user that unless you're getting into spirituality (or at least in the way Leo teaches it (I think that's what he meant)) I shouldn't be concerned with holistic thinking.

Should I still learn it? It seems really useful. And if I want to create a massive, great body of work I think holistic thinking would really help due to its nature of connecting the dots, and that ability would strengthen over the time via repeated practice. I presume holistic thinking will become automatically after a while of repitition.

43 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

@SamC I haven't fully understood everything you've said about consciousness, and I'm not sure if I will.

In your paragraph, is what you're saying this? If you want to maximize your ability to be a positive thinker, you should use consciousness and practice positive thinking techniques that don't use consciousness, eg by implementing Leo's teachings on positive thinking in his videos?

@Magnanimous

Raising your Conciousness = becoming more unbiased. Reprograming your mind = practicing thinking more positively thorugh different techniques.

You are asking, should I do this and that. There really isn't any answer. It depends on where you are at. 

If you are trying to learn  " positive thinking" you are from what I understand wanting to use affirmations, vizualisation and stuff like that to become more positive in your everyday life. All those things work, but realize that they in a sense are done through habits and repetition. You are trying to change one program ( your currant mind) into a more positive program ( your desired mind) so that you subconsciously start to think more positively.

This approach works very well but what I am trying to tell you is that you are right in that it can create a bias.. but here is the thing. There isn't anything wrong with bias either - it's neutral. If you think it will be helpful for you, go for it. That's true unbias.

The bottom line is this,  you can use positive thinking techniques but just be aware of what you're doing. They help and can be very beneficial.. but you don't HAVE TO. Another way to go about becoming more positive is thorugh becoming more concious or as you say, seeing the world in a more unbiased way.. they will lead you there aswell but it's more of an indirect way.. yet at the same time the most direct way because you then don't have to create another identity ( becoming more positive) and push your other identity away. 

Choose what speaks to you. Both ways are right!

Edited by SamC

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

8 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Should I still learn it? It seems really useful. And if I want to create a massive, great body of work I think holistic thinking would really help due to its nature of connecting the dots, and that ability would strengthen over the time via repeated practice. I presume holistic thinking will become automatically after a while of repitition.

Yes, exactly. You should learn it in any endeavor. Learning to think holistically is one of the best things you can do for yourself.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

@Magnanimous Yeah learn to think holistically but also be able to understand paradox. Such that as living from a place of unbiased nature. 

As you grow and mature and study more you’ll gain new insights and understanding. Be okay with not knowing and don’t fall into traps of grasping for ideas before they have been well flesh out over many years.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Magnanimous A good place to start is to wish positive outcomes on those around you. ie practice positivity in a detached way first. This will spill over into your own life.