Space

A Genuine State Of Not-knowing

6 posts in this topic

So i’ve been practising self-enquiry/observation for a while now. 

Whilst i’ve made a huge amount of progress since starting earlier last year, i’ve yet to reach a truly genuine state of not-knowing, or even anything close to it. I know that it’s important to get to that level of openness with the enquiry, so i’ll really try to become conscious of the fact that I don’t know what I am. But it’s always a sort of pseudo-not-knowing, a sort of intellectual not-knowing, as opposed to a state of true not-knowing where i’ve got that real conscious traction.

So my question is; is this normal? Am I taking the right approach? Is a genuine state of not-knowing something that only happens prior to having a big breakthrough i.e. rare and/or difficult, or is it something that can actually be cultivated each time I sit down to contemplate? 

Cheers!

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Yeah, true not-knowing is harder than it would seem. You have to really unearth and drop a lot of totally taken-for-granted assumptions.

Keep questioning everything.

How do you know you're that body?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I found dmt great for creating a state of not knowing, not during the trip but as an after effect 

As Leo says ... Fuck You.. what do you see? question everything yes.. but what you see is not emotion.. see Fuck you as symbols, black on white flat nothing. This could be your answer to not knowing.. .. and yes rare as Fuck and absolute in pure form.