Someone here

Consciousness is NOT localised inside the body-it's everywhere

32 posts in this topic

@Someone here hello again.  I've been contemplating since early age.  I remembered myself at age 5...then it faded.   I also was a materialist in college as a psych major and I was really interested in brain, cognition..etc.  Ive had some groundbreaking amazing awakenings culminating in God Realization.  Like you Leo's solipsism video was a reaffirmation of sorts.

So then why during anesthesia or deep sleep is there a complete lack of consciousness? Just emptiness exactly like before birth!

In a hospital while that body is under anesthesia, there could be a camera recording all the other bodies in the room doing things consciously while that body is completely unaware of anything happening at all.... and when that body regains consciousness there is no clue of what happened during that period.

❤ 

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

9 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

So then why during anesthesia or deep sleep is there a complete lack of consciousness? Just emptiness exactly like before birth!

In a hospital while that body is under anesthesia, there could be a camera recording all the other bodies in the room doing things consciously while that body is completely unaware of anything happening at all.... and when that body regains consciousness there is no clue of what happened during that period.

❤ 

bro what's up? 

Ofcourse we can't be sure.. Don't be silly..... But Think of it this way..

The brain can't be generating your experience.. What you call "the brain" is itself an experience.. You can't say that this" piece of meat" is what is causing experience because that piece of meat IS an experience. 

Ponder this.... What should be generating the experience from outside can't be an experience . It becomes strange loop. The brain which is an appearance in consciousness generated consciousness which is itself!!!!  In both cases there is a mysterious fucking thing there that was generated by nothing.  

Nothing found inside of your experience can be the cause of your experience from outside. Just like if you are playing a video game... The cause of the entire video game world which is the PS device can't be found inside the video game world. 

It's like looking at your own body with a microscope.. Sure you will find some cells and atoms in there.. But those themselves are phenomenon within your experience aka consciousness.. You can't say that atoms or brains are generating consciousness.. Because atoms and brains ARE consciousness.  U dig that lol? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

3 hours ago, Someone here said:

bro what's up? 

Ofcourse we can't be sure.. Don't be silly..... But Think of it this way..

The brain can't be generating your experience.. What you call "the brain" is itself an experience.. You can't say that this" piece of meat" is what is causing experience because that piece of meat IS an experience. 

Ponder this.... What should be generating the experience from outside can't be an experience . It becomes strange loop. The brain which is an appearance in consciousness generated consciousness which is itself!!!!  In both cases there is a mysterious fucking thing there that was generated by nothing.  

Nothing found inside of your experience can be the cause of your experience from outside. Just like if you are playing a video game... The cause of the entire video game world which is the PS device can't be found inside the video game world. 

It's like looking at your own body with a microscope.. Sure you will find some cells and atoms in there.. But those themselves are phenomenon within your experience aka consciousness.. You can't say that atoms or brains are generating consciousness.. Because atoms and brains ARE consciousness.  U dig that lol? 

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong or judge or criticize your theories or experiences. 

Just sharing information and perspectives brother.

I definitely wasn't saying that so-called consciousness is strictly generated by the brain either......I'm not even sure what your definition of consciousness is lol.

Another thing I was pondering is that if so-called consciousness isn't somewhat generated to a certain extent within the body then why does there seem to be such a drastic change in experience when psychedelics, drugs or alcohol are consumed by that body?

These are all just things that I would hope someone would bring up if I was really doing the work on understanding the phenomenon of apparent consciousness!

❤ 

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

14 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

❤ 

That's in direct conflict.

Consciousness is present. The person is not.

When all conscious beings are unconscious or don't exist, there is no time or space in actuality. The "tick, tock, tick, tock" time that we think of only exists to a conscious being. Every tick and every tock happens in the present, which is the only moment. And when there is nobody present to tie all the ticks and tocks together in a line, it's instant.

6 billion years preceding life instantaneous with the first conscious being in the universe.

54 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Another thing I was pondering is that if so-called consciousness isn't somewhat generated to a certain extent within the body then why does there seem to be such a drastic change in experience when psychedelics, drugs or alcohol are consumed by that body?

These are all just things that I would hope someone would bring up if I was really doing the work on understanding the phenomenon of apparent consciousness!

