SQAAD

Everything is Not Equally Great

7 posts in this topic

Leo's long video about Bias, he talks about how everything is equally great (there is no difference between anything etc) and therefore that's why God has no biases. God loves the best dreams equally to all the worst possible nightmares.

I don't understand what he means by that statement though. His life is a demonstration of the exact opposite. A life built on conditional happiness and making certain decision to avoid the misery of life.

If everything is equally great, you wouldn't care enduring the worst kind of torture and misery. Our lives are carefully constructed to avoid the nightmares at any cost. And we are all scared sh*tless of the possibilities of enduring nighmares and terrifying misery and pain. Some are still pretending otherwise though.

Again i understand that relatively speaking not everything is equally great. None of us would enjoy being butchered and tortured. 

That's why i don't understand when people and spiritual gurues act how everything is ok and the same , etc. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Its a theatrical game to me.

Everything is not equally great and that is the whole challenge of existence in a nutshell. Thats the whole struggle of life. And the ways each of us lives our lives is the proof  of that.

The only exceptions that come to mind are figures like the Buddha or Ramana Maharshi. Maybes these are super rare examples of people who embodied this idea that everything is equally great. The rest of us will never accomplish such feats. And maybe its not even possible. Thats why i don't like when i hear that there is no difference between things, because clearly & obviously there is.

Edited by SQAAD

@SQAAD

It depends on the state and perspective you're looking things from. Of course from limited perspective you can divide things to opposite definitions, but that doesn't make the things any more bad or good. What even is bad? Thing which you don't like. Try to define good or bad without making that definition from your perspective. What would that even be a like.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?

You cannot see this because you don't want to see this but everything in life has proven this to you over and over. Some people like to exercise others don't. Some people get turned on by pain, others don't. Some people are willing to risk their life for their loved ones, and even strangers, other don't. Some people like sweets, some people hate sweets. The list goes on. 

There are a small group of people who get off (sexual arousal) off of torture. Whatever crazy thing you can think of, somebody likes it. So like/dislike is just a personal preference. You refuse to see because you believe your perspective is the RIGHT perspective. If you could see past that, you would see ALL the evidence around you. Rapist disagree, serial killers disagree, sadists disagree, masochists disagree. 

There are people who eat Cow Dung. The list goes on. 

Obviously I'm not advocating rape or serial killers, but I am just saying...that whatever thing you can think of, there is a person who likes it. No matter how deranged or crazy we personally may think it is.

Edited by Razard86

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

3 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Everything is not equally great and that is the whole challenge of existence in a nutshell. Thats the whole struggle of life. And the ways each of us lives our lives is the proof  of that.

How can a thing be seen as "not good" without an individual to proclaim it is so? Therein lies the fruits of long hours, weeks, months of meditation.

"Good" is the default state before human resistance appears and thinks it can change what is.

Edited by axiom

Apparently.

I think it's because Consciousness sees everything. Consciousness is like the sun which illuminates both horse shit and roses. And supposedly you are that Consciousness.

Will vs FREE will.

I think that's what it comes down to.

The entire misery, hatred of torture, and all that, is one of the many things which appear. Unfortunately (and my feeling that it is unfortunate).

9 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

Will vs FREE will.

I think that's what it comes down to.

The entire misery, hatred of torture, and all that, is one of the many things which appear. Unfortunately (and my feeling that it is unfortunate).

Exactly, also you know how when some people get mad at someone they think like this?

Some people just go through with it.

Don't get me started on how humans think human death is so bad, yet we kill bugs all the time. From the Bugs perspectives we are a threat, something that is dangerous to them. But to us, they are just an annoyance to be eliminated or be shooed away.

Its all just a perspective. Two people can watch Batman and the Joker. One may think the Joker is the true hero, another Batman. Joker =chaos, Batman= order. Some want to watch it all burn because they are nihilistic, others understand that there is no meaning and decide to create their own meaning which Batman does.

The Joker is drawn to Batman because the Joker realizes Batman sees past the illusion that society creates, but Batman believes that illusion should be allowed to exist and only dispelled by the free will of those enjoying it. Joker wants to unveil the illusion, Batman wants to preserve it. 

They are both crazy/insane because anyone that sees past the illusion is considered insane.

Joker gives a good joke to describe him and Batman.

It's all just perspective at the end of the day, based all on falsehood because everything is YOU. Reality is like a body that goes ewww when a part of itself looks at itself and goes ohh I like that though. So probe away, all life is just probing itself.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.