MrTouchdown

Why do you think you are dreaming (if you do)?

34 posts in this topic

A good deal of people claim that this is a dream. What evidence do you have to support this claim and why do you make this claim?

@MrTouchdown

You ask evidence as this is some type of murder going on. Isn't it pretty accurate to call reality as a dream if there is only one conscious being which is you. There is only the things you perceive and that is thing you can become conscious of when you meditate or take psychedelics so you can't find the answer from outside, but I can give you right direction, if you shall.

Who told you that "others" are real?

41 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@MrTouchdown

You ask evidence as this is some type of murder going on. Isn't it pretty accurate to call reality as a dream if there is only one conscious being which is you. There is only the things you perceive and that is thing you can become conscious of when you meditate or take psychedelics so you can't find the answer from outside, but I can give you right direction, if you shall.

What evidence do you have that I am the only conscious being? And even if I am then I would call this my creation as opposed to my dream.

@MrTouchdown

What is the difference between dream at night and this what you have NOW?

2 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@MrTouchdown

What is the difference between dream at night and this what you have NOW?

The potential difference is critical:

Interacting with real beings vs dream characters.

Edited by MrTouchdown

@MrTouchdown

?

If you would be only conscious being then there wouldn't be that difference you stated and therefore you could call both with a same word.

56 minutes ago, MrTouchdown said:

A good deal of people claim that this is a dream. What evidence do you have to support this claim and why do you make this claim?

Because there is no difference between real and not real.

3 minutes ago, MrTouchdown said:

Interacting with real beings vs dream characters.

What makes the "real beings" real and the dream characters not real?

Also you are asking for evidence and proof, when this thing is unfalsifiable in the firstplace.

Edited by zurew

4 minutes ago, Kksd74628 said:

@MrTouchdown

?

If you would be only conscious being then there wouldn't be that difference you stated and therefore you could call both with a same word.

First there is no proof of me being the only conscious being.

A real being is aware. It sees its own body. This is what you are interacting with now.

A dream character is unaware. It seems to be real but in reality it is purely imaginary. This is what you interact with in dreams.

8 minutes ago, zurew said:

Because there is no difference between real and not real.

What makes the "real beings" real and the dream characters not real?

Also you are asking for evidence and proof, when this thing is unfalsifiable in the firstplace.

In this context by real I mean aware. Living beings are aware. Dream characters are unaware and imaginary (meaning they only exist in your mind).

Indeed it seems to be unfalsifiable but that means it is absurd for people to call me their imagination/dream when they can neither prove or disprove their claim.

Reality is changing in accordance with your thoughts. Reality is influenced by thoughts. 

Edited by Vibroverse

`

Edited by MrTouchdown

1 hour ago, MrTouchdown said:

Indeed it seems to be unfalsifiable but that means it is absurd for people to call me their imagination/dream when they can neither prove or disprove their claim.

It doesn't absurd at all. "Reality is a dream" claim is correct on many levels.

Even if you want to make the argument, that there is an objective reality out there, even then, you don't really access that reality, but you only experience your own interpretation of that reality. Interpretation is basically reality, and interpretation = creating reality.

So by you making your own interpretation of your own self and reality either consciously or unconsciously you are making your own dream.

When you read this message, you won't read my message, you only read your own interpretation of my message. I am always inside your head, you basically can't get around that. You are communicating with an idea of Zurew in your head, you can't access any objective Zurew.

So even with the "there is an objective world outhere" assumption, you still only access your own biased, distorted version of reality.

Edited by zurew

@MrTouchdown

I don't just understand why you always flip this whole thing upside down. I never said you are imaginary. I said that whoever is reading this message right NOW is the only conscious being and that can be "proved" for oneself through mystical experience which can be accessed with meditation or psychedelics for example. Btw how you know that dream characters don't have own experience? How you know that it is your own dream and not some dream "server" out there. You don't have any proof for any of them, but you still decided to make difference between them. Why?

-joNi-

1 hour ago, zurew said:

It doesn't absurd at all. "Reality is a dream" claim is correct on many levels.

Even if you want to make the argument, that there is an objective reality out there, even then, you don't really access that reality, but you only experience your own interpretation of that reality. Interpretation is basically reality, and interpretation = creating reality.

So by you making your own interpretation of your own self and reality either consciously or unconsciously you are making your own dream.

When you read this message, you won't read my message, you only read your own interpretation of my message. I am always inside your head, you basically can't get around that. You are communicating with an idea of Zurew in your head, you can't access any objective Zurew.

So even with the "there is an objective world outhere" assumption, you still only access your own biased, distorted version of reality.

But I don't understand why you call it a dream if my experience is based on something real?

1 hour ago, Kksd74628 said:

@MrTouchdown

I don't just understand why you always flip this whole thing upside down. I never said you are imaginary. I said that whoever is reading this message right NOW is the only conscious being and that can be "proved" for oneself through mystical experience which can be accessed with meditation or psychedelics for example. Btw how you know that dream characters don't have own experience? How you know that it is your own dream and not some dream "server" out there. You don't have any proof for any of them, but you still decided to make difference between them. Why?

-joNi-

Why do you claim that the one who is reading this message is the only conscious being? What evidence do you have to support that claim?

I don't know if dream characters have their own experience.

8 minutes ago, MrTouchdown said:

But I don't understand why you call it a dream if my experience is based on something real?

Regardless of what kind of wordview we are using, the only thing i can interact with and access is my dream. So even if there is an objective true part of you, i cannot access it, so thats why i call it a dream.

The only thing i can be sure of is my conscious experience, anything more would be based upon further assumptions. 

Edited by zurew

2 hours ago, MrTouchdown said:

First there is no proof of me being the only conscious being.

A real being is aware. It sees its own body. This is what you are interacting with now.

A dream character is unaware. It seems to be real but in reality it is purely imaginary. This is what you interact with in dreams.

Oh man, you are in for quite a surprise :D

17 minutes ago, Batman said:

Oh man, you are in for quite a surprise :D

What is the surprise?

32 minutes ago, zurew said:

Regardless of what kind of wordview we are using, the only thing i can interact with and access is my dream. So even if there is an objective true part of you, i cannot access it, so thats why i call it a dream.

The only thing i can be sure of is my conscious experience, anything more would be based upon further assumptions. 

Can you wake up from your dream? If not then is it really a dream?