Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SQAAD

Inhaled Smoke, Should i Be Worried?

6 posts in this topic

Maybe this will sound ridiculous to most people but i don't know... So today i went outside for a walk. And as i was walking a road, i noticed smokes that were coming from an apartment building at the roof. Some people were grilling meat or something. 

The smoke didn't smell ''dangerous'' but the problem is that as i was crossing the road, for like 2-3 minutes i inhaled a lot of it. I didn't feel lack of oxygen or anything weird. And i tried to not take many breaths too.

As i was returning home, few minutes after, i felt a sensation in my head. But i am not sure whether it has to do with the smoke or not. Generally i feel all sorts of sensations in my head every single day.

Afterwards, i suffered a lot for quite some time. Because my mind was imagining all sorts of bad scenarios. The worst kind of scenarios.

I have this fear of damaging my brain in any sort of way. It is like a psychological allergy..I am more comfortable with getting cancer than damaging my mental resources... 

I have quite a good memory and i like how my mind works. I know logically that this event probably isn't something significant. Dealing with fear and such events is really a pain in the as$. It puts me in a bad mood where i don't wanna pursue any goals whatsoever (even though i do despite of).

I really got angry at the people who caused this event. But i am responsible too because i continued walking that road. I also watched other people crossing the road, so i didn't think twice about the whole situation...

Edited by SQAAD

You probably don't need to worry. There's already so much air pollution and other damaging chemicals etc. around that a little smoke for a couple of minutes isn't going to cause any significant harm(just don't make it a daily thing :P), unless it kills you by asphyxiation on the spot. Since you didn't feel a lack of oxygen or anything weird the smoke was probably more diluted with air than it looked.

Fear of damaging your brain sounds quite normal to me, I've had similar fear myself but with psychedelics. About one year ago after tripping on LSD and meditating I had persistent fractal visuals that occasionally appeared for a few months before they finally resided. I think in the end, what caused more damage to my brain was probably my mind freaking out so much about whether or not I had damaged my brain permanently or if I was going to have a psychosis and never be the same again one day.

That fear stuck with me for quite some time and for a while I actually believed I had damaged my brain. My mind would use the appearance of negative feelings to confirm that I had in fact damaged my brain. If I had a bit of anxiety for no apparent reason? Well, must have been that I fucked my brain up. Was stumbling over words when I was talking with my friend? Fuck.. I never should have tripped that one time.. I'm so stupid, how could I do this fatal mistake and ruin my mind. But when I finally said to myself whatever.. If my brain is broke it is broke. There is nothing I can do about it, shit happens. I stopped focusing my mind on thinking about what could be wrong, trying to find a problem where there really wasn't a big problem at all. Some time passed where I didn't think much about it at all. Occasionally the fractals kept reappearing but less and less often. Now it's been months since they last appeared and I feel completely normal and am not afraid of brain damage anymore. My guess is your mind is scaring you over nothing and making it seem like there is danger when there really isn't, just like my mind did.

Smoke is mind. Thoughts are mind. Fear is mind. Anger is mind. Practice.

Worrying about it is producing worse chemicals in your body than a little bit of smoke ;)

10 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Inhaled Smoke, Should I Be Worried?

Cigarette users who have been inhaling smoke all their lives:

pulp-fiction-john-travolta.gif

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

4 hours ago, lostingenosmaze said:

Cigarette users who have been inhaling smoke all their lives:

Second and third world countries which have no inside smoking regulations:

Citizens of the most polluted cities on Earth: