JuliusCaesar

A Summary of CSJoseph's "What is Extraverted Thinking"

42 posts in this topic

52 minutes ago, Loba said:

I've known a few INFJ's and they struggle just as much as the INFP's just in their own unique ways.  Some I have gotten along with, and some I have not.  When I meet an INFJ, I see someone who doesn't have a sense of self most of the time - they are kind of an environmental amalgamation.  How are you supposed to save the world when you barely even know what you want for yourself/what you like?  They often don't have an identity, they just become "the people" in a literal sense.  That sounds really rough.

That's all accurate, but frankly, from an INFJ's perpective, the greatest challenge is getting over performance anxiety. I remember when I first learned to drive, my Dad who's an ESTP told me "Oh, you'll get the hang of it in about 15 minutes". 15 minutes my snow-white ass. More like 15 hours. Si demon is a bitch.

54 minutes ago, Loba said:

If an INFP were to do anything for an INFJ it would be showing them how to have a sense of self, how to not have to blend into the environment in such a way where you lose who you are, but I don't know if that lends anything to helping the world.  Maybe it helps the INFJ.  From what I have found dealing with them is that they do more than INFP's.  The wedge in my INFJ friendships IRL were because I was so stationary in life and they wanted to have more experiences out in the world.  I couldn't keep up with them in the area of self development.  On top of this, I can see into people pretty well and when I realized that they lacked a sense of self, but were more like black holes that brought everything into themselves, they got weird about it.  Like, they both want you to know this about them and to discover this part of themselves - I think they secretly want out of their "black hole", but once you see it, they run away.

I think being a black hole sound nice, Scientists think black holes to be the most powerful force in the Universe. That's a hell of an accomplishment if you ask me. I mean, imagine being so powerful not even light can escape your grasp. Take that Old Spice odor blocker!

But you're totally right about the whole INFP teaching the NFJ to have a sense of self. ENFPs naturally, and also STJs are great at doing this also because they have a similar function stack. An ESTJ is like a brilliant star for the INFJ to devour. 

59 minutes ago, Loba said:

Haha, smoke weed.  I used to do that a lot, but it was self medicating mental issues.  I quit it because it was expensive/masking things/I didn't want to be reliant on it/made me stressed when I didn't have it.  Me personally, I have mental health stuff that directly affects executive functioning.  Like, bills, groceries, daily schedules... what even is that?  I don't know.  I can focus intently on one thing at a time, and I'll get pretty far with it, but the constant distraction that life has to offer leaves me in the dark when it comes to basic "adulting".  I might be one of the least developed in some aspects and mid-tier developed in others on this forum.  Very lopsided.

Yes, Cannabis is often used as a crutch, but a crutch can be useful. For the same reason that analgesics are useful.

1 hour ago, Loba said:

The thing with INFP's is - we love other people, we care, but we wanna do what we wanna do.  What "feels right", and generally, if there are no distractions we can really bore our way into that pretty efficiently.  I think this gives off the illusion that an INFP is more capable than they are.  You see someone who is really excellent at one or two things and people think that can translate to many different scenarios and we're kind of one trick pony's. 

It' interesting you mention this, because INFPs have an ISTP superego, and the ISTP is like a jack of all trades. So what you're saying makes a lot of sense especially if you live in America which is an SJ dominant society, and as such they probably tend to see you as your superego instead of your ego if you're an INFP in America.

1 hour ago, Loba said:

On top of this, the INFP is very sensitive.

Yes, this is why they like INFJs so much because INFJs are very gentle almost as a rule.

15 hours ago, Asayake said:

What CSJ doesn't seem to comprehend is that the laziness is a coping mechanism for dealing with being an INFP. It isn't so easy all the time. I wish he could be a bit more understanding in his content.

This would seem to arise because of Si Inferior trying to go aspirational and bulldoze Si Child. ENTPs can be plenty nasty when they want to be. Of course, CSJ seems to have criticism for all of the types, even his own to some extent.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.

2 minutes ago, JuliusCaesar said:

But you're totally right about the whole INFP teaching the NFJ to have a sense of self. ENFPs naturally, and also STJs are great at doing this also because they have a similar function stack. An ESTJ is like a brilliant star for the INFJ to devour. 

And this likely explains why I like to watch Court cases on Tv so much. Individual like Judge Jeanine Pirro, Joe Brown, Judith Sheindlin etc. Though I think Judy might be an STP, she's hard as nails. Either that or her shadow is very very very well developed.

Potestas Infinitas, Libertas Infinitas, Auctoritas Infinitas.