Razard86

The different archetypes of ego

15 posts in this topic

The Saint= Avoids all forms of immorality. Upholds the highest moralist virtues. Preaches eternal damnation and suffering for those who do not follow their example. Shadow= Cannot tolerate any forms of immorality done in their presence, the occults.

Seeker of Truth= An investigator, a spiritual scientist, a metaphysical explorer, one who seeks the deepest understandings of the foundation of the universe/reality and all that entails. Shadow= The ordinary, the mundane, the non-spiritual, deception, lies, victim-blaming, lack of self-reflection, shallowness.

The life of the party= The one who always knows how to raise the energy to rock star extrovert levels, can crack a joke, lead a discussion, and overall keep the energy going for the group all night long. Shadow= obscurity, alone, ignored, looked over/passed over, lack of importance or prestige,

The scholar= Has studied the deepest philosophical and scientific truths, theorems, and is on the edge constantly of every major scientific endeavor. Shadow= Mysticism, New Age Spirituality, Hippie culture, religion, counter culture, the occults.

The coward= Extremely shy, pessimistic, fearful, already defeated before the battle/struggle. Shadow= The Brave and the Bold, The optimist, the faith believer, the wing it guy, the it will all work out with no explanation guy.

The moralist/serious one= Believes there is a right or wrong way to do things. Believes in logic, order, and is almost mechanical in the way they view life. Shadow= jokes, playing around, disorganization, meaninglessness.

The warrior= Love the next challenge, seeks to test their skills at every increasing levels, revels in their accomplishments and victories. Shadow= cowardice, loss of control, weakness, victims/victim mentality, emotional expressions of love or fear.

The doubter= Thinks everything is fake, because ultimately they view themselves as fake. Struggles to find any truth or meaning in everything. The brother of nihilism. Shadow= Meaning, authenticity, truth, love, purpose, fun, joy.

The nihilist= The world, everything is meaningless in a depressive spiral of nothingness towards an endless void of triviality and depravity. Shadow= Love, meaning, inspiration, Joy, Bliss, interconnectedness, Oneness.

Add more if you can think of some.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

37 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

The Saint= Avoids all forms of immorality. Upholds the highest moralist virtues. Preaches eternal damnation and suffering for those who do not follow their example. Shadow= Cannot tolerate any forms of immorality done in their presence, the occults.

Seeker of Truth= An investigator, a spiritual scientist, a metaphysical explorer, one who seeks the deepest understandings of the foundation of the universe/reality and all that entails. Shadow= The ordinary, the mundane, the non-spiritual, deception, lies, victim-blaming, lack of self-reflection, shallowness.

The life of the party= The one who always knows how to raise the energy to rock star extrovert levels, can crack a joke, lead a discussion, and overall keep the energy going for the group all night long. Shadow= obscurity, alone, ignored, looked over/passed over, lack of importance or prestige,

The scholar= Has studied the deepest philosophical and scientific truths, theorems, and is on the edge constantly of every major scientific endeavor. Shadow= Mysticism, New Age Spirituality, Hippie culture, religion, counter culture, the occults.

The coward= Extremely shy, pessimistic, fearful, already defeated before the battle/struggle. Shadow= The Brave and the Bold, The optimist, the faith believer, the wing it guy, the it will all work out with no explanation guy.

The moralist/serious one= Believes there is a right or wrong way to do things. Believes in logic, order, and is almost mechanical in the way they view life. Shadow= jokes, playing around, disorganization, meaninglessness.

The warrior= Love the next challenge, seeks to test their skills at every increasing levels, revels in their accomplishments and victories. Shadow= cowardice, loss of control, weakness, victims/victim mentality, emotional expressions of love or fear.

The doubter= Thinks everything is fake, because ultimately they view themselves as fake. Struggles to find any truth or meaning in everything. The brother of nihilism. Shadow= Meaning, authenticity, truth, love, purpose, fun, joy.

The nihilist= The world, everything is meaningless in a depressive spiral of nothingness towards an endless void of triviality and depravity. Shadow= Love, meaning, inspiration, Joy, Bliss, interconnectedness, Oneness.

Add more if you can think of some.

well done, super list

all these have to indeed be transcended

your posts are super informative, thanks for everything you share here

i found all the titles beginning with p (which cement in place one's conditioning) also need transcending

parent

preacher/priest

politician

psychologist

professor

pundit

etc.

if you are these ... all these help keep you stuck

42 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

i found all the titles beginning with p (which cement in place one's conditioning) also need transcending

parent

preacher/priest

politician

psychologist

professor

pundit

etc.

if you are these ... all these help keep you stuck

Maybe don't transcend psychiatry. Transcend that when you're dead.

Anti-medicine stances lead to unnecessary suffering. Fuck life without my Zoloft...

What is the point of this broad stroke stereotyping? All that is being done is piling up various traits into different groups then labeling them as one 'archetype'.

To be clear, empowering the ego with defined identity in an attempt at spirituality is like building a wall to get to the other side of it...if there was no wall, there would be no other side to get to.

Awakening in awareness is increasing a knowing but this isn't the same as accumulating knowledge since awakening is expanding awareness beyond any understanding the mind seeks.

