Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

The day I stop writing is the day I am dead

96 posts in this topic

My name is Preety. A lot of people who pmed me kept referring to me as Pretty. I guess they had a confusion. So just letting you guys know. 

Also my name has nothing to do with the word pretty. 

My name in my language means "connection." 

Preety is pronounced the same way you would say Sweetie or Tweety. 

I will use this journal in a more autobiographical sense and  it will also cover some of my meditation insights. 

At home everyone calls me Babloo. 

I almost don't identify with the name Preety because nobody calls me that in my community and neighborhood. Everyone calls me Babloo only. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I'm also planning to change my name. 

3ya1u5.jpg

This kind of journaling helps me because it's like tweeting. This helps me in keeping it together and not letting myself get lost in thoughts or other work. I know exactly what I'm doing.. 

3ya1u5.jpg

I am going to use this journal for mini updates. Little things and reminders.

Things will get better, I promise to myself. 

Focus on yourself and fuck that shit. 

Whatever the universe does it does it for good

The only thing I hate is that I can't keep editing. 

I wish I could just sink into nothingness. 

But then there is always this needy me, the need for getting love and acceptance in any community is pretty strong for me, especially since the constant feeling of abandonment and neglect I experienced as a child. But whatever. 

I will think that the mountains are accepting me. Done deal. 

Nature can give more where humanity fails. 

And I'm such a strong soul. Do I ever give up? 

If I ever became a mother, my child will never feel unloved or abandoned, not the way I was raised, nope, I will shower my child with utmost care and love unconditionally, be the mama bear mother, my spirit will stay with by loved ones even if my body doesn't.. 

There is an innate quality to the spirit that nobody can rob.. 

I have come so far out of so much negativity thrown at me as a child, I conquered everything, whenever my mother thought that I was a nobody, I showed I was somebody. 

No child has to feel abandoned, lonely and unloved or undeserving by the mother. That's the worst way to raise a child.. 

My mother had already decided that I was the unwanted child. But I wasn't gonna give up. 

I have been fiercely loyal to all those I care about, to all those I love. Often times to my own detriment, because they would betray me. Later it would hurt like a stab. Imagine helping a person so much only for that person to call you a bitch and walk away completely abandoning you. Realizing that you did so much to help someone and they turn out to be grateful. And leave you when you need them. You get reminded of how shitty humanity is. 

I AM A LONEWOLF... I HAVE always known this. I was always a LONEWOLF. I used to sit alone on a bench.. I fucking did everything on my own. Not one help. Every little thing on my own. 

I fought for myself like a lion when everyone went against me. I proved them wrong when they decided things for me. 

My entire life was up until now a fight... A fight to live in a cutthroat world.... 

A fight against my own family. 

A fight to prove that I'm worth it. 

Nothing was ever served to me. 

I earned every single feather.  

Sometimes I feel like the only person who stood for me was me. 

I used to write a diary even as a child. 

I remember when I was 16, my diary entry was somewhat like 

"Who will be there for me across that bridge?" who will be there for me all along? 

I think I could sense betrayal even as a 16 year old. 

I knew at the back of my mind that my life was always going to be lonely, even if I had people around me, they would only be a facade, they will love me but it will be fake, that the person who will truly be around me when I need someone will only be me. I used to get creepy vibes knowing this but I also knew that this was the truth. 

Edited by Preety_India

So who is Preety? 

I'm a complex person. A product of my circumstances but also a product of my own intuition and feelings. One thing if you need to know about my personality is that I am Fierce and Deep. 

I am a very serious and deep person. All the light heartedness, the emojis, all the laugh or funny stuff you see is only a way to not come across as too deep or intense. I can go from one minute of feeling very petty and laughing to another where my crying or sadness can be so strong that you would not want to be around me.. 

I wear my heart on my sleeve. That means I wear my emotions on my sleeve. My writing can sometimes come across as very emotional since I'm an emotional person. 

I hate being cold. I hate anything cold. If I ever appear cold that's my introversion showing. That's me being guarded and reserved. 

I was always shy and reserved at school. 

This version of me that you see is the one that has arrived at after many metamorphoses and incarnations. I grew a bit out of that shy nature. 

