SeekingFreedom

Confused

16 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

im hoping someone can give me some guidance here. I've been practising mindfulness, raising my awareness and spend a lot of time practising enlightenment work. Lately it's really getting me down as I feel like I'm not making much progress in comparison to the emotional labour and effort I'm putting in. I feel confused and depressed often, and on the verge of giving up! 

My question is, are my expectations of this work too high? And does it ever get easier? Thanks 

That's "normal", because you don't get anything out of it. At least that would be my understanding.

24 minutes ago, SeekingFreedom said:

My question is, are my expectations of this work too high? And does it ever get easier? Thanks 

What are your expectations? What do you really want to happen?

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

Your perspective is the thing you need to let go of. It is the freedom you seek. You classified the path as work, as if effort = results. It's the opposite. The thoughts about effort and work of are the things that when you let go of them, you can begin to experience the super awesomeness that was there all along. This will happen at the pace of your self honesty that nothing has ever " happened " to you. You have been at the helm the whole time. Also, healthy eating, daily meditation and excercise will align you with the nature of the universe and aid you in letting go. Godspeed. 

Edited by Phil

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Phil Take life as lightly as you can. You have forever. Physical things are only so because we are perceiving them. Time is not linear and does not exist. Whatever you focus on IS reality. This all requires no effort, just a letting go of the habit that keeps you from reading the factual science from about 100 years ago. 

Edited by Phil

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

10 hours ago, PureExp said:

What are your expectations? What do you really want to happen?

@PureExp my expectations are to have emotional mastery and live in peace. It just seems that practising "accepting the present moment as it is" and all that it entails is difficult and requires a lot of emotional labour. I guess I'm just looking for clarification from someone who has been here and moved passed the frustration. 

@Phil yes that is exactly what I find to be so frustrating, letting go of my perspective on reality and the never ending thoughts, but it seems the harder I try to let go of them or accept them, the more frustrated and overwhelmed  I get. I get insights daily into the reality of the ego but it's one thing to know it and one thing to "be" it which is another source of my frustration.  I do exercise, mostly  eat healthy and meditate. 

You should try to not have any expectations. Just do whatever you do as effortless as possible. 

Meditate to meditate.

Self-Inquiry to Self-Inquiry

Seek Truth to Seek Truth

If you just want to be at peace, this also comes when you stop trying to control everything. Let life guide you, flow with it. Learn to notice the signs life give you(which ofc essentially is you). Happiness with Ego is only conditioned on whatever external thing, money, a nice car etc and is ALWAYS temporary. But surrendering to life and doing the above things will lead to you being fully content with no dependency on external things. 

It takes time though. It's a process. 

Try to be more present, observe your life from 3rd person and flow with whatever comes helps a lot though :)

Memento Mori 

Flow With Life
https://trondsworld.com

@SeekingFreedom Try to enjoy the process. Don't treat it like you're being forced to do this.

Exploring metaphysics should be a joy.

The emotional mastery part is the hardest. It will take years and decades. But the joy of exploring metaphysics is something you can tap into right now.

Are you ACTUALLY curious about exploring reality? << You should be. Get in touch with that!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@SeekingFreedom Try to enjoy the process. Don't treat it like you're being forced to do this.

Exploring metaphysics should be a joy.

The emotional mastery part is the hardest. It will take years and decades. But the joy of exploring metaphysics is something you can tap into right now.

Are you ACTUALLY curious about exploring reality? << You should be. Get in touch with that!

@Leo Gura thank you for your advice. I think a good reframe is what I needed :) 

@SeekingFreedom Ok I see it. Perhaps you are trying too hard, and just like others say above, it should be a play not hard work ! Do not turn your practice into just another suffering.

But then this should not mean there needs to be no effort. The formula is - Effortless Effort :)

A football player does tremendous effort to master the play, but he never complains that it is a pain :D .Same you see.

Gently and silently slip into pure consciousness as soon as you find that Ego has taken over. Do this often and it will become a second nature, and after some time (weeks/months) the episodes of Ego taking over will be very very few. I do the same all day and night, and that peace is the greatest reward I ever had. The state does slip often, but its ok, you can wipe it off as soon as you see it, don't let it leave residues.

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

I believe you should research the' Ego.' Try to understand it and Become aware of all the things that makes up your personality and how your emotion literally manipulate you. Leo have good videos on this subject. And if your serious i would Highly  recommend this book, 'The Psychology of Mans Possible Evolution,'  saw it in one of Leo's video; its a really great read. With this book and a little open mindedness, you will definitely see progress.

So read the book, then research the Ego and try to see/ become aware when your emotions are controlling your actions . At this point you have entered self inquiry.

Signs you know your making progress:

You will start to notice that you always want people to please you. In other words to satisfy your Ego (you) ---

Ask yourself, why do you get annoyed by other people-

and try to become aware that you only want to be pleased as an individual,

keep us  updated.

9 hours ago, kuwaynej said:

I believe you should research the' Ego.' Try to understand it and Become aware of all the things that makes up your personality and how your emotion literally manipulate you. Leo have good videos on this subject. And if your serious i would Highly  recommend this book, 'The Psychology of Mans Possible Evolution,'  saw it in one of Leo's video; its a really great read. With this book and a little open mindedness, you will definitely see progress.

So read the book, then research the Ego and try to see/ become aware when your emotions are controlling your actions . At this point you have entered self inquiry.

Signs you know your making progress:

You will start to notice that you always want people to please you. In other words to satisfy your Ego (you) ---

Ask yourself, why do you get annoyed by other people-

and try to become aware that you only want to be pleased as an individual,

keep us  updated.

@kuwaynej Thanks for your advice. I have watched all of Leo's videos and some multiple times. I thought I had a pretty good understanding of the ego, it's easy to get lost in it too though. Your comment has made me realise that perhaps I need some more awareness over it. Thanks for the book recommendation, sounds like it could be a beneficial read! 

@PureExp I think you are right. I am definitely trying too hard, I think that may have been a big part of the problem. Effortless effort - I like that :) 

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to reply to my thread. I am feeling much relief already from my frustration and I no longer feel I need to give up. I now have resources to come back to when I feel like quitting and the frustration kicks in. Just gotta reorient myself and keep going! I think it's really easy to get temporary lost & sometimes you just need to go back to the basics. Thank you all for your guidance, I really appreciate it, thanks again :) 

Edited by SeekingFreedom