Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razard86

What is Self?

58 posts in this topic

The biggest trap in Spirituality is the belief that there is no self. There is. So why does Spirituality teach you there is no self. Because the belief in a separate self is the barrier between finding out the true nature of reality and transcending the Pro/Con nature of reality that you experience. 

So what is self? Self is just denial of infinity, and a belief in pros and cons. The issue is you have many people in Spirituality running around telling you that there is no self...and yet if you offer them food they don't like...they will say no. If you start stabbing them with a knife, they will attempt to defend themselves. They will say there is a right and a wrong. They will tell you something is real, or an appearance....etc.

Here is something you need to understand....Infinity...does not speak. When in infinity is in its formless state...it has no distinction. Why? Because it loves all distinctions so much...it LOSES itself in the distinction. So what is self? DISTINCTION!!! If you perceive ANY distinction...YOU ARE A SELF!!! So stop this nonsense. If I put you in a dark room, you going to tell me you don't want light? If you are hungry and I have food are you going to tell me NO?

If I take all your money...would you care? YES!!! Self=distinction!!! If you didn't have a self...you cannot experience distinction!!! So stop this silly nonsense!!! Its a pointer!! No self is a pointer!!!

Infinity is EVERYTHING!!! Understand? A self is HOUSED WITHIN INFINITY!!! Once you realize this...you realize...Real and Illusion is something YOU DECIDE!!!! That's how this whole she bang works!!! YOU ARE THE CREATOR OF REALITY, SO ILLUSION, LIE, TRUTH, DISTINCTION, NO DISTINCTION is something you decide.

That's the whole point of this. Infinity has no free will, it gives it up....because it loves everything equally so it doesn't make decisions...it is just an automatic process...that just creates...continually forever. 

A self...believes in right and wrong, pro and con, and thus can make decisions. The only reason a self has issues...is it forgets it is a part of infinity and thinks it needs to go to battle with infinity. Once the finite awakens and realizes it is actually infinity...it allows its will to become one with infinity.

Then it picks a path....and trusts that everything will unfold with the highest purpose...because it loves and trusts itself completely. It realizes it was always in control and takes complete responsibility for everything that happens in the Universe. It then walks the path...of radical acceptance...of everything. To accept everything as perfection...and choosing what to experience and add to that perfection. 

It sees the beauty in its own limits, as it realizes even its limits are itself imaginary because its limits...fits together perfectly with reality.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Razard86 nice...if i may i will add that one has to realize no self before one can realize Self.  With self inquiry this can happen in the same awakening because the ego consciousness will give way to God Consciousness.   I don't see it happening in separate awakening but perhaps with psychedelics it does.   

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

4 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Razard86 nice...if i may i will add that one has to realize no self before one can realize Self.  With self inquiry this can happen in the same awakening because the ego consciousness will give way to God Consciousness.   I don't see it happening in separate awakening but perhaps with psychedelics it does.   

I agree...I'm just annoyed by how they get stuck at no self...its like...you are literally denying what you are doing...which is acting like a finite expression...which is what a self is.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

8 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

I want to show you hilarious it is... A person will tell you...I am not a self, I don't see a distinction. You then throw a knife at them and they dodge.

I am not a self...you then throw more knives and they dodge and hide. You take a chainsaw....you ready for some no distinction?

OK OK I AM A SELF!! PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!!!!

LOL.

When you deny the truth...you suffer...so all you no selfs....prepare to suffer some more!!!!

Edited by Razard86

10 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

I agree...I'm just annoyed by how they get stuck at no self...its like...you are literally denying what you are doing...which is acting like a finite expression...which is what a self is.

It's almost like a brain washing because If you tell them this they will respond with its just happening but no one is doing it.  It's just happening.  The body may turn when your name is called but no one is turning.  It's really sad to see.  It's a bastardization of spirituality and a demonization of the ego and it's sad to see.  It's the neo-advaita trap.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1It happens both at the same time, although paradoxically you can have the no self awakening without putting two and two together. So maybe the "knowing" is an after the fact kind of thing.. or the ego trying to put it's finger on what happened? I think cessation is a great synonym for no-self. My first cessation/no-self experience was the closest description I can think of to "heaven".

1 minute ago, Godishere said:

@Inliytened1It happens both at the same time, although paradoxically you can have the no self awakening without putting two and two together. So maybe the "knowing" is an after the fact kind of thing.. or the ego trying to put it's finger on what happened? I think cessation is a great synonym for no-self. My first cessation/no-self experience was the closest description I can think of to "heaven".

Excellent.   Spot on.  You might want to include yourself in those 5 or 10 on the forum.  I know it for sure now. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Sorry to disagree with you guys. I think the biggest trap in spirituality is spirituality.

Apparently.

2 minutes ago, axiom said:

Sorry to disagree with you guys. I think the biggest trap in spirituality is spirituality.

It can be.  For Not knowing is Truth.   To know too much can get one lost in concepts.  I put it at number 2.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

11 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Excellent.   Spot on.  You might want to include yourself in those 5 or 10 on the forum.  I know it for sure now. 

Yeah sorry mate I've been meaning to reply to you. 