But not much. I still carry that childhood shyness and reserved nature. 

I am very serious. A lot of people misunderstand me. I like to be courteous and polite. So it's my need for courtesy that makes me look friendly. But in reality I'm not as friendly as I may appear. The outward friendliness is only a mask I need to wear to keep my inner self away from people. 

You have to understand introverts. Introverts don't like to show people their inner struggles or problems or their thoughts. Yes I do wear my emotions on my sleeve but I'm also good at masking them. I don't feel the need to show it to people. This is the reason why introverts hardly open up or are hard to be made to open up. 

I simply shut myself when personal questions are asked. Notice that my communication is always about something, but I hardly talk about my inner self. That's an introvert. Any conversation that needs me to open up, I immediately recoil. Introverts are never comfortable in engaging their selves with the world. They have a certain fear, a certain guardedness, a certain need to be left alone. 

I have enjoyed solitude in the past. I enjoy it even now. Some people in my family have always asked me how I could be so happy just being alone. 

Like my extrovert counterparts, I don't need to have someone to feel happy. I can be happy by myself. I always find something to be happy about. I am not a chatterbug, so I become your friend I will hardly ever talk. This behavior is in complete contrast with my outer personality. Because most people at first glance find me very sweet sweet and polite, social and gentle. They get attracted to me and want to be friends. But when I don't become friends with them, they feel very strange. 

My inner self is different than the outer self. If I showed my inner self all the time, my conversations with people might get boring and I will always carry a sense of embarrassment all the time, to avoid the iciness, I try being funny and social. But I maintain the distance. So people only get a glimpse of me. 

They think what they see is me. No that's just an outer "hi hello, how are you, you're welcome" outer self of me being courteous for the sake of courtesy. 

A lot of people try to get intimate with me just thinking that I'm must be very loving if I'm so polite. 

They later get confused when I don't respond the same way I did the first time. 

When they don't get to be intimate with me, that's where they see my true self. 

I'm a very raw introvert. So keeping to myself is my fundamental nature. 

I enjoy being this quite shy silent person. Because the inner me is deep and serious. 

I'm always thinking about deeper things in life. 

Often times I don't come across as loving. 

Like once my boyfriend was offended that I wasn't being warm enough, because I wasn't saying anything when he was having a bad day. I was just quiet. He is a bit of an extrovert. So he found it cold and strange. 

Actually it's not that. I am deep, sensitive but I don't always show in an intimate setting. I'm extremely loving and caring and deeply caring inside. It's just that I don't like to show it often. The feelings are not very open but they are deep.. I probably don't know the best way to show that I'm loving and caring but inside me I'm always loving that person on a much deeper level, more than that person would ever know.. 

One of the reasons why I am such a complex person is because I'm a combination personality. It's some traits mixed with others. This makes me dynamic. And also difficult for people to assess who I really am

What does a combination personality mean? Now this is what it means. I am an introvert. But I also have moments where I wear my emotions on my sleeve. This gives a false appearance that I am this hot headed girl ready to bark at anyone and gets angry and messy. Actually those are just fleeting moments. Moments that are expressed due to a trigger. I'm not this hot tempered girl walking around just ready to snap at someone. I'm very cool and peaceful. I like this  shy peaceful nature.. 

That hot headedness is just those emotions getting the better of me. They sometimes win their day by robbing my peace. 

Edited by Preety_India

Emotional issues, family issues and past trauma. 

I have already shared them in my journal The healing Road.

In short these issues were abuse that I suffered from my bipolar mother for a huge part of my childhood. 

Second is dealing with her bipolar disorder as her caregiver. I am her primary caregiver. So it's difficult to deal with her  disorder. And caring for her can be challenging. .

. Freedom from an abusive relationship that began in late 2017. This relationship had damaged my health and given me a lot of emotional stress. 

So it's a combination of childhood abuse trauma, having to deal with an uncooperative and tough family, and the impact of the past abusive relationship I ended. 

3ya1u5.jpg

Things are at least a bit better than last week. 

I have been feeling upbeat today. 

Was listening to music in the morning. 

