Elzhi

The United States Is Doomed...where Do I Move To?

102 posts in this topic

@Emerald Wilkins I'm heading to San Diego and then the Mexico border. It looks like Tillerson is threatening N Korea and has completely thrown out any diplomacy. Dunno if you're gonna stick around but anyways, I wish you the best

50 minutes ago, Elzhi said:

@Emerald Wilkins I'm heading to San Diego and then the Mexico border. It looks like Tillerson is threatening N Korea and has completely thrown out any diplomacy. Dunno if you're gonna stick around but anyways, I wish you the best

Now that it comes to this, it's hard for me to draw the line and leave. But I have to keep it in my mind that now is probably the right time to do so, while the getting is still good. I have to mull it over and discuss it with my husband tonight. Also, Tillerson was criticizing China's support of North Korea, so it seems like the spiritual teacher's predictions are becoming more and more likely to come to fruition. I also live on the Eastern coast about a five minute drive from the beach. So, I have this apprehension that my town, despite the fact that it's a relatively small town, could be a very opportune place for a nuclear strike. It is the oldest city in the nation too. I would feel much better if I lived in a place that didn't feel so close to the sea and felt a little bit more anonymous. Best of luck.  

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

35 minutes ago, I_Like_Thing said:

Are all the Wall Street hedge fund managers idiots?

Idiocy is not that scarce a resource in Wall St. :/

And you are correct @I_Like_Thing , continental USA (specially the east coast) is safe from any of the great leader's nukes.  The worry is that he snaps, and then posts some of his favorite nerve agent to the US in tiny envelopes.

kim-jong-un-cool-guy.jpg

48 minutes ago, I_Like_Thing said:

It is unfortunate to see so many folks spooked like this. If you live in Florida, and I mean no disrespect, there is nothing there anyone wants to nuke ;) The rising oceans are more of a threat to Florida. Or even rogue gators, or snakes people flushed who are now big enough to swallow pets and small children.

Let me explain: North Korea doesn't have nuclear weapons. They really don't. They might have enough fissile material to make a bomb, but their nuke technology is still in the 1950s, so even if they put a a bomb together with old typewriter parts and empty coke cans, it would be the size of the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima. Yes, that bomb did damage, but it weighed so much we needed a B52 to drop it. North Korea does not have Planes to carry it, or the rocket technology to launch a weapon even 1/10th that size. The missiles they have now can barely reach a few dozen miles off their coast before exploding. The Germans in 1942 had rocket technology better than what N. Korea has.

Now say they could stick a warhead on a missile, and say it was accurate (they aren't), their zone of attack would not be Florida. They'd be lucky to reach Hawaii. Lets say they could hit California--they still only have the material for only a couple of bombs, and our satellites would detect the launch within seconds, and we'd have 10ish minutes before impact--9 minutes more than needed for the subs we have off the Korean coast to shoot them down. Even if the subs weren't there, our missile defense system has a 100% success rate at anything under a dozen warheads (think of hundreds of thousands of bullets fired at a single golf ball in the air a mile away. The odds are almost impossible one of those bullets won't hit that golf ball. If you have 1,000 golf balls that is a different story, but they don't have that many to throw at us).

As far as China goes, our nuclear arsenal outnumbers theirs 10 to 1. This would mean they have to pick their targets carefully, and launch many warheads at a single target to overwhelm our missile defense system. This means Florida would be low on the totem pole for "high value" targets. Not to mention we would also detect these nukes being prepared for launch, and many of them the nukes from our subs would neutralize before they even left the ground. The Chinese know this, and they don't want a fight (at least not now. In ten years who knows where their tech will be).

To sum this up: relax, the sky is not yet falling :)

I am incredibly worried, given the nature of the lack of diplomacy displayed by the current U.S. administration, about the potential for North Korea to launch long-range missiles at us as the technology still exists for long-range attacks even if North Korea is currently in the 1950s tech-wise. I see it as a possibility that they could easily call upon more technologically savy and militaristic friend countries (like China) or coerce neighboring countries into providing them with better weapons by threatening to attack them. In North Korea, it is believed that Kim Jung Un is literally a God and he's been raised to believe this of himself. So, he may simply choose to terrorize the U.S. due to some perceived slight or threat to his power. It is a good bit paranoia on my part that he may target sea-side cities, but attacking areas along the border of a nation can be a military tactic that makes sense if the intention is to terrorize and show strength, perhaps even more-so than attacking a handful of large cities that are in disparate areas in the nation.  But it's also paranoia. I don't trust any of this stuff going on, and I hope to have the wisdom to know when it's best to stay and when it's time to go. 

