pablo_aka_god

Want to take mushrooms to cry, haven't cried in 20 years

6 posts in this topic

I'm 27 years old, I used to cry a lot as a child until someday at age of 8 my father told me that man don't cry and I started repressing it. Now I feel I have developed a shell that doesn't allow me to cry even if I want to. I would like to brake free of it since I feel it blocks me from being truly free emotionally. Also I have serious problem connecting with Women and I have a feeling it may be related to this.

Do you recommend taking Magic mushrooms with this goal? if so which approach would you recommend I follow?

I have already taken mushrooms 2 times in the last 3 months and last time I got close to crying without it being my goal but because I was doing the trip with a friend at a public park I got inhibited and repressed it. Next time I would do it alone in my home.

Edited by pablo_aka_god

Mushrooms definitely open up emotions a lot, and often make you cry or laugh a lot, they are a very good psychedelic for this.

Since you have already taken mushrooms two times but didn't reach your goal maybe you should adjust the dosage to be higher. Or just try with the same dose and see how it goes without your friend around.

It also seems unimaginable to me that someone would have not cried for 20 years, personally I cry literally every day (although almost always due to happiness).

Edited by amanen

I am Physically Immortal

I am also more than God :)

Cry away 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Crying happens spontaneously at least for me. When I am beautifully gripped by a thought on how I could change the world for the better for example.  But then it’s often at a public space and I am not comfortable crying there. At home I can try to get into the mood with something beautifully sad but it’s never as good as when it happens spontaneously and tears aren’t guaranteed. But I feel like you can get better at it with practice. 

My cousin didn't have emotional support in his childhood. He used to withdraw from his family as much as possible, as a coping mechanism.

Few years ago (him being 29 years old) we took psychedelics together for the first time. He hadn't cried almost like ever. We were tripping in my apartment where it was safe and calm, mostly just sitting by ourselves contemplating, didn't really talk much. At the end part of the trip he went into my bedroom and started crying his ass off. I had never seen him crying before.

He said it was one of the most relieving experiences of his life, like a huge pile of shit falling off of his shoulders. 

He clearly has emotional package to offload, especially from his difficult childhood. Today he don't really do psychedelics anymore, but he is aware of this ''emotional imp'' inside of him and he's been working on finding ways to let loose sober.

So it definitely helped him at least, to let go of some ''negative energy'' and point him to the right direction with how that stuff should be handled. I say it's crucial to do it in an environment where you feel safe enough to become emotionally vulnerable. Public park will not do. Man my cousin barely dared to open up in my presence even though we were in a comfortable environment plus I'm the closest person to him in this planet.

Hmm, I remember crying a lot when I took trufffles in Amsterdam. So cathartic

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"