I feel so calm when I'm having a good day. 

3ya1u5.jpg

Came across this quote in the forum today.. 

"wherever tears fall, divine mercy is shown." I have experienced that in real. 

I like the feeling of God watching over me. Feels comforting. 

3ya1u5.jpg

Sometimes I get broody. Sometimes I get pensive. 

Today I was upbeat in the morning. But a memory of an incident made me a bit down again

I need to chill and relax and let it go. 

Better things are always around the corner. 

I got a few goals completed this week.. 

Trying to purify my mind. This is the first step. Clear the mind of all the rubbish. 

Then like a star put all your focus and energy on beauty and creation - the womb. 

Focus on the crown chakra.

See how it connects to the heart. 

3ya1u5.jpg

3ya1u5.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

I still feel the embrace of the breeze and the call of the coucal

It's both difficult, complicated and comfortable being an introvert. 

Introverts have a huge chemical buildup in their brains. Their brains are different chemically from extroverts. Introverts constantly produce chemicals that stimulate their senses and brains. That's why a lot of introverts are highly intelligent people. But the buildup of these chemicals also makes introverts nervous, anxious, frustrated, agitated and often over stimulated. The last thing they want is another stimulation. They are easily able to entertain themselves because of their overly sensitive brains. 

Extroverts on the other hand have average or less buildup of chemicals and are therefore not that sensitive to outside stimulation. They need more to feel stimulated. So even if they are In a huge crowd with lots of sensory overdose extroverts are comfortable with sensory load. 

Other thing that introverts suffer from is a certain kind of Neurotic tension because of overly sensitive nervous system. So they immediately get impacted by even a minor change in the expression of the listener's face. Introverts are thinking all sorts of things in their minds. This neurosis causes them to feel extra sensitive to any form of judgement or hate. They get very anxious even by the mere thought that someone will judge their behavior. In order to escape this tension, they develop defensive behavior in early childhood. They learn how to put on a mask to impress people but keep their inner feelings hidden. The reason is with the mask they feel more protected. They feel safe because with the mask nobody will judge them. But if they tell their true feelings, their greatest fear can come true. 

As they grow, they become an expert at hiding, masking and not opening up. Their feelings always remain hidden and this can sometimes become dangerous for them because it leads to emotional stress and inability to cope with inner pain which is hidden. 

They feel the need to open up but the fear puts a lid on it. Every time they feel to open up, the fear of judgement comes up and they go back and decide not to open up. They start to feel better not opening up because they don't have to deal with the fear anymore. This creates a temporary comfort zone that can last for many years. Once the comfort zone is created in their minds they will less likey want to break it. At the same time when they want to open up, they are looking for trust. They want to feel safe if they really feel like opening up. But they can't trust a lot of people because experience with most people has taught them that people will break their trust. Once an incident happens where trust is broken, they become further confirmed in their decision to not open up. However if they find a trustworthy person who has gained their trust with constant love and support over a considerable period of time, they begin to trust this person and open up to this person. 

They live their lives without trusting people and avoid people most of the time because of the lack of trust and only keep a very small number of friends who have successfully gained their trust and confidence. 

Introverts will never trust a stranger and will display weird behavior with them out of fear and suspicion. The stranger in turn will find such behavior very weird, even rude, and stop talking to the introvert. This is not the introvert's fault. They are only operating from fear and stress. However the stranger will misunderstand them and so will many people. 

The introvert might suddenly block the stranger from communication or leave a rude reply or not reply at all, thinking that this behavior will throw the stranger away, this way the introvert will feel safe. 

The process of gaining the trust of an introvert is very complicated. It very much depends on the point of contact. If the stranger or new person's first behavior is a critical remark or negative comment, this will be like a sword poking into the introvert and the introvert will immediately block the stranger in his mind. The introvert has already decided not to trust this person. Therefore the first few impressions are important to gain the trust of the introvert. Sometimes even this can fail if the introvert is not mentally ready to trust anyone.. 