Edited by Emerald Wilkins

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

This is like the same argument i have with climate change deniers. Meanwhile the Great Barrier Reef ecosystem is dying off due to climate change.

People wanna keep acting like the shit that's happening right now isn't scary. They're too complacent. Trump has already beaten the media. He can make up whatever facts he wants and they can't do anything about it. It's so Orwellian it's not even funny.

Meanwhile every other politician will sacrifice our planet and other people's lives just to make an extra buck. This country is done for. Period. There's no conceivable way that the US rebounds from this. Anyways, remember this conversation when you're starving to death and have no drinking water because corporate interests have polluted most of our water supply. 

Trump and Kim Jong Un are CHILDREN. That's the simplest explanation i can give you for why there WI'LL be war. I don't give a fuck about your apocalyptic theories.

@I_Like_Thing a fundamental misunderstanding? Of what? You mean all of a sudden the United States Chief law enforcement officer doesn't have the nuclear launch codes? Or the ability to initiate a war without actually gathering Congressional approval, thereby formally declaring war?

Oh and so these past two months I haven't watched Trump break the law and violate his office while going completely unchecked by congress? So you mean all of a sudden the Republican Party is going to take disciplinary action against even after failing to force him into completely divesting from his business interests? I'm guessing they're probably gonna start calling him out for flagrant, repeated dishonesty, huh?

They're probably not preoccupied with feeding their insatiable greed, right? I mean its not like they de-funded the EPA by a third or anything, right? Its not like they're not repealing all of our environmental regulations or anything. Its not like they're building a pipeline that will undoubtedly leak and destroy our water supply and the incredibly fragile neighbouring ecosystems.

Its not like upsetting that balance will have a domino effect on other wildlife and human beings as well, right? Its not like maintaining  the fragile balance of our ecosystem is essential for perpetuating human life right? Its not like large portions of the Great Barrier Reef didnt just die off within a single year even though these calculated losses werent expected to happen for another 30 years. Its not like corporations are now permitted to dump waste downstream right?

Oh and  congress definitely didn't just recently propose a law that will make it nearly impossible to file a class action lawsuit. I'm pretty sure those poor people will find some way to get justice. Oh and those laws being proposed that make protesting a punishable offense, I must just be imagining those. Its not like Habeus Corpus was repealed under the Obama administration. I mean its not like the President can now all of a sudden throw anyone in jail indefinitely without a trial, right?

I'm sure that Trump will probably stop trying to silence his opposition by discrediting or deporting them eventually. I bet the media will somehow prevent him from creating alternative facts that serve his self interest at some point. It seems like that's been working pretty well. Its not like half of the United States is going to perform endless amounts of mental gymnastics just to defend/deflect/spin any of his questionable actions. Its not like Trump is a pathological liar with a fragile ego and zero integrity. Its not like he can pretty much lie about anything, right?

And here i thought that Trump wasnt being easily manipulated by tabloid gossip, Fox News propaganda, and Steve Bannon. I mean its not like the slightest assualt to his ego could set him off or anything. It seems like he's doing really well at insulting the leaders of our allied nations. That should turn out well.

I mean, I'm sure his own party which has demonstrated that they don't care about his incessant lies and allow him to continue to be president will do something about this at some point. I'm sure. This doesn't look disastrous at all. I'm sure everything will be fine. You got me, I'm just some alarmist l "ibtard" overreacting to the Trump presidency.

1 hour ago, I_Like_Thing said:

Nope. The "launch codes" are in a container that looks like a briefcase which the president doesn't have access to unless certain criteria are met:

In a non-emergency, the agreement of certain members of the House including the Speaker, as well as the Joint Chiefs and the Secretary of Defense.