Drugs, brains, and qualitative experiences are of the same "stuff". It is all the same "substance" which is reality. Reality is the only thing there is, all must be made from reality for obvious reasons that if it was made of something else, then reality itself would no longer contain everything and you'd need another "thing" to contain those two in unison.

All appearances are mirages, all a "never really was". Only what "always is" is unchanging. The sole unchanging factor in this moment and all to come in this hour is what really is.

Everything about our person and life is a "never really was". You could have total amnesia, awaken in a new life as an infant. And you think you are still there, but the person is discarded like when a movie scene changes. The scene on the screen is an appearance and it can alter. The screen doesn't change. The person is a scene. Reality is the screen. You are reality... Like how you are still here despite your thoughts from earlier having disappeared.

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

I wasn't trying to prove you wrong or judge or criticize your theories or experiences. 

Just sharing information and perspectives brother.

I definitely wasn't saying that so-called consciousness is strictly generated by the brain either......I'm not even sure what your definition of consciousness is lol.

❤ 

The brain is a part of consciousness

So, your question properly rephrased is: "How can we be sure that consciousness is not generated by consciousness?"

And the answer is that consciousness IS generated by consciousness, it's a strange loop. 

In fact, consciousness is the only thing that can generate anything. Consciousness = existence

In other words, consciousness generates itself, or you could also say consciousness is made of nothing.

You can't verify what effects your supposed brain have on you.. By that time you would be dead or in coma.  Forget about your own brain.   You never saw your brain.. You never did.. And you never will.    

Reality is just one seamless whole. Ultimately it doesn't matter if materialism is correct partially about the brain.  But what is hidden in your question is substance-dualism. There is only one fucking substance out of which everything is made. Could it be otherwise?. 

What is substance-dualism?.???

Well That reality is split into two different substances. One is the appearances or phenomenon or consciousness or qualia (this stuff right here)..which is a second order emergence from the essence which is matter. That matter has no phenomenonolgical qualities. It's not conscious yet it gives arise to consciousness. Notice the absurdity? 

Consciousness is simply everything and anything. This is Consciousness. That is consciousness. You are consciousness. The brain is consciousness. Anything you think or possibly doubt in a million years that isn't consciousness IS fucking consciousness... Tada!

And it can't be "defined" because there is nothing which is not consciousness to define consciousness in terms of it. That's why it's a mystery.

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Ramu No, I would say most do not "know" this. Many have memorized words and are parroting. If we really "knew", the dialogue on this platform would look very different. I don't say this to discourage and yet to encourage that we pay more attention to each word we speak and write and ask the questions, how have I come to believe this? and if I am parroting (which is not necessarily "bad") how else can I phrase this? or articulate this? 

@Ramu you're veering from the original point ("I think we all know this already"), why?

Edited by Johnny Galt

11 hours ago, Someone here said:

The brain is a part of consciousness

So, your question properly rephrased is: "How can we be sure that consciousness is not generated by consciousness?"

And the answer is that consciousness IS generated by consciousness, it's a strange loop. 

In fact, consciousness is the only thing that can generate anything. Consciousness = existence

In other words, consciousness generates itself, or you could also say consciousness is made of nothing.

You can't verify what effects your supposed brain have on you.. By that time you would be dead or in coma.  Forget about your own brain.   You never saw your brain.. You never did.. And you never will.    

Reality is just one seamless whole. Ultimately it doesn't matter if materialism is correct partially about the brain.  But what is hidden in your question is substance-dualism. There is only one fucking substance out of which everything is made. Could it be otherwise?. 

What is substance-dualism?.???

Well That reality is split into two different substances. One is the appearances or phenomenon or consciousness or qualia (this stuff right here)..which is a second order emergence from the essence which is matter. That matter has no phenomenonolgical qualities. It's not conscious yet it gives arise to consciousness. Notice the absurdity? 

Consciousness is simply everything and anything. This is Consciousness. That is consciousness. You are consciousness. The brain is consciousness. Anything you think or possibly doubt in a million years that isn't consciousness IS fucking consciousness... Tada!

And it can't be "defined" because there is nothing which is not consciousness to define consciousness in terms of it. That's why it's a mystery.

Sounds like what 'I' call everything or this, 'you' call consciousness.

Agreed there's not something other than what 'you' call Consciousness or what 'I' call THIS...There is only everything or there is only what seems to be happening!

❤