Vynce

What to do if social interactions feel robotic or inauthentic?

8 posts in this topic

Sometimes I notice how the other is noticing my inauthentic or robotic behavior and speech. I even feel sorry for him/her, when the other is genuine to me, and doesn't get the same authenticity back. 

I know what causes this in me and also know how to dissolve this, but in the moment of inauthentic behavior, I don't see any way to do better. 

I can be neutral and present, by mere observation. But I don't want to just observe my entire life. I want to make others happy, I want to share insights with them, and want to make them feel good in my proximity. 

All this seems impossible, when I'm in this state of "unsureness" or robotic like state. 

I could communicate what I'm communicating here to the other, but that would sound also robotic and somehow not authentic. 

Edit: I think I know what to do. I just had to think through this via this post. :)

Edited by Vynce

mind IS robotic and inauthentic, mechanical shallow and nothing but a copy cat

have you noticed that you never had an original thought?

thus the question becomes how do i get in touch with my intuition and my originality and my genius and my divinity

leo's episode on not knowing is a good starter

@JoeVolcano have you ever considered that there's absolutely nothing for you to do, ever, because 'you' aren't something that 'does things' but rather something that 'is'?  

There is literally nothing for you to do, which you are not already 'doing'.. or rather, you can never be 'other than how you are already being.'. 

Notice that you never have to 'try to be yourself' because you are always 'being yourself'.  Even an attempt to 'not be yourself' is 'being yourself'. 

You can't escape it.  It's effortless.  I'm being myself right now, and I'm not trying to do that.. I can't stop doing it, because it's not something I'm doing.. 

"I am. Oh! I AM!" - Leo Gura

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

At least you understand any inauthenticity inside. 

I guess eliminate whatever is inauthentic in you, ruthlessly. Keep on doing it until the end. 

38 minutes ago, Bird Larry said:

Keep on doing it until the end. 

Ohhh so cryptic.

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

@Vynce

You just need to be more excited towards the conversation and that can't really be faked. Easy fix is not to be in situation you don't like. Generate deep desire about some things in life and try to lead any conversation close to these things and you may be genuinely interested about these meetings. Also all social situations are most likely pretty small talkish so you should have lot of different exciting stories to share and make the conversation more fun for both/all of you.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?