In an emergency, Strategic Command needs to verify the threat (such as incoming missiles) first, and then authorization goes to National Command Authority which is usually the president (if he's available, if not then VP), the Secretary of Defense, the highest ranking general in the military (usually the Army), and the Speaker of the House. Under no circumstance whatsoever is a president able to unilaterally launch nuclear weapons. Even if both the President and the Secretary of Defense have been compromised there are other safeguards in place (and some not publicized because we want our enemies to believe we can launch a retaliatory strike as close to instantaneously as possible).

I get that you think Trump is unhinged, and I'm inclined to agree, but hyperbole isn't helpful. And if Trump does completely lose his marbles, there is an article in place that allows Congress to temporarily strip the president of power so an assessment can be made of his mental health. This is almost instant.

"Only the President can direct the use of nuclear weapons by U.S. armed forces, including the Single Integrated Operational Plan (SIOP). While the President does have unilateral authority as commander-in-chief to order that nuclear weapons be used for any reason at any time, the actual procedures and technical systems in place for authorizing the execution of a launch order requires a secondary confirmation under a two-man rule, as the President's order is subject to secondary confirmation by the Secretary of Defense. If the Secretary of Defense does not concur, then the President may in his sole discretion fire the Secretary. The Secretary of Defense has legal authority to approve the order, but cannot veto it.[1][2][3]" - quote from Wikipedia

Unfortunately, there is no such process that prevents the president from launching nuclear weapons at his caprice. He just has to get General Matthis to agree. And Matthis was selected by Trump and is very war friendly and even stated that he doesn't rule out war with China. Though, the military officers that actually do the launching have to confirm as well. So, I don't want to alarm you, but we are far less protected than you believe. The president has a lot of power to launch nuclear weapons, even if it's a terrible idea that the House and Senate doesn't want him to, as they have no power to block it other than to plea to Trump, Matthis, or the two code-holding officers. Trust me, it's not my intention to be hyperbolic. But we're swimming in some potentially dangerous waters. 

Emotionalmastery.org

As a final word, I would advise EVERYONE to leave the US ASAP. The world as we know it is coming to an end @E v i L

30 minutes ago, Elzhi said:

As a final word, I would advise EVERYONE to leave the US ASAP. The world as we know it is coming to an end

12 hours ago, Emerald Wilkins said:

Unfortunately, there is no such process that prevents the president from launching nuclear weapons at his caprice.

In case of a nuclear apocalypse leaving US is not going to help.

Those who want enlightenment , don't care about end of the world, don't run, move inside, meditate, live in present moment. How long you can escape death ? Your death is born with you; now you cannot escape it. You have hidden it in yourself – become aware of it. The moment you become aware that you are going to die, that death is certain, your total mind will start looking in a different dimension. 

It happened that a Zen master was invited as a guest. A few friends had gathered and they were eating and talking when suddenly there was an earthquake. The building that they were sitting in was a seven story building, and they were on the seventh story so life was in danger. Everybody tried to escape. The host, running by, looked to see what had happened to the master. He was there with not even a ripple of anxiety on his face.

With closed eyes he was sitting on his chair as he had been sitting before.

The host felt a little guilty, he felt a little cowardly; it does not look good that a guest is sitting there and the host is running away. The others, the other twenty guests, had already gone down the stairs but he stopped himself although he was trembling with fear, and he sat down by the side of the master.

The earthquake came and went, the master opened the eyes and started his conversation which because of the earthquake he had had to stop. He continued again at exactly the same sentence – as if the earthquake had not happened at all.

The host was now in no mood to listen, he was in no mood to understand because his whole being was so troubled and he was so afraid. Even though the earthquake had gone, the fear was still there. He said: Now don’t say anything because I will not be able to grasp it, I’m not myself anymore. The earthquake has disturbed me too much. But there is one question I would like to ask. All other guests had escaped, I was also on the stairs, almost running, when suddenly I remembered you. Seeing you sitting here with closed eyes, sitting so undisturbed, so unperturbed, I felt a little cowardly – I am the host, I should not run. So I came back and I have been sitting by your side. I would like to ask one question. We all tried to escape. What happened to you? What do you say about the earthquake?

