Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Illusory Self

Why are most people not into personal development?

6 posts in this topic

It makes me quite sad, I see my parents repeating the same patterns every single day without growing in their lives. 

I get this urge to want to help them improve their lives, and I just don't understand why they are not into it? 

Is it a matter of me communicating it effectively to them or do some people just really don't want to change. They just seem to be living the same repeated behaviours on a daily basis and it makes me somewhat sad because I know they are capable of much more.

Almost like they are completely stuck in their ways of thinking and doing certain things. 

Not enough midichlorians or respawns ^_^

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura that’s it 100 respawns 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Survival - too busy worrying about covering the basics like having food and a roof over their head

Most also simply don't know it's an option. They just think you are who you are, you're dealt a hand in life and that's it. You roll your character stats at birth and you stay at level 1 forever and they never change.

Just like you can get stuck in thought loops on psychedelics -- most people's lives are just one giant thought loop / action loop. They get up and do the same thing every day, and they never even stop to question if it could be another way.

If you ask a normal person why they do any given thing a certain way, they'll usually just give you a baffled look. They can't imagine anything different. Why do we do it this way.... "Because that's the way it's always been done."

Even if it means being miserable. Don't get it wrong. People find great comfort and companionship in misery. You think people would strive to be less miserable, but not usually the case. Misery is fucking addictive. Labelling yourself as a powerless victim is one of the best ways to get stuck in life, while also completely absolving yourself of responsibility.

Edited by Yarco

Simply start seeing other people as facts of nature like trees or rocks. Don’t go about trying to get people into personal development who are friends or relatives. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Everyone is developing, just at different rates. A 70 year will see the world different than a 20 year old, even if they've never been into self development. Your parents have already had to develop just to bring you up.

All stories and explanations are false.