johnlocke18

Dunning Krueger effect from people misconstruing philosophy on the forum?

9 posts in this topic

It seems a lot of people on here just say things off the top of their head no matter how nonsensical and feel like they’re dropping a banger. It’s likely because they feel they can’t be wrong due to teachings especially like “everything is one and you.” Leo is guilty of this even though he is annoyed by the people on here doing it. I used to make the point “how do we know there’s nothing outside of us?” and then Leo and the mob disagreed, now you all are suddenly saying the same thing acting like you came to the conclusion yourself. It’s ridiculous lmao. 

Edited by johnlocke18

Which philosophy do you feel is being misconstrued?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

@Carl-Richard Philosophy in general and I put examples of what I’m talking about in the post. I don’t want to keep repeating myself because of people being lazily incoherent, another problem here.

15 minutes ago, johnlocke18 said:

@Carl-Richard Philosophy in general and I put examples of what I’m talking about in the post. I don’t want to keep repeating myself because of people being lazily incoherent, another problem here.

So you have no problems with non-duality as a philosophy, only the people who talk about it?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Overconfidence is a defense mechanism that overshadows the doubts and confusions that people have. Whenever you see an overly confident comment without substance, always assume doubt and confusion deep down.

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

Of course, this is not a think-tank comprised of deep thinkers. Everything approaches a standard distribution with sufficient quantity, so most of the people here will not be that profound and just talk out of their ass about shit they heard someone else say and thought sounded intelligent.

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus

This is a side effect of Leo's style. 

Leo doesn't really teach open mindedness or the importance of "I don't know".

I think deep down he knows that he doesn't know. But not knowing is not something that the YouTube audience wants to hear about.

I'm hopeful that in the future he will have another awakening that faces him with the importance of being honest about not knowing.

Serious psychedelic trips are experienced in the moment and are difficult to describe, and nearly impossible if you let enough time pass before attempting it. This is when there's no fucking around speaking with gnomes and bullshit delirious states of madness, but a real serious breakthrough.

You might remember the visuals, but the perspective shift is not in memory. It is an actual shift and to even remember what that was "like" you'd have to actually reignite the experience of that shift as it's a visceral thing...

Several times I put on a voice recorder while tripping on DMT. I tried to describe the feeling and perspective, but was just like "it's something very serious. Hm....... It's just like...... Uhm... Very serious. Hm......" I couldn't verbalize the sensation whatsoever. There wasn't anything else it was "like". I try to do this because I can describe acid and Salvia extract trips VERY well and accurately.

But nonetheless we have to try to convey it. I know that total unity was felt viscerally. I don't remember what it was like. I remember seeing cubes.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:42 PM, johnlocke18 said:

now you all are suddenly saying the same thing

Sounds like things are on the up & up!!

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi