Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Questioner

If I am real then you aren't dreaming.

22 posts in this topic

I would like to begin by expressing my desire that this thread delves into the heart of the matter about the nature of the world. I am not here to prove anything but rather am attempting to understand your thought process.

Let's start by making functional definitions of real and imaginary. If my definitions are unsatisfactory please provide your own.

Real - Not imaginary, existing beyond your imagination

Imaginary - Not real, existing only in your imagination

Imagination - The dimension of your experience that doesn't involve your senses.

For example, this forum is real because I can't see it without my eyes, but the tiger I see with my mind's eye is imaginary.

So then I wonder why you think (if you do) that my post is imaginary considering the fact it exists beyond your imagination. I am literally seeing this post that I'm typing as I type it.

Also if I am telling the truth that I am consciously experiencing typing this then why do you consider me to be imaginary and why do you do you think you are dreaming? 

Thank you for your help. 

41 minutes ago, Questioner said:

I would like to begin by expressing my desire that this thread delves into the heart of the matter about the nature of the world. I am not here to prove anything but rather am attempting to understand your thought process.

Let's start by making functional definitions of real and imaginary. If my definitions are unsatisfactory please provide your own.

Imagination - The dimension of your experience that doesn't involve your senses.

For example, this forum is real because I can't see it without my eyes, but the tiger I see with my mind's eye is imaginary.

So then I wonder why you think (if you do) that my post is imaginary considering the fact it exists beyond your imagination. I am literally seeing this post that I'm typing as I type it.

Also if I am telling the truth that I am consciously experiencing typing this then why do you consider me to be imaginary and why do you do you think you are dreaming? 

Thank you for your help. 

If you fall into a deep sleep, you will be able to see in your dream whether you were blind. You don't need eyes to see.

What is real? Let me ask you...what is sight made of? What is touch made of? What is hearing made of? what is pleasure and pain made of? What is emotion made of? Explain that. Here is hint, it is made of the same stuff that a dream is made of. Science couldn't dispute that if it tried. Go ahead and search on google. Science can't even figure out what causes dreams and you think they know what is real or not?

Current science calls awareness emergent phenomena. How is the fundamental nature of reality emergent? Where is it emerging from when everything you experience in life is HOUSED INSIDE IT. You don't want to know the truth, you want to hold onto the illusion.

You have guys with IQ's over 140+ telling you your awareness is emergent phenomena and if you ask them where it is emerging from they are like...I don't know but one day Science will figure it out!!! 

They believe it comes from a brain. But someone could open your head and show you your brain and say look in the mirror. You would SEE your brain. So how can the brain produce something...IT IS INSIDE!!! This is so freaking obvious!!! It makes no sense that this isn't obvious!!!

Now notice this!!! If you were dreaming and woke up from the dream it would make sense because you are like oh that was a dream.....but you don't want to admit....that you are still dreaming right now.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

You can realize for yourself that Reality IS Imagination. Yes, it's a mindfuck.

11 minutes ago, Sincerity said:

You can realize for yourself that Reality IS Imagination. Yes, it's a mindfuck.

Since I'm real you can't be dreaming.

27 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

If you fall into a deep sleep, you will be able to see in your dream whether you were blind. You don't need eyes to see.

What is real? Let me ask you...what is sight made of? What is touch made of? What is hearing made of? what is pleasure and pain made of? What is emotion made of? Explain that. Here is hint, it is made of the same stuff that a dream is made of. Science couldn't dispute that if it tried. Go ahead and search on google. Science can't even figure out what causes dreams and you think they know what is real or not?

Current science calls awareness emergent phenomena. How is the fundamental nature of reality emergent? Where is it emerging from when everything you experience in life is HOUSED INSIDE IT. You don't want to know the truth, you want to hold onto the illusion.

You have guys with IQ's over 140+ telling you your awareness is emergent phenomena and if you ask them where it is emerging from they are like...I don't know but one day Science will figure it out!!! 

They believe it comes from a brain. But someone could open your head and show you your brain and say look in the mirror. You would SEE your brain. So how can the brain produce something...IT IS INSIDE!!! This is so freaking obvious!!! It makes no sense that this isn't obvious!!!

Now notice this!!! If you were dreaming and woke up from the dream it would make sense because you are like oh that was a dream.....but you don't want to admit....that you are still dreaming right now.

How are you dreaming since I'm real?

