barry

I Want To Meditate More Than My Routine

8 posts in this topic

Hi advanced meditators 
I began to meditate just since a week a go... and i am doing that for 20 minutes per day... I am 20 and I began to do that due to a bad break up of my long term relationship... meditation is actually saving my life I think... the problem is that I love to meditate because I find that feeling present, conscious and aware is great and incredibly funny, and i would like to do that more than just 20 minutes per day...

Here my questions:

1- Can I meditate twice per day, or even more? I mean, I would like to go for my 20 minutes meditation routine at the same hour of the day every day, plus some random meditation session throughout the day when I find time

2- Can I go already for a 30 minutes routine?

Meditation is the coolest thing ever

Thank You guys

Bro, you can meditate 24/7 if you feel like it.  So to answer your question, you're doing absolutely no harm upping the time you meditate for. (Unless you work and meditation is making you late for work)

Edited by Evilwave Heddy

Don't worry about too much meditation, worry about not meditating at all. 

In my opinion are 20 minutes not enough to see good/fast results. Try to increase the time to at least 1 hour a day, if it's possible for you. And watch all of Leo's meditation videos, he explains the most important stuff.

@Barry

Hello :) When you are starting out, many small sessions of formal meditation (say 20 minutes) is way better than one longer stitting, imo.

Consistency is key, doing it every single day is way more important.

Do not exert yourself too much in the beginning ;)

dear @barry, i'm going to resume 2 important points that were already said by @Evilwave Heddy and @Guivs .

you can practice meditation anytime, even when you're not sitting. cleaning the floor, drinking tea, washing dishes, brushing teeth, walking. be present and simply do what you're doing without thinking about something else. watch your body sensations and do everything mindfully. be presence itself. this is the way of zen. there's no place for self-inflicted suffering if you train with your heart like this.

consistency is more important than plenty time sitting in meditation in one go. there's nothing wrong about increasing the time of your sitting meditation practice. but make sure that you do it everyday and expand your practice throughout the day in other activities as i already said.

when your life becomes a giant meditation practice, no matter what you're doing, that's enlightenment. freedom and presence at any state. complete liberation.

don't think of us as advanced meditators. the proper mental attitude comes from the eternal beginner. there's nothing to carry.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth

@ajasatya nailed it, as usual. :)

Only thing I would add is man, Barry, you are right on in my experience. The break up is painful, but the resolve is connection with your higher self. The happiness you were experiencing from her or him doesn't hold a candle to the connection with source one can get from consistent daily meditation. You are wise. You're bringing to yourself more unconditional love and it will only assist you in bringing a more satisfying significant other into your experience.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@barry Dude meditate whenever you want, and keep this practice through the day 

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

5 hours ago, barry said:

1- Can I meditate twice per day, or even more?

@barry Two twenty's is good for starters. Than work yourself up to more time in a couple of weeks. Maybe two thirty's. If you took a TM meditation course I think they suggest 2-20's per day.  You would save yourself $1500.00 to boot.