Husseinisdoingfine

“I don’t have goals. I don’t have ambition. I only want to be attractive.”

6 posts in this topic

I liked this article:

https://www.vox.com/the-highlight/22977663/gen-z-antiwork-capitalism

Perfect example of how an apathetic attitude against Capitalism can destroy one's life.

I'm not saying you have to support Capitalism, just don't end up like the Gen Z described in the article above

This article as well reminded me the importance of the lower integral value codes.

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

This isn't really anything new and this suggestion that Zoomers are somehow unique in this regard is either journalistic ignorance or deliberate narrative humping.

Gen Xers were said to have similar attitudes -- you can watch movies like Reality Bites with Ethan Hawke and Winona Ryder from 1994.

They were the "slackers." And some of them went to found start-ups or got involved in web 1.0 in the 1990s, to escape the corporate world.

And before that you had hippies/Boomers.

(Oh, and I forgot about punks in between/late Boomers.)

Edited by SeaMonster

3 hours ago, SgtPepper said:

The only way to be attractive is to have goals and ambitions. 

Female is cow.

Whatever a person can do to make themselves self sufficient I applaud them for.   If a woman is for example making money selling farts in a jar to desperate men for money, I'm all for that. They are providing a service that someone is purchasing. Great!  Similarly I enjoy watching Rust streamers.. they have 5000 hours of experience playing that video game and managed to monetize their efforts. Excellent! 

Side gigs are great. Being able to support oneself without having to work for someone else and be subject to corporate slavery is great, but some people do have to be corporate slaves. I am a corporate slave, but am good at my job and paid well to do it.

What I don't support is entitlement mentality... the idea people should get paid to merely exist without contributing to society. I really should get over that hangup or I'll find myself reincarnating as someone who is depending on handouts. It's part of the reason I'm back here. I want to give up my city-data addiction once and for all. I want to be around people who can expand my perspective a bit.

Edited by sholomar

6 hours ago, sholomar said:

What I don't support is entitlement mentality... the idea people should get paid to merely exist without contributing to society. I really should get over that hangup or I'll find myself reincarnating as someone who is depending on handouts. It's part of the reason I'm back here. I want to give up my city-data addiction once and for all. I want to be around people who can expand my perspective a bit.

City-Data… the forum?  If yes, good lord get away from that toxic shithole.