Matthew85

Reality being a dream

65 posts in this topic

On 9/8/2022 at 2:24 AM, axiom said:

Waking reality no longer seems to appear real. It seems like a vibrant nothing. All appearances are seen to be on an equal footing, including thoughts and awareness. There is no centre. There is no time. Ego is seen for what it is. All of spirituality, all striving and seeking is seen as an excuse, a clinging. It seems very obvious that life is complete and perfect as it is, and that nothing needs to happen in any particular way.

@axiom Yes, this has been happening to me more recently too. Waking reality often feels more like a dream and I realize there is no external reality, I am only experiencing my mind. Often now physical movement is perceived as an illusion. No different than in our nightly dreams. 

On 9/10/2022 at 6:36 AM, RMQualtrough said:

A lot of the guests on Joe Rogan's podcast seem like bullshit artists tbh.

I've used Salvia a LOT and most of my friends have used it. Someone is in for a serious fright when they expect to go live 6 months as an Aztec warrior and instead the world collapses into a 2D flipbook and they're a tile on a neverending checkerboard being shredded with an ominous overtone that the universe is ending.

Apart from Mike Tyson (who looked at Joe like "wtf" when Joe was claiming he smoked loads of toad and saw cool star shapes) and Hamilton, none of his guests seem to have trips anything even remotely similar to what every other person experiences with it.

You keep putting limits on reality, there is no limit on reality. Let me ask you, why does everyone have different perspectives? Why can two people be in the same room and have completely two different perspectives? You can't even make the D.N.A. argument because Twin studies have been done for YEARS and Identical twins have been shown consistently to become different people even living together for years.

Its because Reality is perception. Its not some fixed thing. Its however you perceive it, which is PROOF you are creating it. So as long as you put limits on reality, which you often do, then that is what will be real for you. If you haven't noticed this, that through your self-bias you create reality a specific way then I don't know what to tell you.

But its funny to me when I give people evidence and they still reject it, in real time it is very interesting. There is a person on the forums who talked about having a dream, where he lived that dream for a long time. He was living on a planet and everything and went to sleep in his dream. That person is a moderator on this forum and said he thought that dream was real until he woke up. You have no idea the types of experiences people have claimed to have, did you read the comment section of that video? Are they b.sing as well? Its very easy for someone to claim what you are saying is B.S. as well.

How do you know what truth is? Truth is whatever you think it is. Have you noticed this? Why is this the case? Why is it so hard for people to agree on anything? Why are people seeming to have separate experiences even though they are in the same room? Think about it.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Leo Gura If everyone is a sovereign God from their viewpoint. Are we each experiencing our own unique waking reality dream? Is every God in their own created universe and is the appearance of a shared or consensus reality an illusion?

Edited by Matthew85

On 2022-08-05 at 9:52 PM, Matthew85 said:

The analogy of a dream is often used when discussing the nature of reality. During lucid dreams I am amazed as I explore my dream landscapes how my mind is creating it and how similar it is to waking reality with all the seeming solidity and physicalness. My body often appears the same and feels physical with the same senses. I had a lucid dream the other night where I was in a movie theater full of people watching a film. Finding myself amazed at how my mind was constructing all of it. It was indistinguishable from a movie theatre in my waking reality. Lucid dreams can be a helpful tool to give us insight into the nature of consciousness and reality. While there are many similarities between the two realties, there are some distinct differences as well. For those of you who have had awakenings into the nature of reality, what distinctions, if any do you make between waking reality and our nightly dreams? Is your perspective that both are a creation of only your mind? 

Emotions can't be escaped in dreams. And that is why I value dreams as more authentic in that sense. People can pretend when awake, but their dreams will usually show them otherwise if something is suppressed. But as soon as you wake up, you have the option to either listen to your dreams, or to devalue any dream as nonsense no matter what. My advice is to befriend your dreams.

If everyone is a sovereign God from their viewpoint, and it works like a dream. Do you feel we are each experiencing our own reality? I work with my dreams often and I can see the narratives of my mind playing out in them. But it's a lot harder to see that in the waking dream. Is it possible the waking dream is a shared dream among Gods or would you say no, it's only my dream?

Is God only ever dreaming a singular dream at one time?