Devin

Anyone wanna start a concerted effort to raise conciousness?

38 posts in this topic

Anyone interested in a concerted effort to raise consciousness via collectively targeting social media groups?

I pop in some and talk to people, always pushing the conversations deeper, but thought if we targeted a group, not aggressively, but if we would join a group work it a while and then find a different one, that it may be more effective, sort of spreading the work out but working together.

Would only work if you managed to shift at least one person's mindset while doing do, otherwise the group dynamic just flexes back to whatever manifestation it represented when you entered, and by doing so, temporarily changed the group dynamic.

That shift in that [minimum] one person would have to be strong enough for it to maintain continued influence, after you leave that group.

That would imply that influencing the group isn't the path forward, but targeting specific people that holds the potential to A) be open to shifting, and B) impose continued positive (as you deem it) influence on the group dynamics. 

If the group is a loosely coupled set of individuals, e.g. too large with many inconsistent contributors, that vary from time to time, the culture is a more complex sum of the total of the individuals in that group, often united by deficiency needs and fears, compared to a group with prominent, consistent contributors where there are leaders and followers. 

What the desired outcome is matters, and the path, and the means to move in a desires direction needs to be carefully selected, to move towards the desired outcome. Also working from as many directions as possible, and as many key individuals as possible, as a coordinated effort. 

I do think that this is utopian thinking and that, without knowing what social media groups you're thinking of, those groups are the least likely to be susceptible to shifting.

People typically don't want to, and are not looking to change themselves. So change would need to happen despite their resistances, and ultimately change must be created within themselves, by themselves. 

It's easier to play on people's needs and frustrations, to catalyze negativity, than it is to catalyze positive change within people. 

Just look this forum.

You would think that people are here to change, that's the whole point of self-actualization, a never ending quest for a better tomorrow self, realizing the dormant inherent potential that all of us hold.

Yet, people put up huge resistence to allowing actual change, even so. Rather wanting the world around them to change, to meet their needs, than them changing how they attach meaning to the world, and thus changing how the world shows up to them. 

Long-term consistency is needed, by *someone*.

That someone can't be you, or me, it needs to be someone else, as this would have to be permanent, to the composition of that group, and scalable, which neither of us are. 

Which bring it all back to targeting key individuals, purposefully, and in ways deliberately designed in such ways that they respond best to, to catalyze them to shift themselves. 

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

Maybe it's God's intention to evolve at its own pace ;)...

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

4 minutes ago, puporing said:

Maybe it's God's intention to evolve at its own pace ;)...

Which by no means negates such efforts, but includes them :x

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

29 minutes ago, Eph75 said:

Which by no means negates such efforts, but includes them :x

Of course, and the resistance (and acceptance) such efforts receive... on and on.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

4 hours ago, Eph75 said:

Would only work if you managed to shift at least one person's mindset while doing do, otherwise the group dynamic just flexes back to whatever manifestation it represented when you entered, and by doing so, temporarily changed the group dynamic.

That shift in that [minimum] one person would have to be strong enough for it to maintain continued influence, after you leave that group.

That would imply that influencing the group isn't the path forward, but targeting specific people that holds the potential to A) be open to shifting, and B) impose continued positive (as you deem it) influence on the group dynamics. 

If the group is a loosely coupled set of individuals, e.g. too large with many inconsistent contributors, that vary from time to time, the culture is a more complex sum of the total of the individuals in that group, often united by deficiency needs and fears, compared to a group with prominent, consistent contributors where there are leaders and followers. 

What the desired outcome is matters, and the path, and the means to move in a desires direction needs to be carefully selected, to move towards the desired outcome. Also working from as many directions as possible, and as many key individuals as possible, as a coordinated effort. 

I do think that this is utopian thinking and that, without knowing what social media groups you're thinking of, those groups are the least likely to be susceptible to shifting.

People typically don't want to, and are not looking to change themselves. So change would need to happen despite their resistances, and ultimately change must be created within themselves, by themselves. 

It's easier to play on people's needs and frustrations, to catalyze negativity, than it is to catalyze positive change within people. 

Just look this forum.

You would think that people are here to change, that's the whole point of self-actualization, a never ending quest for a better tomorrow self, realizing the dormant inherent potential that all of us hold.

Yet, people put up huge resistence to allowing actual change, even so. Rather wanting the world around them to change, to meet their needs, than them changing how they attach meaning to the world, and thus changing how the world shows up to them. 

Long-term consistency is needed, by *someone*.

That someone can't be you, or me, it needs to be someone else, as this would have to be permanent, to the composition of that group, and scalable, which neither of us are. 

Which bring it all back to targeting key individuals, purposefully, and in ways deliberately designed in such ways that they respond best to, to catalyze them to shift themselves. 

To clarify; my thought isn't to make the group conscious, but maybe we can find some individual biters.

I usually feel like even though people don't go all the way, it still feels like progress, I see lasting change actually, and I figure they will have less negative impact on others/maybe even a little positive. It seems like progress is still made.

4 hours ago, JoeVolcano said:

The first thing to know about being conscious is that you're the only one.

Cheers

well, I think part of me needs help and I'm trying to recruit other parts to work together on that.

