Yen277

Looking For An Accountability Partner

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, 

So I'm 22 (going on to 23 next month) black/asian guy. I just recently moved to live with my significant other in a new country and I'm in the stage of my life where I'm trying to finally become independent and be my own person separate from my parents and the circles that I had surrounded myself with thus far. 

I'm not sure if passionate is the right word but I've always had this fascination with self development. The idea that step by step, I can become the person that I always knew I could be if I just tried hard enough and since this is the start to a fresh new chapter of my life I decide now is the time to lay down the foundations for that person. Upon a lot of introspection I've decided that having a partner to keep me on track with my goals and habits is exactly something I need and I'd love to help a like-minded individual with those of their own.

Whether it's just with another individual or with a small group of people (3-5) and we can work out a schedule to chat and such. That's perfectly fine with me.

Finally, I think a little overlap and familiarity would help with this sort of thing my personal goals would be related to:

• Maintain a schedule for developing my art skill (I'm hoping to become a pro artist)
  • Meditation
  • Habit formation
  • Planning/Time management/Task management
  • Finding ways to settle into my new home
  • etc

So if anyone's interested, I'm looking forward to hearing from you :)

Sounds good. We could be partners if you want. I'm also currently trying to improve my life.

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

@eskwire Want to start a group chat with us 3? On this forum that is

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

This is really a great thread. Good for all of you. Just acknowledging you have room for improvement and want to start is 99%! Godspeed everyone. 

Here's an admittedly unsolicited tip that took me a very long time to figure out, even though it probably sounds simple....

Excercise then meditate first thing in the morning. Get up whenever you need to. Will power is highest in the morning and fades through the day. The brain makes adrenaline and cortisol (stress and anxiety chemicals) at night. 50 minutes of cardio burns it all up, so when stress triggers occur in your day, you see them and notice that you are no longer having a stress reaction at all. 

Run for 50 minutes. This is a magic number because your brain and body chemistry changes dramatically, pumping the euphoric chemical cocktail through your brain and body. Meditate right after the 50 minutes so you experience the awesomeness going on in your brain and body more. I have found that this combo, every morning, raises my probability of doing things I want to get done, or creating things, or writing songs, by around a trillion billion. After sometime of this, you won't be able to remember what it was like when you were living less consciously and not doing everything you want, and not perceiving that you were creating your life. 

The only drawback is that you will have to hear people talk about "getting old" etc, blaming their alements on age. You will have to keep quiet knowing it  is not an age problem they have, but a fitness of the body and mind problem they have. Some 87 year olds run marathons. Some 20 year olds are in the hospital due to their weight. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Yen277 if you need someone else, count me in too. Personal development is the single biggest thing in my life, and is something I take very seriously. 

I'm definitely interested in this too since I've just recently realized how important it is to hold yourself accountable especially when forming new habits.

I'd love to join an accountability group as well. Meditation and creative writing every morning is my goal. 

How would we hold each other accountable? Are there any consequences if any one of us don't adhere to our goal?

Forgive my Newbness, what's a slack?

Also, I don't remember where I saw this, but it's a fantastic idea I've used for many things in terms of accountability. Make a deal with yourself (or with someone else) that if you don't do the specific thing you want to do (meditate, journal, exercise, etc.) You'll give some money to a charity that you absolutely HATE. After one or 2 times of missing and having to give money to something you completely abhor, you'll quickly change the behavior. Worked for me :) 

Using this forum to create Actualized chatrooms which take place outside this forum is against community guidelines, as it splinters the community. Any members doing so will be banned.

Keep your discussions on this forum.

If you want to create an accountability partner thread within a relevant sub-forum here, you can do that.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

-

Edited by eskwire

nothing is anything

_

Screenshot_2017-02-16-19-58-04.png

Edited by eskwire

nothing is anything