...and no, one doesn't need to understand the self to transcend the self unless one has the limiting belief that 'self inquiry' is to gain knowledge of self which is merely ego seeking more attention.

Genuine awakening is not overcoming self after identifying it, it's transcending self by realizing it's absence and so it is bringing awareness of simply being to fulfillment in experience.

But one can do whatever they want...I'm just pointing at it.

37 minutes ago, SOUL said:

What is the point of this broad stroke stereotyping? All that is being done is piling up various traits into different groups then labeling them as one 'archetype'.

To be clear, empowering the ego with defined identity in an attempt at spirituality is like building a wall to get to the other side of it...if there was no wall, there would be no other side to get to.

Awakening in awareness is increasing a knowing but this isn't the same as accumulating knowledge since awakening is expanding awareness beyond any understanding the mind seeks.

...and no, one doesn't need to understand the self to transcend the self unless one has the limiting belief that 'self inquiry' is to gain knowledge of self which is merely ego seeking more attention.

Genuine awakening is not overcoming self after identifying it, it's transcending self by realizing it's absence and so it is bringing awareness of simply being to fulfillment in experience.

But one can do whatever they want...I'm just pointing at it.

There are two paths to infinity. There is the no self path, or the all self path. The belief that there is no self or ego is another illusion.

God is the manifestation of infinity selves, infinity selves= no self. So you can reach infinity through either no identification, or identification with all.

When you identify with all you experience Universal Love. When you detach from all identification you experience nothingness the No-Self. Both are the same. 

Most who follow the traditional Buddhist path have a bias against love awakenings.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Maybe don't transcend psychiatry. Transcend that when you're dead.

Anti-medicine stances lead to unnecessary suffering. Fuck life without my Zoloft...

Maybe, then again there are anti-psychiatric psychiatrists like R.D. Laing.

4 hours ago, Razard86 said:

There are two paths to infinity. There is the no self path, or the all self path. The belief that there is no self or ego is another illusion.

God is the manifestation of infinity selves, infinity selves= no self. So you can reach infinity through either no identification, or identification with all.

When you identify with all you experience Universal Love. When you detach from all identification you experience nothingness the No-Self. Both are the same. 

Most who follow the traditional Buddhist path have a bias against love awakenings.

Did you really just say there are two path to infinity? Um...if there are 'paths' to infinity there are infinite paths to it...and the paths are part of infinity...and even before a path there's still infinity so not sure why you think in such limited ways.

I can understand why you are projecting some conceptualization onto my words that wasn't put there by me since you are on this forum and likely in other 'spiritual' communities so it's molding your own conceptualization in ways that you may not be aware of.

You would be surprised how much conceptual priming that goes on subconsciously and how many ideas and beliefs one may have that come from others. Not to mention those conceptions guide the perceptions one would have in their mystical experience to form an ideology about it.

I grew in awakening outside of these communities so wasn't seeded with preconceived concepts. My direct experience doesn't reflect the typical mystical perceptions that are found within these communities although there is no way for you to know this unless I told you.

It's also difficult because we are using language that for all it's diversity it's still pretty limited in how we use it. So it's not uncommon that one would transfer ideas about those words from previous discourse onto the current conversation without being aware of it.

I don't fall into the all self or no self duality you seem to have described, those are extreme poles whereas I perceive a spectrum of self that includes the all and no self poles but infinite degrees of self and no self. Infinite degrees of no self one might ask? Yep.

But to get back to the comment I made in my initial reply was I don't see the point in the exercise of compiling so many diverse traits into ego 'archetypes'. Sure, we can see how some traits lump together because of the commonalities about them but we are all unique snowflakes...haha.

I don't see how personifying an archetype helps to transcend those traits if they are a stumbling block to the cessation of self suffering for someone. Like I previously expressed it empowers identification with them allowing the ego to create more separation through them.

The least amount of paradigm one constructs in the mind around our experience in mystical and in the manifest the simpler it is to transcend the limiting beliefs and obstructing conceptualizations which frees up awareness of being that is the experience of liberation.

So maybe you can explain to me how personifying these archetypes helps you to cease self suffering so realize liberation.

the other good one that is a stumbling block is

victim

all of us bring out the victim card at some time or other, why is the world forever bating me hounding me persecuting me

some who know not better attach to this mentality for their whole life

the opposite archetype is perpetrator ... which is often used as a judgemental label by those who profess to be the victim

osho mentions you will be a victim in this life as karmic consequence of being a victor (perpetrator) in previous life, you are paying for your past sinful cruelty ... of course if you see this message you can terminate the insanity right now

Edited by gettoefl

On 8/20/2022 at 8:35 PM, SOUL said:

Did you really just say there are two path to infinity? Um...if there are 'paths' to infinity there are infinite paths to it...and the paths are part of infinity...and even before a path there's still infinity so not sure why you think in such limited ways.

I can understand why you are projecting some conceptualization onto my words that wasn't put there by me since you are on this forum and likely in other 'spiritual' communities so it's molding your own conceptualization in ways that you may not be aware of.

