eTorro

The face of Jordan Peterson

8 posts in this topic

Hello.

Here's a great interview about the significance of reaching your genetic potential in terms of developing your facial structure.

Those who don't have good facial structure have narrow, constricted airways — even their nasal cavity is thinner.

That is why so many of us have sleep apnea without knowing.

Since I've been doing Myo-Functional therapy (mewing), I sleep a lot better. My face is now developing properly (it is an ongoing process) and soon will reach its genetic potential in terms of mass and volume.

Don't underestimate this issue. Because we have inadequate diets (we're fed Baby Formula, which means that we're not breastfed and therefore we don't develop the reflect of having our tongue pressed against our upper palate), our faces are no longer reaching their genetic potential. The significance of "correct tongue posture" has a massive effect on our facial development.

Jordan Peterson is depressed because he suffers from obstructive sleep apnea — his brain doesn't enter into deep sleep phases.

And I believe @Leo Gura has the same problem; chronic fatigue is not a thyroid problem; it is "an obstructive sleep apnea issue."

Learn more about the work of Mike Mew, tongue posture, and about Myo-Functional therapy.

Due to obstructive sleep apnea, I was so obsessed about rectifying my craniofacial dystrophy that I used my tongue as much as I could (forcefully) — I was pressing my tongue against my upper palate (the upper maxilla) so powerfully that my facial structure began to grow and correct itself; my nasal airway bone structure gained volume and it widened.

We must take this seriously, guys.

P.S: the face develops at any age if you close your mouth, breathe through your nose and fix your tongue posture. The trick is to develop your tongue muscles to the point of almost being able to break your maxilla.

Edited by eTorro

6 hours ago, eTorro said:

And I believe @Leo Gura has the same problem; chronic fatigue is not a thyroid problem; it is "an obstructive sleep apnea issue."

This hubris does not help the rest of your message.

Though I do wonder if mewing does work. You would think there would be studies but hey, jelqing works too and I don’t think there are any studies on that either. Just looked up this whole mewing thing and apparently John Mew got his dental license stripped, but I would imagine that most quacks are pretty harmful (or at least threatening to other doctors) and so as soon as the medical organization thinks you might be one (no scientific studies confirming that your profound claims are true) it’s bye bye license… Could easily happen to someone who actually has discovered something practical and useful — since they’re so few and far between, it takes less energy and time to just assume they’re a quack, and that would be the right move 99% of the time, but because of that 1%, the closed-minded miss out.

Oh wow. There are some posts on reddit indicating that mewing clearly can and does work. But the majority of them seem to show no results -- maybe they're doing it wrong or not enough? That's just my assessment after an extremely brief glance though.

Edited by The0Self

Nice post. 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

I haven’t specifically done mewing but I’ve trained my tongue’s resting position to be the roof of my mouth, breathe through my nose while exercising, thoroughly chew my food and tape my mouth while sleeping.

No doubt these things have helped my facial structure, breathing and sleep.

James Nestor was able to add bone volume to his face through nasal breathing and has backed this up through bone scans. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

@King Merk isn't taping your mouth while sleeping dangerous 

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

Just now, Tyler Robinson said:

@King Merk isn't taping your mouth while sleeping dangerous 

Not if you do it properly.

I use a square shape that leaves the sides of my lips open while promoting nasal breathing. It’s mostly a comfort thing though. 

If I got hurt from taping my lips then I’m a pussy and deserve to die ? 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

I think the main message from these is to breathe through your nose and fix your mouth breathing at night. Mewing seems to help to be more mindful of it and forces you to nasal breathe because mouth breathing while keeping the tongue touching the upper palate is weird and feels wrong. 

Not sure if those claims around the change of bone structure are to be believed. Once your epiphyseal growth plate stops growing and calcifies, you don't get further bone development, but maybe it is like wearing a retainer that the constant pressure of the tongue does something indeed over the time. It is possible. I've been doing this practice for about 30 months+ but haven't noticed any changes of facial structure. Maybe it is more profound if you are in your early 20s and still have some possibility of bone development. 

Taping mouth was fun too

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Singing adresses all of that as well. Jaw and tongue placement + proper breathing. Vibrating the skull like that also has meditative effects(there's a physiological reason why chanting mantra is a thing). And it's a lot of fun! 

Sailing on the ceiling