If the introvert has suffered any form of abuse, or negativity, criticism, hate in their childhood or bullying in school, then their introversion will become extreme in adulthood and they will act very defensive and extra sensitive around people. Because past memory has taught them that people are not to be trusted and avoided. They will go to great lengths to avoid people. Such attempts will look bizzare and abnormal to extroverts but for introverts it's a defense and coping mechanism against further negativity. 

Because of all these confusing defensive behaviors, introverts mostly get misunderstood a lot. 

So it's difficult being an introvert. 

Also being an introvert becomes a failed mission. Most introverts are trying to hide and block people and avoid attention but this very strange behavior becomes counter productive and people actually start giving them more attention because of their strange behavior. This causes tremendous frustration in the introvert as they don't want that attention but they also can't control their behavior of avoiding people.

The coucal has been my favorite bird for some time although I have been enjoying birdwatching these days and there are other birds that I like as well 

But the coucal has an amazing call. It gives me goosebumps

So my personality summation is as follows 

INFJ-T 

HIGH INTROVERSION 

HSP - HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON 

EMPATH 

SUN SIGN PISCES AND MOON SIGN GEMINI 

PERSONALITY OF A STAR - A MIX OF SUN AND MOON TRAITS

I have thought about some things. 

Things have been a bit upside down. 

I always feel like I am speaking in a retrospective kind of way. Like my life is a blur and it has already passed by. Like I already lived my whole life and died and rose back again, like a voice from my  grave, I speak again of a life that was over before it could begin. 

The pain insurmountable. 

The other thing that I've always felt is that.......

I always had this feeling like I'm an ancient soul that traveled very far into time and went through multiple Reincarnations to reach who I am today. 

These Reincarnations were restless attempts of my soul to make peace with myself and my loved ones and something that always ate me inside was this never ending journey to find my soulmate. 

That I always yearned in mourning waiting forever for my soulmate to become one with me. 

I've felt a powerful sense of connection with ancient cultures and people. I feel they died but their death wasn't in vain and they always wanted to leave a message to their successors 

3ya1u5.jpg

This separation helps me 

It seems like I'm finally coming to peace with myself in this birth and my journey will be complete. 

Sometimes people appear like archetypes to me. I see them through the perspective or image  of an archetype. 

This helps me. Because I have a tendency to integrate different things into my persona like a decorator crab. 

I tend to see what I can find in someone that seems useful to me. People come and go in my life. But they make an impression on me. I like to learn a bit from here and there. 

I don't exactly resonate with people's energies but I find their energy desirable nevertheless. Even if I don't jive with their individual energies, I am amused by their presence and I see something about their ways of thinking that are distinctly different from mine. So what I do is simply put their thinking and their practices into my book and start cultivating the habits or do the practices they do, this is an essential part of my growth process, it's simple yet effective. 

Recently on another spiritual website I came across such a person. He seems to be whimsical, funny, naked most of the time, always living in nature. This personality has caught my attention. 

And people rarely catch my attention since I'm always engrossed in my own world, so a person has to be a kind of a caricature to get my attention. 

So this funny  caricature has my attention. Now.. Once I give my attention to someone, I'm in full force. I like to see them inside out. I might get deeply interested at least for the time being. As long as it lasts.. 

Almost everything has followed the same pattern in my life.. I'm a vagabond. A lonewolf gypsy vagabond. My interest in anything is fleeting.. Sometimes I'm deeply passionate about certain things. But most things stay on my creativity radar for some time. After that it's time for the next interesting thing. 

I'm like an absorbing sponge. Wherever I'm placed, I absorb some and then once I'm full, I get exhausted and need another place to get myself soaked. 

DrewNows gave me the permission to use his stuff in my journal.. 

Its very interesting. 

I'd love to include his techniques into my spirituality kit. 

I copied some of the techniques he is using and I'm sure this is going to be useful. 

