LfcCharlie4

The Fundamental Pillars Of Health

10 posts in this topic

A question for @Michael569 & everyone else here. 

So, everyday we see a new miracle supplement, exercise, food, diet etc

I wanted to ask what do you class as the Pillars of health that matter more than anything, and things every human should strive towards in the domain of health & fitness. (This can still include certain supplements or 'hacks') 

Essentially the core you would prescribe yourself & everyone else from the age of say a teenager to carry through their life- 

Mine would be- 

90% WholeFood diet (minimum)

7-9 hours of daily sleep 

Daily exercise (10k steps or the equivalent) 

3-4L of water 

Supplements vary depending on Diet but just cover basic needs + Vitamin D3 if in cold country & ideally sleep & brain supps 

Some form of Resistance / Weight training routine 

Maintain a healthy bodyweight / caloric control (happens naturally when all steps are followed)

My main 'hack' would be Sauna + Cold exposure- this is SO good for sweating out all the toxins among 100 other things (Dr Rhonda Patrick explains best) 

I personally think some form of fasting (if you're a woman, research as more intricate how to practice due to hormones) just to learn self-control, discipline & what not

Am I missing any? 

Or what would you add? 

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

@LfcCharlie4 thanks for the tag. Great list of practical suggestions. Not much to add without getting lost into various rabbit holes. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

10 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

Am I missing any? 

Or what would you add? 

1) Sunlight. You can also use red light therapy to supplement that end of the spectrum.

2) Massage or regular bodywork

3) Mix of zone 2 steady-state cardio and HIIT

4) Functional breathing, i.e healthy breathing mechanics and healthy breathing volume

5) Working on your emotional wellbeing with through meditation, therapy, shadow work or some other modality. Stress is not good for your health

6) Getting outside into nature 

@aurum

Yeah these are great points!

1) What do you recommend for people in a cold country? 

4) Couldn't agree more! Everyone should learn to nose breath & sleep with their mouth taped, I was diagnosed with Asthma before doing this 

5) Of course!

6) Defo- walks, being outside in general anyway you can

@Michael569 Maybe you can add the type of Wholefoods to help people? I think most know to eat whole, they just don't know how (we are never taught it)

'One is always in the absolute state, knowingly or unknowingly for that is all there is.' Francis Lucille. 

'Peace and Happiness are inherent in Consciousness.' Rupert Spira 

“Your own Self-Realization is the greatest service you can render the world.” Ramana Maharshi

10 hours ago, LfcCharlie4 said:

1) What do you recommend for people in a cold country? 

Get in it while can during the summer lol.

During the winter months, red light therapy. It’s not the same but it will help.

You can also do cod liver oil for vitamin d, assuming it’s not full of heavy metals or toxics. Which is questionable.

I’ve also heard people recommend indoor tanning beds for UV light, but I personally have not tried that. Might do more harm than good.

I'm pretty sure you can get Vitamin D supplements.

Aurum mentioned massage but I would like to bring it up again.

Self-massage with a lacrosse ball got me from not being able to use a computer more than 5 minutes because of wrist pain to being nearly 100% better. It was all caused my tight muscles in my chest, back and lats. If you have any tight muscles anywhere in your body, then use a lacrosse ball to massage and release the tension. It has also helped me with healing from foot and knee pain. It might not be needed for everyone but for people that do need it, it is a huge quality of life and health boost.

The model I’ve taught my clients is Paul Chek’s 4 doctors approach.

1. Dr Diet 

2. Dr Quiet

3. Dr Happy

4. Dr Movement

Dr diet is obviously everything you eat/drink.

Dr quiet is finding “me time” to introspect, unwind, sleep, etc.

Dr happy is your degree of enjoyment and fulfillment in life

Dr movement is all about moving the body and staying physically fit.

This 4 doctors approach is the most holistic yet simplistic health model I’ve come across. 

The game of survival cannot be won. 

4 hours ago, Jordan said:

Aurum mentioned massage but I would like to bring it up again.

Self-massage with a lacrosse ball got me from not being able to use a computer more than 5 minutes because of wrist pain to being nearly 100% better. It was all caused my tight muscles in my chest, back and lats. If you have any tight muscles anywhere in your body, then use a lacrosse ball to massage and release the tension. It has also helped me with healing from foot and knee pain. It might not be needed for everyone but for people that do need it, it is a huge quality of life and health boost.

Myofascial release is a game changer for a lot of people. Glad to hear it had a positive impact on you!:D

The game of survival cannot be won.