I laid off the psychedelics after my last trip where I didn't surrender to the experience. I was inching closer and closer to total awakening and it got very solipsistic for me. People here don't understand how solipsistic awakening at the "higher" levels really is. It's not a fucking joke, and you should expect to lose your mind. You know you're in deep when you can't tell the difference between yourself and a wall anymore. So yeah, it's no joke this stuff.

In saying that, as the Buddha says life is suffering, so I've turned to the manual practice and I would like to experience those blissful states again. I have faith that God is Love and that I just wasn't ready to be shown what I was shown. 

After experiencing Infinity or what I believe is a better word eternity even for one second it changes you. Once seen cannot be unseen kind of thing.. 

Hopefully I can awaken or at least have some mystical experiences with meditation/self inquiry before turning back to the dark side.

@Godishere it's not a joke at all. my final awakening was what I can only call Oneness.   I also lost my mind.  This is because Oneness or Infinity cannot be contained by the physical body so you may experience a wind I call the God Wind.  The God Wind is Infinity and the human body cannot handle it.   But beyond the God Wind is a bliss and a Love like no other.   Once one crosses the storm one can bask in the beauty of peaceful perfection.  The kingdom of God.   You are here now.  But you do not hold it in your mind as such. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I know this horse has probably been beat to death but what do you think is stopping me from recognizing myself as God at this very moment? 

5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Godishere it's not a joke at all. my final awakening was what I can only call Oneness.   I also lost my mind.  This is because Oneness or Infinity cannot be contained by the physical body so you may experience a wind I call the God Wind.  The God Wind is Infinity and the human body cannot handle it.   But beyond the God Wind is a bliss and a Love like no other.   Once one crosses the storm one can bask in the beauty of peaceful perfection.  The kingdom of God.   You are here now.  But you do not hold it in your mind as such. 

For me the God Wind sometimes feels like an ocean...and also.. on a psychedelic like a bomb going off in my body. But yeah it seems like those mystical experiences...open up the body more...loosening the attachment.

13 minutes ago, Godishere said:

Yeah sorry mate I've been meaning to reply to you. 

I laid off the psychedelics after my last trip where I didn't surrender to the experience. I was inching closer and closer to total awakening and it got very solipsistic for me. People here don't understand how solipsistic awakening at the "higher" levels really is. It's not a fucking joke, and you should expect to lose your mind. You know you're in deep when you can't tell the difference between yourself and a wall anymore. So yeah, it's no joke this stuff.

In saying that, as the Buddha says life is suffering, so I've turned to the manual practice and I would like to experience those blissful states again. I have faith that God is Love and that I just wasn't ready to be shown what I was shown. 

After experiencing Infinity or what I believe is a better word eternity even for one second it changes you. Once seen cannot be unseen kind of thing.. 

Hopefully I can awaken or at least have some mystical experiences with meditation/self inquiry before turning back to the dark side.

You are already awake, even the no self people are awake...its just degrees of awakening. The irony is...the no self belief isn't wrong...its incomplete. 

9 minutes ago, Godishere said:

@Inliytened1 I know this horse has probably been beat to death but what do you think is stopping me from recognizing myself as God at this very moment? 

You. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

You are already awake, even the no self people are awake...its just degrees of awakening. The irony is...the no self belief isn't wrong...its incomplete. 

Yeah but I would call it more conceptual awakening now. It's not like I'm sitting here conscious of my true nature 24/7.

9 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

For me the God Wind sometimes feels like an ocean...and also.. on a psychedelic like a bomb going off in my body. But yeah it seems like those mystical experiences...open up the body more...loosening the attachment

An ocean of consciousness and Love and with every wave that crashes down you lose more and more of yourself until only bliss and exctacy remains and you can't ever remember even being someone. That's how it feels to awaken. 

And then boom. somehow you're incarnated back here.. with a job.. and responsibilities and "purpose"

6 minutes ago, Godishere said:

Yeah but I would call it more conceptual awakening now. It's not like I'm sitting here conscious of my true nature 24/7.

An ocean of consciousness and Love and with every wave that crashes down you lose more and more of yourself until only bliss and exctacy remains and you can't ever remember even being someone. That's how it feels to awaken. 

And then boom. somehow you're incarnated back here.. with a job.. and responsibilities and "purpose"

Learn to embrace it.  This is wisdom.  Understand that the mechanics of God is Infinity.   God will understand and experience everything there is because it is the very thing that it learns from.  You will bask in this for an eternity so do not despair.  But you will also not know.  Which is what you do now.  You itch to know who you are.  To understand yourself - but you have put up barriers to prevent Infinity from breaking in.   This is paradoxical because infinity is itself, and can break any barriers it creates.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 

14 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

You. 

But how to "cross the storm", as you say? Or become "conscious" of it. Here and now, without the psychedelics!!!

@Godishere you won't like this answer but that is for you to discover as God.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

there is no self in the sense that reality has no preference and the self is preference. infinity does not dodge knives, it is done by the apparent self that is the energy that it desires, and that is illusory, therefore, there is no self. but when you realize the infinite, absolute in which there is no outside, you realize that you are it. without desire, without object and subject, absolute, it is you. in the sense of being, not wanting. in fact, the most notorious thing about that realization is: me. This is me. what I always was and had forgotten, obvious. then there is only 'i"