RobertZ

The Next Evolution of Actualized Teaching - 2 Minds About Confessing Pride

6 posts in this topic

What are your feelings about acknowledging an area for improvement where a person has two minds on a topic? A confession to ‘improve’ can feel great but cause serious problems. 

For example in the video, the Next Evolution of Actualized Teaching, Leo acknowledges that some of his teachings may appear aggressive or arrogant. However, in reflecting on this point, Leo adds that he has never kissed any spiritual teacher’s ass. Is this an arrogant statement that some teachers get pleasure from extreme compliance? Leo concludes that arrogance kept him intellectually independently and maybe ‘it could not have been otherwise.’

I am curious about a confession like that—where a person acknowledges an area for improvement (or limits of a behaviour)—is that acknowledgment and intention to change helpful?

I can think of areas in my life where I am morally conflicted. One state of mind says, ‘yes’ and another says, ‘no.’ I am concerned that even attrition (limited intention to change) where a person has conflicting minds on a topic requires rigid diligence. 

This question has been bugging me on and off since 2013. 

20 hours ago, RobertZ said:

A confession to ‘improve’ can feel great but cause serious problems. 

What kind of problems?

20 hours ago, RobertZ said:

is that acknowledgment and intention to change helpful?

To a highly sensitive one any move towards light, truth, and love is helpful in their "environment", and in that sense yes. Arrogance alone is not as much of an issue as the embodiment of high consciousness in general which is something we can all work on. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

Could be, he’s gonna keep getting better over the next 6 months if he is self honest. 

idk, ass kissing is a real phenomenon 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Thanks for your responses. Leo does point out that committing to a decision has benefits and drawbacks. But, commitment itself may benefit a person. 

Let’s take my confession like “I’m not happy in my marriage.” Or conversely, “Suck it up buttercup. 8 years of a sexless marriage is not so bad if people care about you. You have financial benefits and you chose to remain.’ A person “confesses” their inadequacies and commits toward a way of life going forward. Does commitment require rigid moral stance and self-judgment?

How do you commit to a decision without being moralistic? Do you enjoy your life? 

1 hour ago, RobertZ said:

How do you commit to a decision without being moralistic? Do you enjoy your life?

You have to do things which genuinely align with your top values and make you feel good about yourself, not out of obligation to others.

If you are not happy in your marriage, sucking that up is not correct.

Only do things for others if you enjoy it. Not because you have to.

If you don't enjoy marriage, stop doing it. Or find a way to do it where you enjoy it.

Be careful with the trap of self-sacrificing. That's a pathological form of spirituality/love.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Only do things for others if you enjoy it. Not because you have to.

I can definitely agree with that. Any other way and you'll burn out + be miserable.