jse

What Makes You Unique?

15 posts in this topic

Please post a brief description of what makes you "you".

I once held the world record for the youngest person on Earth.

Edited by jse

The only thing I'm coming up with, is that I am experiencing everything as me, and no one else is (that I'm aware of). 

My wife however, is under the understanding she also always knows what I'm thinking. A lot of the time, I don't seem to even need to talk, because she always knows what I'm going to say. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The past and future that I will experience in "this body". Nobody will experience it from my point of view, unless they are me. Whether that's a good or bad thing is just perspective :).

People become unique because billions of others are inconscious/lazy and copy a role from their culture/social circles.

It's the things you create in your life that can be unique, not your mortal shell, nothing comes from your ego.

Just my interpretation of it, like a lot of other things, how could you really know ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I think everyone can have something unique about them, and it doesn't have to come from ego.
I've been looking into hacking flow states this morning, and they say that creativity, scientific breakthroughs, and athletic performance come from this state - which is essentially a letting go of the past and future and being deeply immersed in the present.
So from what little I understand thus far, these things that come from this state would not be egoic - and this would be the place where an individual's 'uniqueness' rises from.

So perhaps no one is unique in that we can all achieve this state, and we all often do - but the ideas that come from this state are non-egoic - a huge part of what makes us who we are - awareness and action working symbiotically.  

So it's kind of both?  Maybe?
One can create unique things from that state of flow - because it is non-egoic - but it is not unique in that it isn't a rare skill to have - but what comes from it has the potential to be - dipping into our archaic pools to string together bits and pieces - which is really all of us - but manifested in a "unique" a personal form, for that particular individual.

So, maybe the moment you add a label to it: "This is unique." "I am unique." that adds an egoic quality to it, which interrupts flow - as it absolutely needs to be action and awareness.  But I am thinking that with practice in obtaining this state, and taking from it the lessons that it is supposed to teach, that anyone and everyone can find out what makes them unique within their own flow state.

Flow can be cultivated in:
Dance
Poetry/Writing
Music
Physics
Athletics
Art

This guy goes into depth on the topic. (He also mentions limiting television use)

And this talks about the cycles of obtaining flow and the chemicals that have to do with creating flow, and why it is so addictive.

What makes you unique:
Whatever arises in the moment.

I like God, the "On His throne, majestic and awesome being" kind, I like.

@Whywolf I love what you're talking about. I spend as much time as possible in the flow. My practices are music, meditation, and cardio. I think I have a timely offer of balance for you.  The flow is opposite to uniqueness. In my experience, it is synonymous with losing yourself. It is the state of having let go.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm Yeah, exactly. It's kind of a paradox - the things that you can take from flow state have the potential to be unique, but the state itself is nonegoic and a common part of the human condition.
So no one is really unique for having it, because anyone can enter this state - but it's a great way to deconstruct and reconstruct ideas in different ways, and sometimes what comes from it can be really unique.

But technically, it's a nonegoic state that produces novel ideas.

I think the more interesting question is, how is uniqueness valuable or important for anything?

3 hours ago, YaNanNallari said:

I think the more interesting question is, how is uniqueness valuable or important for anything?

It is very important for the ego.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them