StarStruck

Why do Russians drink so much?

7 posts in this topic

Is it culture? Or generational trauma they are trying to suppress? And can I be lead to a period? The Soviet times were hard but how was it before that? Could it all be followed back to the mongol invasion? Because some Russian soldiers (that I have seen on video) are portraying the same behavior of the mongol army.

In Tate we trust

Why are you singling out Russians? Russia rates 17th in the world for alcohol consumption per capita: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_alcohol_consumption_per_capita

Germany, Ireland, France all drink more. I don't think anyone would look to trauma or some Mongol connection to explain why they drink so much.

I don't know the answer. Also just looking at amount drank doesn't tell the whole story. I bet Germany is so high because it's more common to have a beer with every meal, same for wine in France. Ireland I would guess is probably more whisky, so their reasons or culture might be more analogous to Russia. Having 1 beer a day culture is different than slamming back 7 shots in 1 night on the weekend culture.

When your life is shit and you have no future to look forward to, the only thing you have to look forward to is drugs.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I saw some videos of Russian soldiers. It is very sad. Most people on twitter make fun of them but my heart broke.

In Tate we trust

Well Russia is a broken country, ever since she went from being a European superpower in the early 20th century to a communist hell hole, the Russian citizens suffered. Say if Russia never had a 1917 revolution, Russia would be one of the most developed of the European nations. You would not see even a 10th of the problems you see today. I hate Putin and his weird fantasies, but if he followed in the footsteps of tsar Nicholas II, Russia would come back to her greatness, to the greatness of what used to be the Russian empire. I know this was deep, but my honest opinion to this subject area. 

Edited by kray
Typo

@kray some countries just need therapy on a collective scale but you can’t really force that on people. They will want to have it themselves. If the collective damage is done too much people will settle for their faith. 

In Tate we trust