Max_V

Someone that I can talk writing with

6 posts in this topic

Hi friends!

Since early age I've had intuitions here and there that I should pursue writing as a career. The past half year I first really realized that this is what I want to do and so have been writing pretty much every day. Now I've come up against my first wall. By introspections, I've come to the conclusion that to break through requires interaction with other writers or avid readers. First of all, I write in English, which is not my mother tongue (I'm from the Netherlands). I might have different interpretations and meanings assigned to words because I did not grow up in a primarily english-spoken country, which could lead to potentially wrong grammar, use of words, etc. Though I feel I have a gift for language, I recognize my shortcomings and want to work on them. Next to that, I realized that though being a writer is sort of a solitary career, like most artistic and intellectual pursuits, bouncing ideas off other people and discussing and reviewing eachothers work is super helpful. 

So here I am now, looking for someone that I can help me review my stuff and talk writing/art/literature with. If you think you might be that person, I would love to chat.

All the best, 

Max

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@vindicated erudite  @Realms of Wonder

Thank you guys so much, this means a lot to me. I will send some stuff your way <3 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I write poetry and lyrics for my music. Would love to chat sometime and review your art? PM me if you feel called to it

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"