Hardkill

Progressive congresspeople arrested at abortion rights protest rally

10 posts in this topic

Proud to say that the representative for my district was at that protest and among those which were arrested.

The aging and out of touch leadership of the Democratic Party needs to be challenged, because 'business as usual' isn't going to cut it when US democracy is on the verge of collapse against a rising tide of fascism.

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

AOC was barely detained. In a clip of the event you can see her holding her hands behind her back, pretending to be handcuffed with a smug look on her face. She raises a hand to wave to the crowd at one point, the cop wasnt even restraining her. It was just an intentional photo op. Protests aren't fighting like hell, they almost never accomplish something. It's just pandering to leftist voters.

If they were really arrested and not just let go a block away from the protest, let's see the mugshots and booking paperwork.

Edit: Okay according to news articles she was actually arrested and fined a whopping $50 dollars LOL. (And they took a photo of her with congressional ID at the event in lieu of taking her to the station for a mugshot.)

Edited by Yarco

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

Proud to say that the representative for my district was at that protest and among those which were arrested.

The aging and out of touch leadership of the Democratic Party needs to be challenged, because 'business as usual' isn't going to cut it when US democracy is on the verge of collapse against a rising tide of fascism.

One the other hand I do agree with that. Although, I do wonder if these protests will end up doing anything good over time.

57 minutes ago, Yarco said:

AOC was barely detained. In a clip of the event you can see her holding her hands behind her back, pretending to be handcuffed with a smug look on her face. She raises a hand to wave to the crowd at one point, the cop wasnt even restraining her. It was just an intentional photo op. Protests aren't fighting like hell, they almost never accomplish something. It's just pandering to leftist voters.

If they were really arrested and not just let go a block away from the protest, let's see the mugshots and booking paperwork.

Edit: Okay according to news articles she was actually arrested and fined a whopping $50 dollars LOL. (And they took a photo of her with congressional ID at the event in lieu of taking her to the station for a mugshot.)

Well, yeah she didn't have to pay a really big fine and I don't think she will be going to jail or prison for what she said, but this was an act of civil disobedience, which is technically against the law. However, what progressives like her are doing are fighting against unjust laws.

Then again, maybe you're right about this protest not getting anything done.

13 minutes ago, Bojan V said:

Why were they arrested?

They were arrested for blocking a street during a protest in front of the Supreme Court

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

On 7/21/2022 at 7:59 PM, Yarco said:

they almost never accomplish something. 

Lol you're talking about it. 

They help raise awareness. 

13 hours ago, Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj said:

My body my choice.jpg

Usually progressives believe in freedom if it doesn't hurt other people. 

So you are free to do drugs but you can't steal to pay for them.