Daily Practices/activities/responsibilities/self love/creativity

• Shivambu
  • Movement: headstands, stretching, jumping, walking, burpees, free flowing hands, stick swinging, squatting, hanging, pull-ups and body-ups, yoga poses
  • sunbathing
  • sun-gazing
  • mindfulness meditation cleaning/washing (dishes,clothes,trash etc)
  • communicating personal boundaries w/ uncle
  • fasting (liquids/citrus fruits)
  • supplements: caffeine, bee pollen, cacao powder, OPC grape seed extract, He Shou Wu, gotu kola, dry cilantro (to consider: iodine for heavy metals, b12, fish oil, creatine, vitamin C, beta alamine, argenine AA, ginseng, lions mane, micro-dosing shrooms, etc) 
  • Learning: Bhuta Shuddhi: mastering of the 5 elements, Shaman/Alchemy, master of earth subconscious pressure point

Daily Fears/Shadow behaviors/resistance (stressors/triggers)/demons/toxins (released)

3ya1u5.jpg

So I was talking about the Archetype of this person who is free and funny. 

This is what I call the opposite of what I am.. I'm a deep person. Whenever I write something it has a deeper meaning. I get intense. My kind of spirituality is intense and emotional, I go to the root of something, I believe in the paranormal and the mysterious, since I'm a Pisces, the water runs deep for me. I apply my own interpretation and deeper meanings to things. I can't help it. This is my character. For me the sun and the moon and the stars and the waters are important. I live in cosmic reality, my way is intuitive, that's why I love witchcraft, it's an embodiment of intuition, intuition is very strange, at one end it can easily look like self deception, but if you get too keenly interested in exploring intuition, it has layers upon layers of understanding reality in different and mystical ways, in a language only a soul will understand. 

This needs some degree of spiritual Cultivation and naturally intuitive people, spiritualists and mystics have that. Is this quality or skill inherited at birth, is it brain chemistry or does this person develop this skill over time. 

I believe some people are just born mystics and psychics. It's something they have. 

Native Americans/Indians are especially good in this area. 

One of the reasons why native American Shamanic culture baffles and intrigues me so much. 

Even Hinduism has its own large dose of intuition in its Pagan literature from astrology to astronomy to ancient Hindu rituals of invocation and chanting, the world of intuition is very much alive in most Ancient Pagan rituals. 

Now coming to the Archetype of the Naked Prince. I'll call this person the Naked Prince. This person is an exact opposite of my deep intuitive mysterious goth archetype.. If I represent a purple rose dripping in blood, he represents the hanky panky jester who gives no shit about life, he goes along his way dropping his spiritual nuggets wherever he dances and moves along, quite unassuming and looking at life in the most funny light hearted sunny effervescent way like a warm  summer breeze floating and galloping, taking everything in his stride. I look in envy. I'm the winter, hard mysterious and cold and he is the summer, warm, fresh and carefree. 

How could this be. I'm amazed looking at this diametrically opposite Archetype of me. 

Then I sit with my  head on the railing, watching the sun rise, thinking to myself that even I could be buoyant like this. Might I try? 

3ya1u5.jpg

My journey of the heart post is still pending for its finishing touches. I never have enough time on my plate. 

3ya1u5.jpg

Writing and painting have always been my key favorite interests throughout my life. 

I can't get enough of either. 

But spirituality also has a due place in my life. I like starting my day with spirituality. That's why the early morning meditation. 

For me nearly and almost everything has to be spiritual. I don't know why but my heart is deeply in love with spirituality since childhood. I used to collect books on spiritual stuff, I used to love reading books on Reincarnation, mysticism, paranormal phenomena, these things have shaped my personality over the years. 

I have admired Ian Stevenson (if I remember his name correctly) greatly, he was in some ways a pioneer in this research. 

Over the last few years, I've spent time watching numerous documentaries on spirituality and mysticism. 

I have studied ancient cultures. 

My appetite for such inquisitiveness is voracious as is reflected in many of my journals. 

3ya1u5.jpg

3ya1u5.jpg

In this journal, I've tried to respect the theme. Since it's about me, looking at the title, I will always try to include stuff about my own personality in here. 

I don't like writing much about myself. I like writing more about the stuff that catches my attention or interest. But writing about random stuff will be a disservice to this journal, given it's theme, so I try not to stray from the theme of the journal. 

Although I always love including gifs, pictures, Memes, videos and art in almost all of my journals, since this is a strictly personal journal, I will avoid adding that.. 

