Bird Larry

Is anyone sick of lyrics in music?

92 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Like how severely autistic people can't understand facial expressions

You mean, your auditory agnosia that can't process words . . . and connect them.

5 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Music is there for stimulation/enjoyment, not emotion or anything else unless it's an OST for a film or something.  

Seems like you don't have a very deep connection to music. Therefore you aren't qualified to speak on this topic.

Just now, Tyler Robinson said:

@Carl-Richard I have a suggestion for you. You need to write a song with only two words as lyrics - "Duracell Bunny." :D 

Your song will be at the top of the charts. 

but I'm no Duracell Bunny :P

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

You mean, your auditory agnosia that can't process words . . . and connect them.

And reading comprehension? Everything is coming together xD

@thisintegrated Jking :P

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

but I'm no Duracell Bunny :P

Well you've been showing some high energy in the past few hours. Peak activity. You must be a Norwegian version of it then.

♡✸♡.

Be careful being too demanding in relationships. Relate to the person at the level they are at, not where you need them to be.

You have to get out of the kitchen where Tate's energy exists ~ Tyler Robinson 

4 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Seems like you don't have a very deep connection to music. Therefore you aren't qualified to speak on this topic.

I'm literally a composer and pianist.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

@thisintegrated Jking :P

Give yourself 5 warning points.

5 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

umm, I thought someone like you would be better informed about the condition..

It's not literally just an inability to read facial expressions.  If it were, it would be called face-blindness or something.  Autistic people are, generally, autistic in everything.  In relationships, communication, hobbies, music, posture, walking, running, reading, interpreting, believing, etc. etc.

9 minutes ago, Tyler Robinson said:

Well you've been showing some high energy in the past few hours. Peak activity. You must be a Norwegian version of it then.

Peak energy levels today ;D

3 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Give yourself 5 warning points.

:D

8 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

I'm literally a composer and pianist.

That's like someone from academia claiming to be an authority on the intellect, intelligence, truth, when they are not. This is your "Ni/Te" showing through. If music is unemotional for you, that is saddening and autistic, and you completely miss the point of it.

8 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

That's like someone from academia claiming to be an authority on the intellect, intelligence, truth, when they are not. This is your "Ni/Te" showing through. If music is unemotional for you, that is saddening and autistic, and you completely miss the point of it.

Well is euphoria/awe/fascination an emotion?  That's really all I care to experience from music.

I never pictured you as the type who listens to "a man with a guitar singing sad, emotional love songs" genre of music.

8 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

That's like someone from academia claiming to be an authority on the intellect

I have a university degree in music.  Does that satisfy your Te?

Edited by thisintegrated

1 minute ago, thisintegrated said:

You literally are Destiny in an alternate timeline. Studied music, ENTP, "logic is my God", watches everything at 4x speed, doesn't read :D

5 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

I never pictured you as the type who listens to "a man with a guitar singing sad, emotional love songs" genre of music.

what

6 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

No.

6 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Well is euphoria/awe/fascination an emotion?  That's really all I care to experience from music.

Euphoria / hatred / rage / sadness / happy melancholia / obsessive insanity / divine exultation / subtleties / lovingness / nostalgia / generalized pain / ecstasy and orgasmic merging with reality / desperation / despair / hope / bitterness / laughter / cognizance and understanding / unity / assertion / yes, even, just enjoyment. If you don't understand this clearly there is something messed up in your brain, as if there's an important piece of reality you've never learned before, never cared to learn before.

11 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

what

y'know.. Ed Sheeran type shit.

Anyone who listens to music just for the lyrics and the subtle/INFP emotions always listens to this type of stuff.  I just group them all into the Ed Sheeran camp.  Nothing I hate more tbh, but you can have your preferences.

13 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

You literally are Destiny in an alternate timeline. Studied music, ENTP, "logic is my God", watches everything at 4x speed, doesn't read :D

Who?

I think I've seen a minute of him speak from your links.  He seems like an Orange or something, never seemed worth paying attention to.

2 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

No.

You want me to get a PhD or what?

2 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

Euphoria / hatred / rage / sadness / happy melancholia / obsessive insanity / divine exultation / subtleties / lovingness / nostalgia / generalized pain / ecstasy and orgasmic merging with reality / desperation / despair / hope / bitterness / laughter / cognizance and understanding / unity / assertion / yes, even, just enjoyment. If you don't understand this clearly there is something messed up in your brain, as if there's an important piece of reality you've never learned before, never cared to learn before.

Careful with the assumptions.  

Edited by thisintegrated

4 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Who?

4 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

I think I've seen a minute of him speak from your links.  He seems like an Orange or something, never seemed worth paying attention to.

There is nothing better out there in the same vein.

@thisintegrated Maybe you've listened to a small amount of music. Maybe you've listened to a large amount of one type of music. I don't know. But something isn't working right.

Edited by AtheisticNonduality

3 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@thisintegrated Maybe you've listened to a small amount of music. Maybe you've listened to a large amount of one type of music. I don't know. But something isn't working right.

Ed Sheeran fan confirmed.

Such a shame.

10 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

I think you're mixing up music and art.  They're not the same thing.

If I wanna get high on music, Imma listen to things with a good rhythm, harmony, and drop.

If I don't want to get high, then I'll look for something else.

Music, to me, is all about peak experiences, and about ambience.  If I want something else then that's not a regular thing for me.  I rarely go on the art subreddit to appreciate people's art.  Only really when I'm tripping.  I treat music that's "music as an art form" the same.

Edited by thisintegrated

1 minute ago, thisintegrated said:

Just like a human and God are not the same thing . . . ?

If I don't want to get high, then I'll look for something else.

Hedonism.

You're in a minority, if you claim music has no emotional function. That's entirely the point it for which it exists, whether or not that emotional function is purely pleasurable or brings in an element of negative emotions into it.