Razard86

Why the Ego is a mirror of reality

16 posts in this topic

Their is no difference between the ego and reality. The ego is a happening. It constantly is taking in data, and making connections and constructing a narrative. It does this in every single moment non stop. The same way your heart beats without your input, the same way cells divide without your input, your ego is constantly taking in data and constructing it.

If you want to understand how reality functions pay attention to how the ego functions. Even though the ego is just operating without any awareness input from you as a finite being, is it random? NO! It is intelligent, and it constructs a will and a purpose and meaning. Reality functions the same way on a larger scale. It just happens, but it is intelligent and it constructs a will. Its not random, its intelligent. The ego is no more an illusion than reality, this is why it is so hard for many to disconnect from the ego because the ego IS reality. To disconnect from ego, is to disconnect from reality. The ego is the mirror of reality. 

This is why when you are successfully able to disconnect from ego....reality shatters. The ego and reality are the same.

When you can understand what this means YOU GET IT. If you argue this....then you don't get it.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

54 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

This is why when you are successfully able to disconnect from ego....reality shatters. The ego and reality are the same.

Great insight of the ego but I argue that part. As the ego is disconnected, reality does not shatter, only the narrative of the ego that veils reality deconstructs. what happens is that you are getting into something incredible. First, unlimited emptiness. terribly absence of ego. then in that emptiness something manifests. you see from its unfathomable depths springs the source of existence, pure, sacred. an endless spring of perfect goodness, illogical absence of limits that makes you kneel bathed in tears for the purity that you witness  . then you don't see that anymore, you become it. then the thing becomes inexplicable because it is absolute. you are and you are absolute. there is nothing with which you can contrast yourself. there is nothing outside. there is no outside or inside, it is not two, but neither is it one, since one is in contrast to many. it is absolute and it is power. it is omnipotence , and was too strange 

how is possible that madness that is reality? I don't know, but if you carefully observe the reality of the ego, the conclusion is that it couldn't be otherwise. existence exists. mystery

Edited by Breakingthewall

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

Their is no difference between the ego and reality. The ego is a happening. It constantly is taking in data, and making connections and constructing a narrative. It does this in every single moment non stop. The same way your heart beats without your input, the same way cells divide without your input, your ego is constantly taking in data and constructing it.

If you want to understand how reality functions pay attention to how the ego functions. Even though the ego is just operating without any awareness input from you as a finite being, is it random? NO! It is intelligent, and it constructs a will and a purpose and meaning. Reality functions the same way on a larger scale. It just happens, but it is intelligent and it constructs a will. Its not random, its intelligent. The ego is no more an illusion than reality, this is why it is so hard for many to disconnect from the ego because the ego IS reality. To disconnect from ego, is to disconnect from reality. The ego is the mirror of reality. 

When you can understand what this means YOU GET IT. If you argue this....then you don't get it.

You can get into meditative states, in which there is no identification with anything, yet reality is still there. In my experience, reality never really shatters, it's more like your ideas about it that are shattered.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

The qualitative elements of the ego are really present, such as the thoughts about what we are etc. But no actual entity will be found where the ego likes to suggest it ought to be.

Reality has never needed a self and never had one. Just the same appearances which everything else is.

Jesus, the OP here is so good. Thank you.
Mmmmm infinity. Everything is here. 

They can also be thought of as extremes on a continuum.

Ego <---------------> Reality

The ego is meta-cognitive structures built upon cognitive structures, built upon perceptual structures, built upon consciousness (reality).

The longer you go to the left, the more you want to call it ego. The more you go to the right, the more you want to call it reality. However, "in reality", they're interconnected (non-dual; not-two :P).

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

22 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

They can also be thought of as extremes on a continuum.

Ego <---------------> Reality

The ego is meta-cognitive structures built upon cognitive structures, built upon perceptual structures, built upon consciousness (reality).

The longer you go to the left, the more you want to call it ego. The more you go to the right, the more you want to call it reality. However, "in reality", they're interconnected (non-dual; not-two :P).

I'm glad you get it.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 hours ago, Nilsi said:

You can get into meditative states, in which there is no identification with anything, yet reality is still there. In my experience, reality never really shatters, it's more like your ideas about it that are shattered.

Wrong, reality is literally identity. If you have no identity....there will be nothing. You identify with the memory of what is there, so that is what you SEE. Sight is identity, you identify through all your senses. If you couldn't feel your arm you wouldn't know you had one. If you can't see, touch, taste, smell or feel it doesn't exist. As long as you have a reality...you are still identifying. Its a spectrum. Complete loss of all identification is infinity.  

Edited by Razard86

I feel more and more that the attempt to translate across realms (from experience to language) feels inherently dissatisfying. It doesn't give justice to the experience, and it corrupts the language. On the other hand, when you're working purely within the realm of language (like in philosophy or science), you maintain some sense of stability and coherence with the rules of the game. With non-duality, it feels like you're actively trying to break the rules and almost desecrate them. I feel at some point, if you value the precision of language (certainly of that found in analytic philosophy and science), you sort of have to choose one: will you speak the language of precision and rigor, or will you speak the language of non-speech and metaphor?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I feel more and more that the attempt to translate across realms (from experience to language) feels inherently dissatisfying. It doesn't give justice to the experience, and it corrupts the language. On the other hand, when you're working purely in the realm of language (like in philosophy or science), you maintain some sense of stability and coherence with the rules of the game. With non-duality, it feels like you're actively trying to break the rules and almost desecrate them. I feel at some point, if you value the precision of language (certainly of that found in analytic philosophy and science), you sort of have to choose one: will you speak the language of precision and rigor, or will you speak the language of non-speech and metaphor?