I'm a very chaotic, (all around the place), highly curious, random and scattered brained kind of a person. Don't expect discipline in me. Disciplining a mad horse will be easier than disciplining me. 

I can't help who I am no matter how vagrant, ill-disciplined and weird I tend to come across as, even my family intensely hates me for my lack of discipline, but I have come to embody the spirit of "be yourself" anthem since this is my only option of accepting myself. 

Trying to change myself will lead to me placing myself in an eternal zone of discomfort and this can turn into a tragedy. 

So I'll let me be myself. 

3ya1u5.jpg

One constant theme in my life that I will continue for the rest of my life is 

Be true to yourself. 

I can't stress this enough. Do you see like a teacher archetype in me? Like a philosopher cum advocate. That's where I thought that certain bits of my personality match parts of the INFJ-T type. 

Sometimes the advocate in me takes the back seat

3ya1u5.jpg

How do I live such a complicated life if you ask me? 

The simple answer is I don't know. 

3ya1u5.jpg

The theme of this journal is essentially going to be self exploration. I think this an important thing in spirituality. 

My spiritual practice without self exploration will be like drinking artificially flavored juice. 

My disjointed patterns of thinking need to be forgiven 

This journal is not only going to be a self exploration journal but also a record of my deepest most intimate personal thoughts. 

I'm laying myself bare and naked. 

3ya1u5.jpg

3ya1u5.jpg

I believe in witchcraft so obviously for me, good and evil are a part of the rigmarole of life. 

I'm this hippie bohemian witchcrafterian (my own vocabulary) alchemy girl who is trying to integrate every aspect of the world into her life and moving along, weaving the story of her life and seeking her spirituality through the prism of her experiences, insights and practices. 

I like what DrewNows wrote in his journal. 

What purpose does such a division manifest itself? This is a distribution of energy, how it feels to say “all in”, when you know there’s 100% certainty to scoop it. Take the cake and hand out as many pieces as possible ?

made tea this evening about to start a new habit, reading before bed ? 

mint leaf (does the trick), alfalfa, dried cilantro n parsley and dandelion (finally I make a tasty tea by actually smelling the herbs, alchemy baby! 

love light (s) out! 

I like alchemy myself but I won't be going out to get herbs right now. I need to wait till the lockdown is lifted off. I like making my own witchcraft tea.. I use chamomile. I like how he says alchemy baby... Hehe. 

Also the way he writes love lights out..I'm going to do the same. 

• Daily parslc
  •  Shivambu
  • Sunbathing
  • Movement: walking, squatting, jogging
  • action adventure on mdma supplements: (usual) plus mdma
  • Fasting: mini watermelon 
  • learning: cleanse body of 5 elements 

Daily F/Sb/R(s/t)/D/T(r)

shadow work insights 

(overly?) bold, a bit self conscious 

place more value on feeling

3ya1u5.jpg

love light (s) out! 

3ya1u5.jpg

There are a few pleasant exchanges with a few pleasant faces... And that's how life comes to an end. 

The soap opera of life ends. We all end up in the blur, the car whisks the kids away, and all is over within a matter of minutes. Never know when time passes by and everything is over before your eyes and in retrospect everything was so small and simple and yet humans got it so complicated 

I see a lot of people from different walks of life very keenly interested in making the world alright. I understand that there are a lot of things in the world that are not right. 

But at the same time, I think these people who are always looking for a quick fix to things are very egoic. 

You might gloat about how many likes you get on Facebook. You could order the biggest cake right now and enjoy it. You could be sitting in an amusement park or taking pictures with your friends at Disney. 

These things that are egoic in nature will never bring true joy. 

I always feel that true joy lies in being connected to mother earth, living the most effortless natural life. 

Dancing naked in the wind. Something like that. 

The egoic joy is only a distraction from true joy. 

Sometimes we have to ask ourselves this question 

Are you living or simply existing? 

3ya1u5.jpg

Are we human or are we dancers. 

My sign is vital. 

My hands are cold. 

