Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

My musical hero accused of sexual misconduct

10 posts in this topic

Still processing. It seems everyone is capable of sexual misconduct. I’m working on improving my life.

I had a dream of being a musician but, that’s since faded. Now, this is the knife in the coffin for me. I lay in bed yesterday after work. Trying to figure out why I am living my life. 

Even my hero’s are capable of these things. Feeling a bit hurt, and confused. I don’t really feel safe in society. I can’t ground myself in anything. Other than, working on my life and trying to be well and happy and working in my own principles. 

Though I am working on my life everyday and working to honour my life, I also feel increasingly “Done” with life and human society. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

What does this have to do with creating music?

If you love creating music you shouldn't care what musician raped whom.

Focus on the craft of creating art, not petty human bullshit.

You don't need a hero, focus on the joy of your craft.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Currently ordering tones of books on logic, finance, Qigong, data science, business, sales and marketing. 

Everyone and everything I’ve ever loved has let me down. Yet, I will meet this day with love in my heart.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

People are people at the end of the day, most men who have celebrity or status will leverage it to get success with women and will come off uncalibrated to a degree, look up any celebrity on google and type in "scandal" and see what comes up.

When it comes to artists of any domain focus on their work, you dont know them in real life, everything you think you know about that person is projection.

@Thought Art

7 hours ago, Thought Art said:

Still processing. It seems everyone is capable of sexual misconduct. I’m working on improving my life.

I had a dream of being a musician but, that’s since faded. Now, this is the knife in the coffin for me. I lay in bed yesterday after work. Trying to figure out why I am living my life. 

Even my hero’s are capable of these things. Feeling a bit hurt, and confused. I don’t really feel safe in society. I can’t ground myself in anything. Other than, working on my life and trying to be well and happy and working in my own principles. 

Though I am working on my life everyday and working to honour my life, I also feel increasingly “Done” with life and human society. 

I can understand and empathize where you're coming from because of my development in stages, cognition, morality, personality type, state of being, life experiences and other lines of development. My role modals in the past were accused, falsely or not, for evil acts, for example with Michael Jackson and Eminem, and others outside the music context.

However, I have good news: this is a temporary phase to go through, and you'll emerge from this a much stronger person, who'll make very creative music for thousands of listeners that're interested in your music.

@Danioover9000 Yeah, I just have carried so much fear and this band has inspired me so much. I hope the band survives this as well. I have a lot of respect for Win Butler. I know he is more than his mistakes. Same with Michael and all humans for that matter…

◭"89"

@Raze @Raze hmm, that’s true

Sounds more like the power dynamic, poor sense of boundaries etc 

People who got hurt 

◭"89"

Hmm the band is still doing there world tour. 

radio stations in Canada are stopping playing them 

interesting to follow what happens… something tells me they will ride the storm. 

◭"89"

you can be a highly talented artist and not be a saint right? in fact, artists tend to be quite unbalanced and with very suffering egos. artists need external recognition to feel good, they are addicted to it. They are hysterical divas. Even Michelangelo was. Perhaps Leonardo da Vinci was not, but he was more of an engineer and a scientist. He was an artist only as a hobby, but it is clear that the guy had a talent for everything. but a musician of a group today? what did you expect? They are all narcissistic egomaniacs who feed on success. sicker than anyone