RMQualtrough

If people in your dreams (literally) say they see you etc, maybe they do

6 posts in this topic

Tbh. In a lucid dream I asked some dude if he could see me from his eyes. He said he could. And tbh it's like, maybe he really could... Of course I then wake up and it's just me again as per usual.

But these subconscious characters that crop up. There is an intelligence to them in some way. Just as thoughts and things unfold and arise in "me" the person, in a logical and consistent manner in relation to the surroundings, these characters also can hold logical and sensical conversations...

Maybe those people really are individuals in those dreams. Probably while we are awake even, there are subconscious processes. But in dreams we actually interact with them directly as though they were human.

Intriguing. My mind went to IFS therapy. The belief we have numerous subpersonalities in our unconscious that work in a system, on top of a core self. Perhaps, you were talking to one of these subpersonalities.

Maybe next time, ask his name too :)

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

1 hour ago, Ulax said:

Intriguing. My mind went to IFS therapy. The belief we have numerous subpersonalities in our unconscious that work in a system, on top of a core self. Perhaps, you were talking to one of these subpersonalities.

Maybe next time, ask his name too :)

I know that to be the case (that we are more like a board of directors than a single person)... Weird experiences with psychedelics, when multiple personalities spoke to each other at once. I suppose that is like a dream too... But I was aware of all at one time. The hallucination was that they were the Friends characters at Central Perk.

On other psychs, have had multiple thought threads at once.

I wonder where they go when they slip out of the forefront. This me talking now I suppose will slip back into that subconscious arena.

When you have a dream where you are interacting with people who you know from this world, they may be something like parallel versions of those people, and there probably are dreams within dreams within dreams in this dimension, in some way, as well. 

16 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

In a lucid dream I asked some dude if he could see me from his eyes. He said he could.

Hehe

Your mind told you that.

"He" is your mind.

Of course I then wake up and it's just me again as per usual.

Exactly. Then you wake you.

Awakening is not a "maybe". It's absolute. Either you are absolutely conscious that everyone is your mind, or you are not.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@RMQualtrough

What if I really told you that I am wearing red underwear. Of course then you realized that your experience is all there is.

-joNi-

Who told you that "others" are real?