The master said:

I also escaped, but you escaped outwardly, I escaped inwardly.

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

In case of a nuclear apocalypse leaving US is not going to help.

Those who want enlightenment , don't care about end of the world, don't run, move inside, meditate, live in present moment. How long you can escape death ? Your death is born with you; now you cannot escape it. You have hidden it in yourself – become aware of it. The moment you become aware that you are going to die, that death is certain, your total mind will start looking in a different dimension. 

It happened that a Zen master was invited as a guest. A few friends had gathered and they were eating and talking when suddenly there was an earthquake. The building that they were sitting in was a seven story building, and they were on the seventh story so life was in danger. Everybody tried to escape. The host, running by, looked to see what had happened to the master. He was there with not even a ripple of anxiety on his face.

With closed eyes he was sitting on his chair as he had been sitting before.

The host felt a little guilty, he felt a little cowardly; it does not look good that a guest is sitting there and the host is running away. The others, the other twenty guests, had already gone down the stairs but he stopped himself although he was trembling with fear, and he sat down by the side of the master.

The earthquake came and went, the master opened the eyes and started his conversation which because of the earthquake he had had to stop. He continued again at exactly the same sentence – as if the earthquake had not happened at all.

The host was now in no mood to listen, he was in no mood to understand because his whole being was so troubled and he was so afraid. Even though the earthquake had gone, the fear was still there. He said: Now don’t say anything because I will not be able to grasp it, I’m not myself anymore. The earthquake has disturbed me too much. But there is one question I would like to ask. All other guests had escaped, I was also on the stairs, almost running, when suddenly I remembered you. Seeing you sitting here with closed eyes, sitting so undisturbed, so unperturbed, I felt a little cowardly – I am the host, I should not run. So I came back and I have been sitting by your side. I would like to ask one question. We all tried to escape. What happened to you? What do you say about the earthquake?

The master said:

I also escaped, but you escaped outwardly, I escaped inwardly.

This passage reminds me of a parable that I heard a while back. I don't remember it perfectly, so I may get it wrong. There were three men of God walking in the forest when they saw a tiger on the path. The first man said, "I am one with the tiger", and continued toward the tiger. The tiger ate him. The second man thought, the tiger got him because he had weak faith. He also continued toward the tiger. The tiger also ate him. The third man of God escaped the tiger, for it was he who was truly wise and recognized God in all things. 

or there is a Christian joke that resembles this parable.

There was a ship wreck in the middle of the ocean. There was only one man who survived, who was floating on an old piece of wood. He prayed to Jesus, "Jesus, please come and save me!" Suddenly there appeared a large ship to save the man. They threw him a life-saver. The man refused. He said, "No thanks. I have faith that Jesus is coming to save me." The ship sailed on. The man prayed once again, "Jesus please come and save me!" Suddenly a helicopter appeared ahead dropping a safety ladder down to the man. The man refused once agains saying, "No thanks. I have faith that Jesus is coming to save me." The helicopter flew onward. He prayed once again. "Jesus, please come and save me." A man in a small lifeboat came rowing past, asking the man if he needed assistance. The man said, "No. I have faith that Jesus is coming to save me." The man in the boat rowed onward. Then the shipwrecked man died. It was there that he met Jesus. He was like, "Jesus... what gives? I had faith in you and prayed to you to save me. WHY DIDN"T YOU SAVE ME!!!!" Then Jesus replied, "I sent two boats and a helicopter, what more did you want?"

It is fine to escape inwardly, if there are no other options. But if there is a train coming toward you, it is wise to move out of the way, if you can. Sometimes, practical wisdom is the most relevant in a particular situation. I'm not one to always defer to enlightenment-based insights as the only relevant answers to the issues of life. I find it to be a form of bypassing and avoidance, when it isn't coupled with actual enlightenment. I am not enlightened, so I do have concerns for my family, my personal safety, and the state of the world. I would imagine that enlightened people would avoid negative situations as they arise as well. 

Emotionalmastery.org

3 hours ago, I_Like_Thing said:

If you are on this forum and are familiar with what awakening is, then you probably know at least a little about the concept of suffering; consider this: by not accepting reality, by worrying about something you have no control over, you are causing suffering in yourself, and by extension, everyone in your life. What will be will be whether it bothers you or not. This is fundamental to awakening. It is the ego that worries for lack of control over a situation, and "moving somewhere" to avoid some vague catastrophe gives the ego the delusion of control.

That is true. And I have been doing a tremendous amount of useless worrying. But I also want to remain vigilant so that I can make wise decisions regarding my family's safety. So, it can't hurt to have a plan and to know the signs of when it is wise to leave. Though it is true that I've been biting my nails about it.

And dude is right, if the fit hits the shan, there is no where in the world that will avoid the effects. Fallout doesn't abide by borders, and even a limited exchange would devastate the planet's ability to feed 7+ billion people. So even if you survive the initial attack, you'll either die quickly after, or a have a slow death in a Mad Max reality where you wished you were dead.

This would be relevant, if I believed that the world were coming to an end through complete nuclear warfare. In that case, I would just have to accept the situation and let go. But I don't really believe this... though of course there's always a chance. But this is something I have no control over, so I'm not even devoting any thought to it. I am not concerned so much about the total decimation of the human race, because if it happens it is meant to happen. What I fear is for war and devastation to show up at my doorstep and to cause much destruction here and abroad, but not a complete and total apocalypse. I want to be aware enough to protect my family if there is a means to do so. My fears are much more grounded in history, as there are constantly situations of upheaval and warfare peppered throughout human history. It would be silly to believe that my country is immune simply because the United States has not been afflicted too much in the recent past by attacks or extreme economic disasters, barring the 9/11 attack and the economic collapses of the early 2000s. This is why I am considering a move to a neutral country that is far away from potential conflicts and not just accepting the inevitable decimation of the human race. I don't believe that we're there yet. 

Emotionalmastery.org

22 minutes ago, I_Like_Thing said:

I’m not worried about a Zombie apocalypse, but I have to admit a fantasy of mine is to pull a Mosquito Coast and get some land in Central or South America and build a self-sustainable “off the grid” community. This is not helpful to you so I won’t talk about that right now haha

If you are rich, there are places in the world you can move to where no matter how bad things get on the outside, you’ll be in a nice protected insulated bubble with other rich people. You’ll probably need a net worth of at least $5 million USD, and I assume you aren’t that rich or you wouldn’t be mentioning this and would have just moved already as some of my friends have done (the jerks).

To undertake the kind of move you want to do you’ll want to be at least middle-class (I’ll explain shortly), and preferably upper-middle class, with at least $10,000 in liquid assets, and preferably at least $100k in assets that can be converted (such as a home that can be sold). Imo this is the bare minimum—you can do it for less, but you wouldn’t want to live in those places. 

If you meet that criteria, then you’ll want to do a cost/benefit analysis: what are the odds that bad things will happen if you stay in Florida, compared to the odds of bad things happening to where you want to move, and same with good things too--and ask yourself, do you like thing, or not like thing?

Things to consider:

You’ll need passports for everyone in your family. If you or them don’t have them already, you’ll want to get started because the process can take 6 months or even longer if there is a backlog.

If you have children, how will they react to a new country? Will they be leaving school/friends behind? Will relatives miss not being able to see them? Etc. 

How much crime is in the area you want to move to? Often times the odds of being murdered are higher in your new location than the odds of whatever disaster you think might be coming to where you are now.

What will you and husband do for income? Have any skills the host country would desire? Some countries only allow people to immigrate if they have specific skills (like engineers or doctors).

Money: some countries require you to prove you won’t be a drain on their social programs before allowing you to live there—and this requires proof of your net worth. That $10k in liquid assets I mentioned above actually won’t be enough for a lot of countries. Some require a lot more. 

Where will you live in the new country? Will you rent, or buy a place? Many countries have laws that prevent non-natives from buying land or property. If you will rent, you’ll want to work that out ahead of time, and familiarize yourself with the local renter laws. Sometimes someone will sell you on something online, but when you arrive, you find something quite different.

How stable is the government? There are many horror stories of American expats being wlecomed to a location, only to have the government change and then they get harassed, the local police shake them down for money etc., and then they have to leave behind communities they spent a lot of money building.

