Magnanimous

Will Professional Sport be around in the future? - LP question

6 posts in this topic

I haven't figured out my Life Purpose yet, but I've been inspired to be a writer, and chances are, my Purpose will be creative. I've had a lot of ideas for future novels, and I have a hunch that many major contributions to their contents will be from past experiences, which include my talents, which include certain sports.

But I'm not sure if pro sports will be in the future. Would it still exist?

Why would pro sports ever go away. Its a multi billion dollar industry and there are more people than ever playing sports. Basketball is growing at an insane rate, over 1 billion players. Soccer is huge, over 1 billion players. As long as there are people playing the sport and people paying to watch the sport, pro sports will never die

People have been playing sports for as long as we can tell. Ancient Native Americans had them. The first Olympics were held in the 8th century BC, which is like 2,800 years ago.

Maybe in the distant future people will outgrow sports. But no chance in our lifetime that we go from pro sports being billion-dollar industries to not existing. Or people literally not being able to remember what sports are when reading references to them in a book.

Lots of stuff in Shakespeare isn't a thing today, and we need to have the context explained. That's just a part of studying literature.

If you try to read Beowulf it looks more like a Scandinavian language than English. Even reading Old English texts by people like Chaucer a few hundred years ago is a struggle. If you want your stories to survive the test of time, you've got bigger problems to worry about than sports.

For your life’s time yes

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

On 3.11.2022 at 6:05 AM, Magnanimous said:

But I'm not sure if pro sports will be in the future. Would it still exist?

???

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Never

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.