I agree, no argument here.

There isn't a you and then another thing called an ego. 

The ego is you, it's the entire self-construct or sense of self..... it's that which overlays reality with meaning, purpose and value and then operates from that perspective/dream story.

But it's an illusion of identity and it's completely unreal.

"Samadhi is the disentangling from the socially conditioned matrix of mind known as ME" 

- Samadhi (Maya: the illusion of self)

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

3 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

There isn't a you and then another thing called an ego. 

The ego is you, it's the entire self-construct or sense of self..... it's that which overlays reality with meaning, purpose and value and then operates from that perspective/dream story.

But it's an illusion of identity and it's completely unreal.

"Samadhi is the disentangling from the socially conditioned matrix of mind known as ME" 

- Samadhi (Maya: the illusion of self)

❤ 

Its not even an overlay its reality itself. There is no reality without an ego. The voice in your head is the ego. That voice doesn't disappear. It can get quiet, and can speak less but it doesn't disappear as long as you live in Maya. That is the point. They are inextricably linked. If you dissolve the ego, you dissolve reality. 

I really feel like many of you on here are addicted to conflict. You wanna jump in and try to teach when there is nothing to teach. The ego is memory, its identity. If you erase the memory, you erase the identity, if you complete that and I mean entire ego annihilation then there is nothing left. 

Its explained here. 

So stop wasting my time with all these urge to conflict and disagree its getting annoying. Yall just parroting things over and over. If you weren't attached you cannot have a reality. All the teachers say this and I have experienced it. You are only here right now because you are attached. 

2 hours ago, Razard86 said:

The voice in your head is the ego. That voice doesn't disappear. It can get quiet, and can speak less but it doesn't disappear as long as you live in Maya. That is the point. They are inextricably linked. If you dissolve the ego, you dissolve reality. 

Then why does the body still experience a physical reality when there is long periods of amnesia? 

These people don't even remember their names let alone their characteristics and such.... yet they still seem to experience an external reality!

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

There is a conditioned body that turns its head when it's name is called jumps out of the way of a moving truck and prefers coffee over tea but it's empty! 

The sense of self within that body is an illusion Maya

Reality is a complete mystery completely unknowable completely ungraspable simply because the one attempting to grasp it isn't real from the start!

That's Enlightenment, does it sound pretty?...

It's freedom from illusory boundaries!

❤ 

6 hours ago, Razard86 said:

stop wasting my time with all these urge to conflict and disagree its getting annoying. Yall just parroting things over and over. If you weren't attached you cannot have a reality. All the teachers say this and I have experienced it. You are only here right now because you are attached. 

Are you serious? Or maybe i didn't understand you. things don't work like that. the ego is a machine of duality. contrasts you and what is not you. you can collapse the ego at any time, and there is no more you, right. It is the state in which mystics like Ramakrishna live when they spend 4 days drooling in ecstasy. there is no voice of the mind, there is no duality. even I can be in that state if I use drugs, and somehow without. if there is no more duality, what remains is the absolute. the total void that exists, that lives with more intensity than a big bang. The sacred source of life.  you can't call this nothing, maybe you can call it god. It's very strange because we are used to the duality. Always there is a perceptor, a subject, and a object that is perceived. But if there are not two anymore, you are in a different plane. but there is still existence. in fact true existence is this, duality is illusion. nothing new, what they call mystique is nothing more than that, turn off the ego with his small perception and open yourself to the ocean of the existence that you really are

On 8/18/2022 at 10:32 PM, VeganAwake said:

Then why does the body still experience a physical reality when there is long periods of amnesia? 

These people don't even remember their names let alone their characteristics and such.... yet they still seem to experience an external reality!

❤ 

The body is a memory have you not heard of genetic memory? Its called D.N.A. That memory is what constructs your body. You are limiting memory to just some thoughts in your head. I'm saying all memory is wiped away. All of it. Memory is identity. You think it was an accident that God created D.N.A. to explain the differences in animals? You think it was an accident that God created the elemental table to explain differences in chemicals?

God always explains things as being building blocks. Release all attachment of anything. To physical senses, to memory, anything.

Again without an ego you cannot live. Your physical senses are ego, your thoughts are ego, any identity is ego. To identity with something is to KNOW something. How do you KNOW something....you experience it. Your ego is your reflection.

The ego is akin to you looking in the mirror the first time and you say what is that? Then you realize you are looking at yourself and you say oh...that's me. That's my body. The ego is I am human. I am fly. I am bird. I am earth. 

The ego is I am (insert something). Its the I am. God is infinite ego. Which God creates through dreaming. When God doesn't dream God has no ego, and God has no self. But as long as God dreams God has a self. The self is how God experiences it self. It experiences it self through dreams because when it dreams it creates a self and simultaneously experiences it.