How do you talk about projection? And then you just make a bunch of assumptions which is literally what projection is? What spiritual communities am I a part of? 

On 8/21/2022 at 5:18 AM, gettoefl said:

the other good one that is a stumbling block is

victim

all of us bring out the victim card at some time or other, why is the world forever bating me hounding me persecuting me

some who know not better attach to this mentality for their whole life

the opposite archetype is perpetrator ... which is often used as a judgemental label by those who profess to be the victim

osho mentions you will be a victim in this life as karmic consequence of being a victor (perpetrator) in previous life, you are paying for your past sinful cruelty ... of course if you see this message you can terminate the insanity right now

Exactly great post. I hope nobody turns it into a drinking game how many times they see this happen.

On 8/23/2022 at 3:25 PM, Razard86 said:

How do you talk about projection? And then you just make a bunch of assumptions which is literally what projection is? What spiritual communities am I a part of? 

I said "likely", it shouldn't be such a difficult thing to just say, 'nope, this is the only one' if that genuinely is the case. Very few people are a part of only one spiritual community, it's was an assertion made of the basis of the odds, on probabilities...hence 'likely'.

If one assertion as simple as that can disturb your peace then you have alot of self suffering ego churning in your mind. Maybe you can label it and assign it an archetype to make your 'self' feel better about it's 'self'.

Interesting how you chopped off the most of my reply and conveniently avoided replying to the genuine query I made so I will repost it for you to consider: "So maybe you can explain to me how personifying these archetypes helps you to cease self suffering so realize liberation."

I don't even expect a reply, I just hope it can inspire some contemplation about it within you so that maybe at some point you may find value in the cessation of self suffering, maybe you can find peace in liberation.

Peace.

8 hours ago, SOUL said:

I said "likely", it shouldn't be such a difficult thing to just say, 'nope, this is the only one' if that genuinely is the case. Very few people are a part of only one spiritual community, it's was an assertion made of the basis of the odds, on probabilities...hence 'likely'.

If one assertion as simple as that can disturb your peace then you have alot of self suffering ego churning in your mind. Maybe you can label it and assign it an archetype to make your 'self' feel better about it's 'self'.

Interesting how you chopped off the most of my reply and conveniently avoided replying to the genuine query I made so I will repost it for you to consider: "So maybe you can explain to me how personifying these archetypes helps you to cease self suffering so realize liberation."

I don't even expect a reply, I just hope it can inspire some contemplation about it within you so that maybe at some point you may find value in the cessation of self suffering, maybe you can find peace in liberation.

Peace.

You are overly logical, its like talking to a computer. Also you are projecting again....find peace? My gosh man you are full of so much projections. 

Also don't expect a reply? Why should I expect a reply? Should I be waiting earnestly for one? You reveal a lot in the things you say. You give away a lot about yourself. I just learned a ton. Thanks for the information.

Oh and one last thing....you can't rationalize the premise that I'm part of another spiritual community the odds this is the ONLY spiritual community I am part of are literally equal to me being apart of another. Unless you can show some information regarding a prior post I had that may allude to this not being the case, then you are just projecting/assuming without any valid information that could point to this. 

You are very stuck in your head.... but thanks for your reply anyway lol. 

Edited by Razard86

I would like to call the list random stages of the ego rather than archetypes. And to the stages are levels. So it can easily turn into a merry-go-round between the different stages depending on what level of them you have fully gone through. To be a level one skeptic would be as night and day in comparison with a level 10 skeptic for example. And a level 10 warrior could shift into a level 1 coward if the warrior run into a battle that is way beyond their current level, etc etc. In other words cyclical maturing processes, rather than fixed archetypes.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

9 hours ago, Razard86 said:

You are overly logical, its like talking to a computer. Also you are projecting again....find peace? My gosh man you are full of so much projections. 

Also don't expect a reply? Why should I expect a reply? Should I be waiting earnestly for one? You reveal a lot in the things you say. You give away a lot about yourself. I just learned a ton. Thanks for the information.

Oh and one last thing....you can't rationalize the premise that I'm part of another spiritual community the odds this is the ONLY spiritual community I am part of are literally equal to me being apart of another. Unless you can show some information regarding a prior post I had that may allude to this not being the case, then you are just projecting/assuming without any valid information that could point to this. 

You are very stuck in your head.... but thanks for your reply anyway lol. 

One little comment has you twisting and turning, you haven't learned anything about me and I'm not even sure you have learned anything from your own self. You keep projecting all this stuff onto me, reading stuff into my words that isn't there, while simultaneously accusing me of projection. It's the ego in your own mind trying to justify itself, you don't have to believe it, though.

All of this to avoid answering a straight forward question? You could simply say something like that you don't care about the cessation of self suffering and only care about actualizing ego or whatever it is you genuinely believe, it's not that difficult. I'm not saying that's what you think, it's a hypothetical reply as an example so don't get disturbed about that either.

I do have some insight into the acceptance and coexistent with ego while in liberation but you may not be willing to hear it from me at this point. I'd still like to hear your thoughts about it, I'm genuinely curious: "explain to me how personifying these archetypes helps you to cease self suffering so realize liberation."