Shane597

Logic Courses

11 posts in this topic

What do you guys think of logic courses. From what I have research they seem to limit diversity of views? 

What logic courses. 

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

They are arguments based on math if p =q then q must be true. It seems pretty limited to me. I ran into an egistical guy at the library saying I am brainwashed because I am going to a university and universities are not teaching anything important. He said that I need to study logic and maybe take a course on logic. I think he is completely wrong but what do you guys think?

Well you can study logic by buying a few elementary books on it. I don't think a course would be required. But what that guy said is partially true. Universities can be a huge waste of time. But we need degrees too. You will need to focus on developing actual skills required in the workplace. E.g. communication skills, basic computational and software skills, presentation skills. You also need to have some connections that can help you get a push-up in your career. Just visiting libraries and attending classes won't be enough. You will have to see how the world works beyond the boundaries of school, college campuses etc. And knowledge about the world will help in your career,job, relationships, pretty much everything. Focus on communicating with lot more people around you. All life revolves around practical logic. Finally it all comes down to what you can do today to make your life better tomorrow. Spiritual knowledge and growth will help you in developing the 'inner you' but it won't bring food on the table. So you will need to think how life works!!  

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Shane Roberts by posting this question in the dating section, are you giving off the hint that you think intimate relationships need more logic in them? Because I totally agree ;)

Well, I do agree that their should be logic in realationships, but I did not mean to post this subject here. The actual skills in the work place are what I am currently working on. I have a job as a direct care provider for people with disabilities and I constantly trying to educate my self on subjects that universities don't cover. I am not in school this semester because I know work skills are important too and I need to get out of debt. What I was trying to get at was he was not looking at the big picture, he was using a limited view point and not seeing mine.

Edited by Shane Roberts

4 hours ago, electroBeam said:

@Shane Roberts by posting this question in the dating section, are you giving off the hint that you think intimate relationships need more logic in them? Because I totally agree ;)

Or maybe that "logistics" are essentials... ;)

I have a tendancy to not say what I actually mean sometimes. 

On 2/9/2017 at 8:22 AM, Shane Roberts said:

They are arguments based on math if p =q then q must be true. It seems pretty limited to me. I ran into an egistical guy at the library saying I am brainwashed because I am going to a university and universities are not teaching anything important. He said that I need to study logic and maybe take a course on logic. I think he is completely wrong but what do you guys think?

sounds like an Athene follower :ph34r:

he defines logic as the consistent patters of reality

but really studying the logic you're talking about doesn't really translate to real life situation.

Why would you study logic do you have a hard time understanding logic? You can't think illogically really

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

No, I think that guy is just egotistical. Though he may have some truth to give, he is also very close minded. 

The best course in logic is this:

Be as honest as you have ever been, and state to yourself what you want. 

Now take a look at what you are at now, relative to what you want.

Spend your time on this. It's what you want. Figure that out. Research, meditate, excercise, apply logic. YouTube for people who want what you want and already got it. 

Reprogram yourself to think positively about the thing or event or state you want. This is very simple to do. Just make positive phrases and start repeating them, that's all you did with the negative phrases. It is the same.

It is only the resistance or negative feeling thoughts that are keeping you from it.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE