GrandeOrso

Should I learn to invest?

26 posts in this topic

@GrandeOrso

On 5/2/2022 at 9:04 AM, GrandeOrso said:

Investing really seems like a videogame, just that it can make you rich or broke for real.

I understand I should only invest money I don't need, and at some point I will inherit some, and I would like to be able to make them fruit.

Is it reasonable to think I can get into the market and make money ? How much you think I'll have to study as an indipendent ? Any resources ?

I like the idea of trading morr than long term investing. Buying on a low and selling on a high, with high numbers, for "small" profits in a short time. 

Is it better to hire a pro that does it for me ? 

Then also the ethical pov, morality etc is killing me, seems like you cant do anything these days that aint damaging the environment

Yes! Learn to invest in ownership assets like stocks, real estate and small business.

1 hour ago, Optimized Life said:

As long as you have self control, patience and are good with research, you should be at least doubling your money every year just from investing alone ... But you must focus on generating an income for yourself first. 

Lets not forget to mention the risk part too. If you are able to double your money every year ,that basically means that you literally gambling with your money and you get really, really lucky. (Even if you have a very successful company, doubling your income cannot be maintained)

Just because sometimes you can make some lucky guesses, that doesn't mean, that suddenly you know how to invest.

When we are talking about big rewards we are talking about big risk. When we are talking about big risk, we can know that one of the biggest success factor will be the luck part.

Don't make it look like you are a God investor who knows with a very high certainty, how to constantly make a lot of money. There is no way, that you know with a high certainty, how the market will behave and even if you knew what will happen and how people will react, there are unknown unknown factors that you are not calculating and you cannot calculate.

Just simply mention, that you got lucky a few times and thats it. Be honest about it, and don't mislead people.

Edited by zurew

Your already an investor in the fiat currency of your country and receiving an annual return of -2% to -7% from the benefits of inflation. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

30 minutes ago, integral said:

Your already an investor in the fiat currency of your country and receiving an annual return of -2% to -7% from the benefits of inflation. 

Love it. Everything you own has an opportunity cost, even cash.

All the money I put into rice, beans, canned food, dried pasta, salt, sugar, etc last year is certainly outperforming my cash at this point.

I bought various fruit trees this year, and it's a sunk cost that's not gonna do much for the next 3 - 5 years. But then I'll get 50 years worth of all the fruit I can eat and all the juice/cider I can drink for the next 50 years. Will probably end up being my best investment.

20 hours ago, Yarco said:

(I made an additional 33% of my  work income from crypto both last year and the year before

That's embarrassing. You probably had a high paying job / lot of savings as well. 

33% if you knew about it from 2 years ago is laughable. Should've made at least 1000%. 

Edited by Optimized Life