EugeneTheSage

Is it safe to touch your genitails with dirty hands?

10 posts in this topic

Sometimes when I go to the toilet I go near the cat and can't stop and give him a few strokes. After that, I go to the toilet and touch my penis. Should I be concerned? Could I get some infections in such a way? By the way, I have an outdoor toilet, where there is a bucket underneath your asshole which you are shitting into. As I suspect there are many bacteria floating in the air, toilet paper got covered by them. Could it also be a threat to infections?

By the way, another question. Is there a risk of catching some infections from oral sex? Even kisses or laying in bed with another person may give you an undesirable microbiome. Sadhguru has the following perspective on this in his book "Karma": when you have a lot of sex with different people you are accumulating karma (memory), and women are more sensitive and accumulate more of it. Anthony Williams says in his book Cleanse to heal that you can catch a parasite an unproductive bacteria or a low-grade virus from a kiss, from common-living people.

What do you guys think about these topics?

Lol the cat is fine. You’re more likely to get hookworms up your ass from the bucket toilet. Outdoor toilets should be at least 6 feet deep because if it’s shallower hookworms can get to you. And yes oral sex can give you diseases but rarely.

Cat saliva is anti-bacterial, which is why their fur smells good.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

No it isn't, their saliva is full of bacteria, which is why when they bite you and it goes past the skin you need to get an antibiotic.  Their mouths are teeming with bacteria.

3 minutes ago, Loba said:

No it isn't, their saliva is full of bacteria, which is why when they bite you and it goes past the skin you need to get an antibiotic.  Their mouths are teeming with bacteria.

Their mouths are, but their saliva still has anti-bacterial properties.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Most things come with a tiny amount of risk, but it's not worth becoming a germaphobe over. You are constantly breathing in dust, pollen, bacteria and all kinds of stuff.

Hundreds of millions of people in the world eat exclusively with their bare hands. And their hands are probably dirtier than yours are after you touch your cat. So I wouldn't worry too much.

Your penis is all external and it's way harder (but not impossible) for guys to get yeast infections.

When you visit a city and touch a handrail or doorknob and then touch your face, you're shocking your immune system way worse than touching a cat and then your dick.

If you're otherwise healthy and not immunocompromised, most people can eat raw eggs, raw fish, raw beef and not even get sick.

However when you make out with someone for an extended period I do think you're swapping a significant amount of your microbiome. I've noticed permanent shifts in things like what my breath smells like after going from one relationship to another.

With cats your biggest risk is toxoplasmosis. Especially if you change its litter box or it's an outdoor cat. I think like 1 in 3 people have it. On the upside it supposedly makes you appear more attractive to other people and it's relatively harmless. But it may also make you more likely to engage in more risk-taking behavior. Parasites are weird.

Edited by Yarco

With so much anxiety about microbes, intimacy is going to be hard. Not all microbes are pathogenic and there is a benefit of exposing yourself to more microbiologial diversity for your immune system tolerance and antibody circulation.

Animals can actually enrich the diversity of your microbiota so don't worry about them.

As a guy, generally, your risk of catching UTI is probably 50 times less than a female simply because of longer urethra (more distance to cover) and each time you pee your basically flushing the urethra with an antimicrobial urine so drink enough to make sure you pee a lot. That being said don't stick any object up your penis (some guys do and that's how you risk interstitial cystitis), don't do unprotected anal sex and whenever you wash the penis glans under the foreskin make sure to do so with clean hands

Now if you come in contact with surfaces that may have fecal bacteria from other people it is a good idea to wash & disinfect hands each time you do but i wouldn't be too worried about cats unless you come in contact with a pregnant female which is where risk of toxoplasmosis exist as it can be passed through the placenta. 

Otherwise embrace a little bit of diry surface, unwashed hands (not after toilet) and eat some unwashed fruit or veggies that you picked from garden. 

Oh and don't be so afraid of blowjobs ?  but when it comes to sexual intercourse unless you have a stable long term partner i would NEVER go unprotected for both of your safeties

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@EugeneTheSage

I would ask your local pharma dea.. I mean doctor for some antibiotics that can help you against these evil microbes. They are everywhere these days.

Ah, and maybe there are some vaccines that can help you.

But seriously, don't overthink microbes too much. There are companies that make billions from the fear of it.
Eat healthy organic food, get daily exposure to earth and sun. 

There are ways to test for infections, if you have reasons to suspect one/some.
It is a good idea to do parasite cleanses periodically with things like garlic, oregano oil, cloves, ...  

On 29.05.2022 at 11:04 PM, Michael569 said:

don't stick any object up your penis

what do you mean by this?
Actually I want to said I'm circumsed - so does anything changes with that?

On 29.05.2022 at 11:04 PM, Michael569 said:

so afraid of blowjobs

I'm more afraid to do cunnilingus to every girl I meet