The Mystical Man

Jury Decisions Announced in Parkland Shooting Trial

56 posts in this topic

@AtheisticNonduality Yeah well, he’s a mass murderer. What ramifications would come from his death sentence?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

And how do you know your distanced removed from the killings makes you more apt to make decisions around a crime which you have no reference for the weight it puts on people?

◭"89"

15 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

@AtheisticNonduality Yeah well, he’s a mass murderer. What ramifications would come from his death sentence?

What ramifications would come from 17 deaths in some random Floridian high school? Is 17 really > 1 to such an extent to where 17 dying is the worst thing in the world but 1 dying is basically nothing? Just because the 17 had loving families and a place in society, and the 1 didn't?

As qualitative as it is, "evil" is a pretty good measurer here. "Evil" would be if somebody slaughtered 17 people with more conscious malice and homicidal happiness and torturous abandon. This one doesn't strike me as evil but rather as a damaged brain that went through too much stress and which ended up committing an egregious crime (considering real evil, think of the recent mass murderer in Thailand that actually shot and stabbed preschoolers to death during nap time). There's an important difference, which people won't see because they are too focused on their own whims.

@AtheisticNonduality He’s not equal to the 17 he killed. They weren’t mass murderers.

◭"89"

Just now, Thought Art said:

@AtheisticNonduality He’s not equal to the 17 he killed.

Never said he was equal. I'm just saying 1 does not equal 0. Or rather, there's no good reason here to subtract 1 from 1 (execution) into 0 (another death, which serves no good purpose).

They weren’t mass murderers.

Never met them. So I assume they were average humans . . .

I see the good/virtue in everyone, and oftentimes with situations like this and conversations of the death penalty I see the evil/stupidity in everyone - so make of that what you will.

@AtheisticNonduality Death penalty could even be a gift for Cruz 

◭"89"

33 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Yeah, people act like the death sentence is the worst sentence, but if you really want to punish someone, lock him up for the rest of his life.

He gets to live, but he lost his freedom. Losing your freedom is worse than losing your life.

Life in prison is the ultimate death sentence. 

Edited by The Mystical Man

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

10 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

If it was a gift you could have it as euthanasia. But I don't think he wants to be euthanized. They could dedicate the rest of his life to biochemical or psychological studies though.

He should dedicate his life to stopping mass shootings 

◭"89"

@Leo Gura I'd rather die personally , prison sounds like hell

"You have to allow yourself to not know"- Peter Ralston

8 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Fine with me. Death anyway. It's not about revenge, it's about properly allocating resources.

Death penalty simply needs to be made cheaper than life in prison.

There is no ambiguity in this guy's case. He could be justly executed tomorrow.

Here's a simple rule: anyone caught on camera shooting at children in a school is executed within a month.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

7 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no ambiguity in this guy's case.

It's never that simple. There are always aggravating and mitigating factors. The jury recommended life in prison because of Cruz's upbringing and his mental illness. 

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Fine with me. Death anyway. It's not about revenge, it's about properly allocating resources.

Resource allocation has to take morality into account.

I'm fine with revenge if it's truly personal and happens outside the court system.

Once the government/civilization/legality gets its hands on it, it should be completely humane.

Efficiency of resources here would dedicate this one's life to being scientifically studied.

@The Mystical Man The "orator" for that "criminal psychology" video has an obnoxious voice. And the murderer did not appear to be "pretending to be crazy" since he seemed, by his actions and mannerisms and the shape of his head and the look in his eye, to be actually insane.

I'd say the reason I've been aggressive here is because most of the masses are idiots on this topic and will blindly favor the killing of the murderer, when I (from a higher perspective of course :|) wouldn't necessarily view it that way.

@Thought Art What are your thoughts on those who pushed the narrative "weapons of mass destruction"?  Being that it lead to the invading and bombing of a country should all those in media who pushed the narrative and be put to death? politicians too? 

Edited by Johnny Galt

@The Mystical Man You know what? I actually don’t care about his upbringing. He killed 17 people. 

Normally people who kill 17 people have some kind of fucked up upbringing. 

Lots of people have ADHD and trauma and don’t go shooting 17 people. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I don’t hate Cruz. I just think there should be a strong, swift exterminating of anyone who attacks children in schools with weapons. Especially mass killers. The extermination should be swift and need not cost much. 

Hell, I know people sitting on death row right now for a fraction of what he did. There’s even innocent people on death row right not. Cruz? Should already be dead. 

◭"89"

2 hours ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Resource allocation has to take morality into account.

I'm fine with revenge if it's truly personal and happens outside the court system.

Once the government/civilization/legality gets its hands on it, it should be completely humane.

Efficiency of resources here would dedicate this one's life to being scientifically studied.

@The Mystical Man The "orator" for that "criminal psychology" video has an obnoxious voice. And the murderer did not appear to be "pretending to be crazy" since he seemed, by his actions and mannerisms and the shape of his head and the look in his eye, to be actually insane.

I'd say the reason I've been aggressive here is because most of the masses are idiots on this topic and will blindly favor the killing of the murderer, when I (from a higher perspective of course :|) wouldn't necessarily view it that way.

Wow, that’s funny how your opinion that your smarter and see reality from a higher perspective than all the idiots who think someone who murdered 17 people deserves to die. What’s it like being so smart?

So, people who think the death sentence is reasonable are blind eh? That’s funny and a bit odd. Maybe we should just let Cruz go back to school like nothing happened. Meanwhile the families and communities morn and the hundreds or thousands of kids who went to school with Cruz have PTSD for the rest of their lives. 

It’s not about revenge. I also doubt studying him beyond what they already know will do any good. We have plenty of research on the criminal mind. Nothing brought up in his defence was new. 

Not trying to be a dick. It’s just when people lump an opinion I have into the “blind idiot masses” I tend not to be as nice.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"