1 hour ago, Questioner said:

This is where you are going wrong.  Real and imaginary are a duality that collapses.  Imaginary exists no less  then real exists because they're actually identical.   You are conflating imagination with non-existence.  Even non-existence exists as a thought in your mind. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

20 minutes ago, Questioner said:

Since I'm real you can't be dreaming.

When you say "I am", who do you refer to? 

20 minutes ago, Questioner said:

How are you dreaming since I'm real?

Because dreams are real or have you not figured that out yet? A dream in your sleep is no less real than you walking outside and getting hit by a car and being paralyzed from the chest down. Right now you can ask an experienced hypnotizer to hypnotize you and you can get lost in a dream so deep.....you forget your current reality.

https://youtu.be/qc7xAq29J7Y

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

12 minutes ago, Batman said:

When you say "I am", who do you refer to? 

The one who types this.

4 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Because dreams are real or have you not figured that out yet? A dream in your sleep is no less real than you walking outside and getting hit by a car and being paralyzed from the chest down. Right now you can ask an experienced hypnotizer to hypnotize you and you can get lost in a dream so deep.....you forget your current reality.

https://youtu.be/qc7xAq29J7Y

This is where I disagree. The people in your dreams aren't conscious or experiencing anything whereas I am conscious and experiencing so there is a clear difference between dreaming and being awake.

3 minutes ago, Questioner said:

This is where I disagree. The people in your dreams aren't conscious or experiencing anything whereas I am conscious and experiencing so there is a clear difference between dreaming and being awake.

How do you know they are conscious what evidence do you have?

22 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

This is where you are going wrong.  Real and imaginary are a duality that collapses.  Imaginary exists no less  then real exists because they're actually identical.   You are conflating imagination with non-existence.  Even non-existence exists as a thought in your mind. 

I never said imaginary things don't exist I only said they only exist in your imagination such as your idea that I am imaginary.

Just now, Questioner said:

I never said imaginary things don't exist I only said they only exist in your imagination such as your idea that I am imaginary.

You clearly have all the answers so why are you asking us? You got it all figured out!! You are good!!! You claim to know others have awareness...where is your proof? Right now how do you know I am aware? Right now.

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

How do you know they are conscious what evidence do you have?

I didn't claim they are conscious only that I am conscious and thus you are not imagining me.

I didn't claim they are conscious only that I am conscious and thus you are not imagining me.

You are right you are aware that you are conscious good job. Notice how you are running!!! Who cares what I am imagining or not. Let me ask you this....are you imagining me? Answer the question now. Don't run don't hide!!! You claim you want truth. So answer the question....are you imagining me?

8 minutes ago, Questioner said:

But you are creating a duality between real and imaginary.   Why does such a duality need to be there ?   You did because you think real exists "really" and imagination exists only in the mind.  What you fail to comprehend or consider the possibility of is that ALL IS Mind!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Razard86 said:

You are right you are aware that you are conscious good job. Notice how you are running!!! Who cares what I am imagining or not. Let me ask you this....are you imagining me? Answer the question now. Don't run don't hide!!! You claim you want truth. So answer the question....are you imagining me?

I don't know and I have no way of knowing because I have no access to your experience.

I don't know and I have no way of knowing because I have no access to your experience.

FINALLY we are getting somewhere even though you are still running... but I have you cornered .....so investigate that. Is everyone you come across imaginary? Because notice YOU DO NOT have access to their experience. So how do you know.....they aren't imaginary? How would you know?

1 hour ago, Razard86 said:

FINALLY we are getting somewhere even though you are still running... but I have you cornered .....so investigate that. Is everyone you come across imaginary? Because notice YOU DO NOT have access to their experience. So how do you know.....they aren't imaginary? How would you know?

The point is everyone on here claims definitively that everything is imaginary without any evidence. That's no way to proceed. So either everyone on here is delusional or everyone on here is unconscious. But definitively none of the people on here are imagining me because I really exist. In other words all of them are imagining that they are imagining me.

Edited by Questioner

1 hour ago, Inliytened1 said:

But you are creating a duality between real and imaginary.   Why does such a duality need to be there ?   You did because you think real exists "really" and imagination exists only in the mind.  What you fail to comprehend or consider the possibility of is that ALL IS Mind!

Imagine you thought there is a burglar in your house when there really isn't. Don't you need a distinction to know when you are imagining that something exists as opposed to something actually existing.