bazera

Michael Pollan just released a documentary on Netflix

8 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just found a documentary based on a famous psychedelic book called How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan

https://www.netflix.com/ge/title/80229847

There are a couple of episodes, probably more is coming. Just wanted to share this

Watched some of it. Was kinda basic and benign to me, nothing really new there. It is like a review of the history/culture of different mind altering substances. No real deep stuff. More relevant to people who haven't tripped yet.

Edited by Batman

@Batman Yes, it's a sort of an introduction / history / culture. 

If youre posting on this forum the education part is mostly repeating things you already know, as far as that aspect is concerned it is definitely aimed more at psychedelic naive people.

But I think the true value of this doc is contained in the footage of therapy sessions and the testimonials of the participants. There's some very inspiring stories of healing especially in the 3rd episode about MDMA therapy, that was by far the highlight of the series for me.

@eggopm3 Yes, and also the value I see in these kinds of documentaries is just raising awareness around psychedelics in society. Most people still demonize them, and maybe some of them will change their minds after at least seeing this show.

Similar to how Leo did his "Correcting The Stigma Of Psychedelics" series years ago. It serves the same purpose.

@eggopm3 that's all true. It's a good series to share with friends and family though. It'd send people to this series before Leo's psychedelic videos. 

Watching it now. I think it's good that the series are so basic, to slowly (re)introduce psychedelics with a bigger audience. Nice to see these kinds of topics gaining traction on more "mainstream" platforms like Netflix.

I watched the first episode and really enjoyed it. The therapy sessions bring me to tears. 

The game of survival cannot be won.