4 hours ago, Devin said:

[...] it still feels like progress [...]

Yes, and everything is at movement, always, even when it doesn't seem so, smaller or greater movement. The design when done "right" just helps with setting a greater pace of change :)

2 hours ago, Eph75 said:

Yes, and everything is at movement, always, even when it doesn't seem so, smaller or greater movement. The design when done "right" just helps with setting a greater pace of change :)

So you're in ??! I thought we might be able to get more than two though.

Edited by Devin

I've done it before. It takes a tremendous amount of work and for the most part, you never get to see the fruits of your labor. You're just planting seeds in people's minds and hoping they'll take root months or years from now. You might notice like a 5 - 10% shift in the tone of the overall community.

I'm not gonna do it again unless it's to get people to join my cult and there's something in it for me xD

You're probably better off creating memes that raise consciousness and getting them to go viral. Then at least you're reaching thousands of people at once, instead of having to change the world one conversation at a time.

57 minutes ago, Yarco said:

I've done it before. It takes a tremendous amount of work and for the most part, you never get to see the fruits of your labor. You're just planting seeds in people's minds and hoping they'll take root months or years from now. You might notice like a 5 - 10% shift in the tone of the overall community.

I'm not gonna do it again unless it's to get people to join my cult and there's something in it for me xD

You're probably better off creating memes that raise consciousness and getting them to go viral. Then at least you're reaching thousands of people at once, instead of having to change the world one conversation at a time.

There's something priceless in it for you, you get to live in a more conscious world, it's the cult of humanity

I think a personal one on one is required or at least much more effective. There's plenty of great memes, I'm not sure people really understand them though. I think it requires people to feel that you care.

Edited by Devin

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

Edited by Devin

1 hour ago, Yarco said:

Yes humor is often one of the most effective. :D

A bit like Jehova's witnesses..

If you want to get hated, then try to force your beliefs on people.

Edited by Blackhawk

17 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

A bit like Jehova's witnesses..

If you want to get hated, then try to force your beliefs on people.

I'm not talking about preaching, we just go become part of a social media group like this one, that we're all at least a little interested in the topic. Just being a part of the group raises everyone else in it. We likely won't even mention anything spirituality wise, just whatever the group is assembled for, it's really worthwhile, you see people start to open their eyes.

It's beautiful, but also draining at times, and frustrating, that's why I think a group of us doing it would keep up our individual morales during the harder times. And we would more saturate the group, if one conscious person is there, they just seem like an odd ball, if multiple, then it more likely appears to the unconscious that they're blind to something.

Edited by Devin

4 hours ago, Yarco said:

I've done it before. It takes a tremendous amount of work and for the most part, you never get to see the fruits of your labor.

Same here, still am, in multiple arenas, not for the sake of results, but for the sake of doing, simply because you can, and the prospect of doing something for humanity.

4 hours ago, Devin said:

So you're in ??!

Hold on there cowboy :D Effort is finite, and how it's spend should be decided with care.

I'm curious though...

What would your efforts to raise consciousness look like, as you imagine it?

What does raising consciousness really mean, within this kind of group  context? 

What kind of social groups do you have in mind? 

What makes this any Different from what is, or could be happening, right here, right now?

Edited by Eph75

10 minutes ago, Eph75 said:

Same here, still am, in multiple arenas, not for the sake of results, but for the sake of doing, simply because you can, and the prospect of doing something for humanity.

Hold on there cowboy :D Effort is finite, and how it's spend should be decided with care.

I'm curious though...

What would your efforts to raise consciousness look like, as you imagine it?

What does raising consciousness really mean, within this kind of group  context? 

What kind of social groups do you have in mind? 

What makes this any Different from what is, or could be happening, right here, right now?

Well i figured we would need to have a group discussion and decide on all that together but what I had in mind was finding a group about something we all have an interest in, and really just being a part of the group, I think us being there and taking part may do something cool to see. Sort of simple as that to me.

Types of groups that come to mind; maybe down the road we could do something political but i think we'll want to avoid that on our first go, but I like outdoor stuff; hiking, camping, climbing; music, food, gardening, cooking.

I don't think we need to go at it aggressively, and I think we should definitely try to enjoy it.

Raising consciousness to me in this context is getting people to question why they think the way they do, or do what they do, and appreciate everything.

I think it's different than this group because I think a lot of people avoid this type of website, feels sort of creepy to them, or they don't want to be associated with the self help sort of movement. To me, going to the other places just feels like a good thing to do, it feels natural, a way to love people.

7 minutes ago, JoeVolcano said:

You want to be a missionary, alas that's not how this stuff works.

Cheers

No, no preaching, just spending time with them, the term consciousness will likely never come up

Edited by Devin

6 hours ago, JoeVolcano said:

So a covert missionary ;)

Cheers

No, a friend

On 7/1/2022 at 9:52 PM, Devin said:

Anyone interested in a concerted effort to raise consciousness via collectively targeting social media groups?

I pop in some and talk to people, always pushing the conversations deeper, but thought if we targeted a group, not aggressively, but if we would join a group work it a while and then find a different one, that it may be more effective, sort of spreading the work out but working together.

It doesn't work like that unfortunately.  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.