Do you know the language of the country you want to move to? Some countries require this before even considering allowing you to move, so if you don’t know it you and your family will want to start learning it while the application is going through.

When you find your potential host country, and meet their requirements, you’ll want to apply ASAP because sometimes these applications can take many months to several years depending on the red tape.

If all of that checks out, you’re good to go. It’s a hassle, and not for everybody, but it can be a rewarding experience. I do have to mention, however, that if you are only considering this because you fear bad things coming to your doorstep, I advise against it. More often than not the devil you know is much tamer than the one you haven’t met yet. As bad as people who have never been outside of the United States think America is, it’s still a relative paradise compared to some of the shitholes you’ll find on this planet of ours; and in this global economy, if the United States sinks, it will take down the rest of the world with it--and misery loves company. I’d certainly rather be here during a major depression than anywhere south of California (not all governments are as nice to their citizens when times are tough as we are).

I got all our passports renewed back in December and received them in January. I looked into several places in Central/South America. Costa Rica was the one that seemed the most stable and friendly. To immigrate there as a Rentista, I would have to have either a guaranteed $1000 a month coming in or $60,000 to put in the bank. Neither of which do we have. However, we do have a sizable nest egg put aside should we need to take an emergency vacation there and stay until we make further plans. And currently, the cost of living there is somewhat less than the cost of living here in Florida. So, our savings could probably sustain us for several months while we find out a way to make ends meet. The good thing is that both American and Hungarian citizens (my husband is a Hungarian citizen) can go there for up to a period of 90 days without a Visa. It's actually a very tourist friendly place. In fact, many Americans live there but just go out of the country for a few days every couple months to no exceed the 90 day rule. Though it is discouraged, some people have been doing this for decades. So, the plan is not to move right away but to lay low there and make plans at a safer location than here, if it comes down to it. I would hate to have to pull my daughter out of school. But if it becomes a matter of our personal safety, then we will do what we have to. Also, I took 3 years of Spanish in high school and pick up on languages easily if I'm exposed to them. My husband is also good with learning languages (he is fluent in English) and has immigrated to and worked in both Israel and America. He came here 16 years ago with only $30 in his pocket. He is a permanent resident in America now, but it took him a long time to get his green card, so he had to find ways to work in the interim between when his Visa expired and when he got his permanent resident status. So, I'm confident that we could both make it if we really needed to.

Emotionalmastery.org

Costa Rica is nice, and is tourist friendly, but keep in mind that if what you think might happen actually happens, countries slam the door on perceived refugees--and that includes closing loopholes like the one you mentioned that now get overlooked for the sake of those tourist dollars. If the USD falls flat, they'll look at you the way Turkey looks at Syrians trying to cross their border.

You could avoid that by digging in now (not necessarily moving there but just starting the app.), but if you have to cash out a 401k or retirement account to do so, that can be a dicey affair. You could convert USD to gold, but it is heavy, difficult to move around, and can be stolen. You could try platinum, but gold generally has higher demand and is more recognizable. Gems are pretty much worthless, and any kind of expensive art or antique investment would also have little value under such a scenario. Definitely stay away from Bitcoin, or any fiat currency (when one drops, they all tend to drop except the ones not tied to the central banks).

Costa Rica also has a strong cartel presence, but if you leave them alone they'll usually leave you alone. If your hubby grew up poor in Hungary then I'm sure he'll be just fine if he treats people with respect.

Let us know how it goes if you decide to go ahead with it.

I'll definitely let you know if we decide to go. I still hope that it doesn't come to that. But I definitely have thought of the scenario the U.S. immigrants would not be super welcome in other countries if such a situation happens. However, I also have a confidence that most Americans would not have the idea right away to move, let alone to move to anything but another first world nation. So, most would set their sights on Canada as a first case resort. It's easier to immigrate there too. You only need $17000 or have worked in the U.S. for at least one year over the course of the past ten years and have procured a job for when you move to Canada. Also, you must have no criminal record. So, it's a lot easier to qualify for permanent resident status there, and all we would need is to get full-time employment to be there long term and legally.  The only reason why I wouldn't necessarily want to go there is because they may end up involved in a large scale conflict despite being a country known for non-involvement n war. Also, Americans would be breaking down the doors there if an emergency were to happen. 

