King Merk

Leo's Example Of Life Purpose & Mastery

11 posts in this topic

It's been 10 years since the first Actualized.org YouTube video. I found it inspiring to watch.

You've come a long way Leo.

"Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in 10 years"

Edited by King Merk

The game of survival cannot be won. 

Man that quote is amazing! It's amazing what we can achieve by leveraging time and compounding properties. 

On 10/09/2022 at 7:03 AM, Danioover9000 said:

It's an exception to the rule though, despite how inspiring that is.

I’m not following what you mean by this. Would you mind elaborating? 

I like how in the first minute of his first video, he used the word consciousness  (even though in a bit of a different context :D). As if already here everything was somehow planned :)

Wow ! Nice find, I've never seen this one

It is as if he already knew this was going to be successful. The confidence and the typical Leo cockiness are all there. So fascinating to see the gigantic progress, thanks for sharing. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@King Merk

On 9/14/2022 at 2:25 AM, King Merk said:

I’m not following what you mean by this. Would you mind elaborating? 

What I meant, is that very few people are hard wired and built for specific things. Heard of the 9 types of intelligence? Some people have very hyper realistic photographic memory, that 90% or so of the population can't ever match. Some are musically gifted, think Eminem, and how many Eminem-like rappers are out there? Few that could match his skill and cadence and flows and other musical abilities. Some are physically gifted to become top 5-1% of the fastest or strongest of human beings, like Bruce Lee or other old school strong men, those that bend steel bars or do ridiculous feats of strength.

I've said that out of context of the video talking about Leo and mastery. I'm addressing the top elite performing human beings, not the general population. But we could put Leo into that catagory, and say that he has a very high degree of intrapersonal and philosophical intelligence, that the majority just don't have as a default.

However, this doesn't mean I discourage you and other users from mastery and deliberate practice and all that. I'm training and practicing my craft as well, I'm just saying that there are freaks of nature out there, that the general population can never emulate to. Nikola Tesla, and Leonardo Da Vinci, are amazing human beings that could visualize to hyper realistic details, that I have to be honest, as much as my visualization is strong and vivid, can't hold every part of a machine or a mental or visual memory I can draw from.

@Danioover9000 ahhh I see what you’re saying now.

Yes it’s an interesting mix between (for lack of better terms) talent and skill.

There are certain abilities/talents one is inclined towards and naturally strong in. Yet everyone can develop themselves and improve the technical skills they have.

I’ve experienced this personally with kinesthetic intelligence. The connection I naturally have with the physical body is much deeper than most. I never realized  that until I became a personal trainer and starter to help others connect to their body as well. And I saw it in my clients how some just “get it” easily and other it’s takes long hours of practice to tap into. 

On 9/17/2022 at 2:27 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@King Merk

I've said that out of context of the video talking about Leo and mastery. I'm addressing the top elite performing human beings, not the general population. But we could put Leo into that catagory, and say that he has a very high degree of intrapersonal and philosophical intelligence, that the majority just don't have as a default.

However, this doesn't mean I discourage you and other users from mastery and deliberate practice and all that. I'm training and practicing my craft as well, I'm just saying that there are freaks of nature out there, that the general population can never emulate to. Nikola Tesla, and Leonardo Da Vinci, are amazing human beings that could visualize to hyper realistic details, that I have to be honest, as much as my visualization is strong and vivid, can't hold every part of a machine or a mental or visual memory I can draw from.

You have to pick a domain of mastery that aligns with your passion and your strengths.

You don't just try to master something randomly.

You can't master any random field, but you can master a handful that suit your strengths and passions. The trick is finding that perfect fit. Which is what my Life Purpose Course is about.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

“So, what personal development topics are there to talk about? - Leo Gura

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"