TheAlchemist

Intense bursts of bliss

6 posts in this topic

In the past months I have been occasionally experiencing these very intense, almost overwhelming bursts of a strong blissful sensation, kind of in my head area, but more like in my whole field of awareness. 

I find my face crunching up in intense bliss and pleasure or in almost ecstatic laughter. Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind, but it feels absolutely beautiful in those moments. It doesn't happen at a contextual level, it kind of just happens as a resonance or recognition of some pointer, although it can be preceded by contemplation. These bursts last anywhere from a few seconds to many minutes. I never had anything like this before I started watching and reading intensely on the nondual teachings, the books and videos on youtube. 

I am grateful for those moments of bliss, even if I never experience it again, they have been such a gift. But I would love to go deeper towards that which is springing this bliss to the surface. Which is the reason for this post.

I understand it's probably not useful to conceptualize experiences like this too much, but the yearning to go deeper is so strong at times and I don't want to hold myself back.

So if anyone has been through something similiar on the path and wants to point the way forward from here that would be very helpful. 

Much Love.

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse

I think you are getting bursts of kundalini. You may be close to a kundalini awakening.

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86

I get this exact same thing sometimes.

All emotions are felt in the body.  You can move or intensify the emotions if you want.  I could give myself an overwhelming euphoria right now if I wanted to.  I feel it most intense around where the neck joins the head.

@TheAlchemist I have had similar experiences. I had one earlier this week. It felt like I was about to grasp some profound insight. It started to come through, I got a glimpse and then I lost it. Kinda similar to how a dream evaporates upon waking up. I suspect you are very close to some deep insights and awakenings. 

16 hours ago, TheAlchemist said:

In the past months I have been occasionally experiencing these very intense, almost overwhelming bursts of a strong blissful sensation, kind of in my head area, but more like in my whole field of awareness. 

I find my face crunching up in intense bliss and pleasure or in almost ecstatic laughter. Sometimes I feel like I am losing my mind, but it feels absolutely beautiful in those moments. It doesn't happen at a contextual level, it kind of just happens as a resonance or recognition of some pointer, although it can be preceded by contemplation. These bursts last anywhere from a few seconds to many minutes. I never had anything like this before I started watching and reading intensely on the nondual teachings, the books and videos on youtube. 

I am grateful for those moments of bliss, even if I never experience it again, they have been such a gift. But I would love to go deeper towards that which is springing this bliss to the surface. Which is the reason for this post.

I understand it's probably not useful to conceptualize experiences like this too much, but the yearning to go deeper is so strong at times and I don't want to hold myself back.

So if anyone has been through something similiar on the path and wants to point the way forward from here that would be very helpful. 

Much Love.

I want you to imagine that those strong blissful sensations which occurs in your head area gets amplified to your entire body - legs, arms, torso, head - and you are in a state of joy and happiness in a state of this whole body pleasure. This is the definition of the beginning stages of Jhanas.

Since you are already predisposed and mentally able to create such positive states of feelings, I suggest you practice jhanas and develop these faculties further with tranquility, joy and equanimity.

I started to boost my practice with something very similar a long time ago. I had strong pleasurable sensations at the sides of my head. But this was happening consciously whenever I focused my attention to my head. After some time, the pleasure enveloped my entire body and my practice started to transform itself. 

Keep at it. This is a great opportunity to go deeper. Don't waste it. Strengthen those neural pathways!

Keep a journal and record where you are and what's happening when this occurs, and see if you can find a pattern. Immediately make a note in your phone after it happens so you don't forget.

When I went to church as a kid I'd get something similar to what you describe from being in a religious environment with everyone singing, etc. Even when I was too young to understand what was going on or being said from a theological perspective. From what I gather, a lot of people experience this in that sort of environment. Most of them interpret it as God touching them or speaking to them.

It doesn't have to be Christian, I get the same thing from listening to the video below. There's something special about people gathering and singing spiritual stuff. You can see multiple people experiencing it in this video, it's so extreme it looks like some of them are faking it but it's legit, they're blissed tf out:

If I really focus and try to sing along with this I'll quickly start tearing up, full of gratitude and other feelings, that's the Love of God coming through. I don't have to be Hindu to get it, some transmissions are so direct that they transcend belief and language barriers. Music is very effective at breaking these barriers.

I also consistently get it if I'm outside in nature and the lighting, temperature, etc are just right, and a few other situations.

Whole body tingling, heart opening up, my "spirit" kinda raises up like I'm on a rollercoaster.

Edited by Yarco