YogiRoamer

Why would Buddha teach?

5 posts in this topic

If solipsism is true, why would the Buddha bother teaching?

I had realized solipsism in an Ayahuasca ceremony long before I encountered Leo’s content, so this post is not an attack on it.

But hear me out.

If you, the Buddha, is in a dream, and you go through all sorts of ordeals trying all kinds of techniques and finally attain lucidity and realize that you are in a dream, and that you are not only the dreamer but also the dream itself, and that other figures in this dream are just a part of the dream, therefore a part of you.

At this point, why would you bother to teach these dream figures how to become lucid? They are just dream figures.

Here are the possible explanations I can think of:

1. The Buddha didn’t reach high enough realization (I highly doubt this. If someone who goes through so much suffering and efforts in the pursuit of enlightenment still didn’t attain what we could attain via drugs, that’s very discouraging to any serious seekers)

2. Solipsism is not true (This goes against my personal experience. It actually goes against Buddhist teachings too if you look into it. Buddhist teachings are fundamentally solipsistic)

3. Each person is having his own mind stream (solipsism) and the shared Reality is merely an overlapping of these streams. In other words, everyone you see in your life is a figment, but there is a separate reality where he is the main character. The Buddha was preaching to that figment in hope of getting through to the main character behind it. (But doesn’t this go against solipsism which indicates that whatever is going on right now is all these is in the entire universe? If there’s a separate reality where you are not the main character, then that would mean whatever is going on at this moment in your mindscape is not all there is to Reality, therefore inferring that solipsism isn’t fundamental, doesn’t it?)

4. There was never a Buddha. You invented him so you can be pointed to the path and get the fuck out of Samsara

Edited by YogiRoamer

According to absolute solipsism the world is only as old as I am so there never was any Buddha. The world is only 27 years old because I'm the only person in existence with a POV and that's how old I am. I don't know why I designed this hellscape because the Buddha sure as hell was right about something. Life is suffering.

Why share anything? Isn't teaching just sharing?

Edited by Chrisd

You are God dreaming up the entire universe, this means that there is no difference between anything. Everything is your own Mind.

This is your dream, not someone else's dream. 

If you wake up inside the dream of reality, you are free to dream consciously or to stop dreaming entirely, which would be formless Love.

My life purpose is about teaching enlightenment and even though I know directly that there are no others to teach to, I still do it because I enjoy doing it. Tomorrow I might stop teaching because I don't find it interesting anymore and do something else instead, I highly doubt that is going to happen, but there is this possibility. 

If there is no difference between anything, you are completely free to dream whatever dream you want to dream. Life is a present from God to you. The Buddha was God dreaming to be the Buddha.

Why do you think @Leo Gura is still teaching?

In the end, the answer to your question is: why not?

4 hours ago, YogiRoamer said:

The Buddha didn’t reach high enough realization (I highly doubt this. If someone who goes through so much suffering and efforts in the pursuit of enlightenment still didn’t attain what we could attain via drugs, that’s very discouraging to any serious seekers)

Exactly. Someone who goes through so much effort has to tell himself that he has reached the highest realization. that doesn't mean he did. Buddhism is a religion that denies life, whose ultimate goal is to stop living. they do not see the beauty of existing, only: life is dukka. a bit cowardly. life is dukka but it is wonderful. Buddhism does not know God, it does not understand the love that is existence. just living in fear of not being reincarnated as a snake. snakes are wonderful, and buddhists are dumb 

And in my opinion solipsism is false. You as God are one, but you as person are many. But it's a very slippery ground. 

Edited by Breakingthewall