eskwire

Leo's Bullshit Paradox About Working Super Hard And Also Accepting Everything

17 posts in this topic

Turns out it's not bullshit. ;)  A lot of people get caught up in this paradox and write off his explanations.  Synthesis of these opposing forces is central to Dialectical Behavior Therapy, used clinically in the treatment of some psychological issues.  

Here's an excerpt from an article in Clinical Psychology Science and Practice.

"[Dialectical Behavior Therapy] is based on a dialectical worldview, which postulates that reality consists of opposing forces.  The synthesis of these forces leads to a new reality, which in turn consists of opposing forces, in a continual process of change.  In DBT, the most central dialectic is the relationship between acceptance and change.  Clients are encouraged to accept themselves, their histories, and their current situations exactly as they are, while working intensively to change their behaviors and environments in order to build a better life.  The synthesis of this apparent contradiction is a central goal of DBT."

Acceptance + Massive Action

nothing is anything

@jse YEP!!! Why did you wanna see something so hateful? Or were you going to help the wayward soul? ;)

nothing is anything

I think is both, Bullshit and no Bullshit!

:P

Very interesting @eskwire  I didn't know about that. That's pretty buddhist I think, hehehe.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Totally clickbaited hahaha

I'm asking myself how this could possibly work, beeing so controverse. lol
(I know it works but is contradictory lol).

6 minutes ago, blazed said:

Ultimately consciousness is witnessing someone else self-actualizing.

That's what I don't get, isn't that ultimately consciousness our true self?

It is witnessing itself, the only thing is that maya (the illusion) is making it believe that is a separated entity.

Or am I wrong?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

9 minutes ago, blazed said:

What about the paradox of that your thoughts and mind is also just another perception like vision and sound?

That's not a paradox.

nothing is anything

2 minutes ago, blazed said:

and the entire thing impossible to comprehend as you can never hold onto the thing you truly are, it's always fleeting from understanding.

That's what I was asking, thanks!

I know it can't be understood from our perspective. 
^_^

1 hour ago, eskwire said:

Clients are encouraged to accept themselves, their histories, and their current situations exactly as they are, while working intensively to change their behaviors and environments in order to build a better life.

How you change something you have not accepted to be true lol

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

From the Chandogya Upanishad:

" The Ultimate exists within oneself – Third Prapāṭhaka

The first six verses of the thirteenth volume of Chandogya's third chapter state a theory of Svarga (heaven) as human body, whose doorkeepers are eyes, ears, speech organs, mind and breath. To reach Svarga, asserts the text, understand these doorkeepers. The Chandogya Upanishad then states that the ultimate heaven and highest world exists within oneself "

Edited by abrakamowse

I thought finally someone would stand up to Leo and call him out on something, turns out it was merely a bullshit clickbait. I am still waiting for the mighty warrior who has enough balls to challenge Leo in his own lair and finally put an end to his devilish reign.

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.

1 minute ago, Life Coach said:

I thought finally someone would stand up to Leo and call him out on something, turns out it was merely a bullshit clickbait. I am still waiting for the mighty warrior who has enough balls to challenge Leo in his own lair and finally put an end to his devilish reign.

:S

Talking about the devil, today I bought something from the supermarket and it cost me $ 6.66

:ph34r:

27 minutes ago, Life Coach said:

People argue with him all the time, especially about this. The clickbait was to lure in people who complain about this paradox and give them something else to consider about it.

Your "mighty warriors" are all over the place, including the forum. 

Edited by eskwire

nothing is anything