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins I'm really curious which spiritual teacher you mean! :D I guess you don't want to tell the name to protect his/her reputation in case the prediction is wrong? (My suspicion is Teal Swan  :ph34r:)

Just now, Echoes said:

@Emerald Wilkins I'm really curious which spiritual teacher you mean! :D I guess you don't want to tell the name to protect his/her reputation in case the prediction is wrong? (My suspicion is Teal Swan  :ph34r:)

I begrudgingly admit, it is. But I didn't hide her name to protect her from scrutiny or anything like that. If a person claims to have psychic abilities but does not, then they should have their credibility called into question. But I did it for two reason, one a bit selfish the other less so. The first reason (the more selfish one), is because I know that many people don't like her and see her as a con artist, and will write off my own credibility if I take what she says seriously in any way. I also don't want to associate myself with her too much due to the fact that I don't always feel comfortable about her myself, and given that I am also a YouTuber who speaks on the topic of spirituality I would not want to give endorsement to the validity of her psychic abilities if I don't actually know if she really has those abilities. The second reason is because I feel a little weird keeping this information to myself if it happens to actually be true. If I keep it to myself, and the issue does come to fruition in the way she described, then I would feel very negatively that I didn't tell anyone about it. So, it was just simpler to keep the teacher's identity low key to not color anyone's expectations of the prediction to give it in a more neutral manner.

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins wow, thank you! When I first watched a video of her my first thoughts where "What a stereotype new-age fraud" But somehow the things she said resonated and now I already watched plenty videos of her which led to valuable insights. I mostly like her psychological/psychoanalysis oriented topics. Not so much this whole "twin souls"/"tarot cards" stuff. I think this is the reason so many don't like her; It's really easy to get the impression that she is just this very cliche new-age woo-woo teacher with energy vibrations and guardian angels and all this things. And then there are all this rumours of her being a cult leader. But it would be a mistake to dismiss her because of this first impression imo. Atleast for me it would have been a mistake. It is a sometimes weird combination of mysticism and down to earth groundedness (Her laughing too is weird sometimes :D). I'm not sure about all her "supernatural" topics, I neither dismiss them or completely belief in them, I just don't know. But since I respect her credibility and knowledge in these psychological areas, I can definetely see how one can take these predictions seriously. (Also because you said that so far everything came true). But I remember watching of her talking about the future where she told that the future can be predicted in relation to the vibrational frequency of the present moment, so it can't be done 100%, because the vibration can always shift. I think this was mostly oriented towards the destiny of individual persons though, where there exists a greater variance in frequency. Don't know if this is true in global regards and the collective consciousness of mankind.

Edited by Echoes

I think Teal Swan is a loon, but I don't dislike her (or anybody). Her predicting Trump would become president was no great feat. The media and everybody else was shocked, but the writing was on the wall--they just didn't want to read it. It became obvious Trump had a very good chance about a month after he announced when record numbers of people showed at his rallies. And people already hated Hillary, but her constant lying, and conspiring against Bernie Sanders, cheating on the debates etc. sealed her fate. If you observe reality dispassionately, a lot of things become obvious that egoic perspectives might confuse with the supernatural.

I'll believe someone can predict the future when they claim they know what the next  winning lottery numbers will be, then go and buy a ticket, and a week later they win the lottery. To date no "fortune teller" has ever beat any game of chance. Odd. Or as Trump would say--Sad!

Just out of curiosity what else did she predict? Nuclear war was it? With Russia?

I don't dismiss outright the existence of psychic phenomenon. It makes sense to me how someone could potentially read the energy of a person, place, object, or situation to make predictions about the most likely trajectory. It especially makes sense from the non-dual perspective, as everything is one thing and that one thing is also yourself and also creates all of existence. It would make sense to me to think that, if everything projects from your true nature, then those who are not blocked from this aspect of themselves may experience premonitions and visions. So, I don't write off Teal Swan's claim that she is psychic due to the fact that her work has been incredibly helpful to me at particular times in my life, and that I truly don't know what another person's experience is or if they truly are or are not experiencing psychic phenomena. But I do know that she reads situations and people incredibly well, even in lieu of psychic abilities. So, I don't dismiss her predictions of how things may go down in the near future. It makes sense to me how things could come to pass in the way that she predicted. Also, earlier in the thread, I mentioned the entirety of her prediction. I'm sure that it's on page one or two. 