I remember watching the movie the  ring a few years ago. It was shown to me by a friend of my sibling. God I didn't sleep for 15 days after that. It just wrecked me lol. I was so damn terrified. I used to constantly look at myself in the mirror and wash off my face. Just to make sure that the horse wasn't there. I was terrified of that horse. 

3ya1u5.jpg

This is the coucal I always keep talking about. This guy wakes me up every morning between 4 and 5am. My sleep gets usually disturbed by the sound of this bird. It's always on the tree near my window. It has a strange heavy sound. I love its call during a cold breeze, very soothing and calming.. I don't regret being disturbed. 

42g7zv.jpg

All coucals

42g7y4.jpg

42gten.jpg

42g7u9.jpg

Indian Myna.. Has a sweet call. Very common in my area. This bird comes near my window. 

42g8pf.jpg

So I dug some videos that give an idea of coucal's calls and sounds. 

Also the other sweet sounding birds that I usually hear are the Indian myna and the Indian Koel also called Asian Koel..  the Indian koel is also called the Indian cuckoo. 

The myna 

This is a different coucal not found here but has a great call. This bird is found in Africa and below are some African cuckoo calls. 

These sounds kinda give the feeling of wilderness 

Burchell's  coucal 

Sometimes I hear this sound in early mornings in combination with that of the koel.. 

Indian food that I absolutely can't live without. 

Just shut up and eat. 

Paneer curry. I eat this with rice.. 

42itb5.jpg

Samosas are my all time favorite.

42itad.jpg

More samosas and cutting chai, holy moly I absolutely love this during winter or monsoons when it's cold outside and the hot tea just energizes me.. Eating this during rains is a delight. Just shut up and eat. 

42iu0a.jpg

Butter chicken yummm

42it9e.jpg

Butter chicken with rice and kulcha is just totally yummy.. 

42it84.jpg

I'm not able to find these anywhere that I used to have as a kid during tea time. They are called nankhatai squares. Once the lockdown is lifted, I'm gonna go hunting through the city bakeries for these. Nostalgia. They taste a bit like butter cookies with cashew and glaze on top. Sesame seeds added to give that extra taste.. They just melt in the mouth. 

42it1d.jpg

42it26.jpg

42it34.jpg

42it4c.jpg

This bakery cake that I used to order. Lub Lub it 

42ivtt.jpg

This is a simple Indian dish called Aloo poori or puri.. Just the simple things that make me happy. It's nice to eat these during tea time or monsoons. Monsoons are a big thing in my country. People make special meals and dishes during monsoon to enjoy the season.. 

42ivsq.jpg

This is paneer tadka mix with bell pepper, jalapeños. This has the Mediterranean oregano flavor to it. A bit spicy pungent smokey flavor. 

42it62.jpg

Paneer mix with tomato 

42itxw.jpg

This is the Naan /kulcha . Mixed with spices and herbs, it's like nice soft chewy spicy bread. Both of them are similar however naan is a bit harder than kulcha. Kulcha can contain a lot of herbs. 

42ivmv.jpg

This is kadhi pakoda. Tastes like heaven. Light on my tummy. 

42ivok.jpg

Another tasty yummy paneer bell pepper recipe. I use bell peppers with oregano a lot in all of my recipes. 

Paneer masala

42ivpu.jpg

Kadhi or yellow curry. 

42itz8.jpg

I love the smell of rice.. I regularly eat basmati jasmine rice that has this nice fragrant aroma. I just love it. With curry it feels like heaven. Sometimes I add cinnamon to it. 

42iv0f.jpg

42ivqz.jpg

42iwxm.jpg

I enjoy Karachi biscuits. Wish I could get them again. 

I will have to get them ordered. 

The bulbul is called the nightingale bird. But there are a few types. The red vented one. This one has a blending coarse call. It feels like Resonance. 

The other bulbul bird is the white cheeked or white eared bulbul. 

This one has a soft sweet call. It's similar to the Iraqi bulbul. 

So this is the call of the white cheeked bulbul. 

I deleted the last post because its risky. 

People go to jail for Marijuana here. 

Ughh. 

You know what I mean. 

Again... Ughh 

Can't even write about Marijuana.... Ughh

42u3b2.gif

42u8bm.jpg

42u82s.jpg