I think it's possible some folks may be able to portend that which hasn't arisen yet, but at this point it should be obvious to Emerald (or anyone else who has been seeking an awakening) that Swan is very much in an egoic perspective. She has also shown no compunction about telling lies (this has been confirmed) about some very serious subject matter in order to further her agenda. She is very intelligent, and deftly uses many of the tricks one would have seen in carnivals 50 years ago to seperate folks from their coin to the crystal ball; her game of course is spirituality. All this can be a dangerous mix if her ego decides to pull a Jim Jones (she's already got a compound down in South America ready to go).

This doesn't mean she might not accidentally help some people when she recites things she's read in her videos; but sometimes the information she gives is harmful as well. Like most things, let the buyer beware.

I personally believe that Teal Swan still very much has an ego. She's very attached to her identity and her work, and takes it very personally when she feels attacked. This is very normal and human, but given my past experiences, I sincerely doubt that someone who has no ego would truly care about these things. Or (in what I consider a less likely scenario) she may have no ego and may be pretending to care about these slights to her character simply to be more relatable and to dis-spell doubts in her own credibility and to discount her critics. It would be very calculated and a very manipulative PR move, but it's a small possibility as well. This is why I don't trust her despite all the help she's given me. She has a serpentine kind of way about her and her energy is very off-putting. It's a big reason why many people have an aversion to her. So, if her intention is to be a cult leader, her prediction does feed right into that. This is why I would not inhabit the same city as her, despite the fact that she lives in Costa Rica. But I still can't help but notice that her prediction seems to be potentially coming to fruition. This doesn't necessarily mean she's psychic... she could just have knowledge of human patterns throughout history and make an educated guess from that. Either way, it makes sense to me how things could go down that road.  So, I cannot dismiss the possibility in its entirety as just smoke and mirrors to gain a more loyal cult following. Though it may very well be.

Emotionalmastery.org

3 hours ago, Echoes said:

@Emerald Wilkins wow, thank you! When I first watched a video of her my first thoughts where "What a stereotype new-age fraud" But somehow the things she said resonated and now I already watched plenty videos of her which led to valuable insights. I mostly like her psychological/psychoanalysis oriented topics. Not so much this whole "twin souls"/"tarot cards" stuff. I think this is the reason so many don't like her; It's really easy to get the impression that she is just this very cliche new-age woo-woo teacher with energy vibrations and guardian angels and all this things. And then there are all this rumours of her being a cult leader. But it would be a mistake to dismiss her because of this first impression imo. Atleast for me it would have been a mistake. It is a sometimes weird combination of mysticism and down to earth groundedness (Her laughing too is weird sometimes :D). I'm not sure about all her "supernatural" topics, I neither dismiss them or completely belief in them, I just don't know. But since I respect her credibility and knowledge in these psychological areas, I can definetely see how one can take these predictions seriously. (Also because you said that so far everything came true). But I remember watching of her talking about the future where she told that the future can be predicted in relation to the vibrational frequency of the present moment, so it can't be done 100%, because the vibration can always shift. I think this was mostly oriented towards the destiny of individual persons though, where there exists a greater variance in frequency. Don't know if this is true in global regards and the collective consciousness of mankind.

I felt the same way about her when I first saw her. She does look like the quintessential New Age guru, and that always sits suspiciously with me. I tend to have an allergy the New-Age-ness in the first place as a lot of it is marshmallow fluff. But as I watched her stuff, I found her to be very observant of human nature and very insightful. She said things that I had known deep down but had never put words to. It really helped me clear out a lot of garbage I had floating in my head. It was exactly what I needed at the time. But I still have my doubts about her and the sense of aversion is still there because of her personality vibe. But I think some of it is projection. I just know that I step lightly with her work when it rubs me the wrong way. But that's true of every teacher that I've learned from. 

Emotionalmastery.org