Preety_India

How would you define evil?

46 posts in this topic

56 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

The location of evil is in your mind.  Evil is always an abstract concept

good or bad are words, but define something that is very real. selfishness is "bad" because it separates you, takes you away from unity, isolates you and takes you away from happiness. maybe there is nothing wrong with it, but it feels "bad". If you don't mind, it's ok. Selfless make you get closer of unity, from the joy, the truth. It's your choice, you can be unhappy if you want. Nothing happens at the end

54 minutes ago, r0ckyreed said:

3 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

Evil doesn’t exist. Evil isn’t the absence of love. Evil is love such that you cannot call it evil. A rock isn’t evil. A hand isn’t evil. A knife isn’t evil. A human shooting a gun at a rock isn’t evil. A bird eating a snake isn’t evil. A human eating a bird isn’t evil. A human eating another human isn’t evil.

Do you understand that evil leads to suffering? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

54 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Do you understand that evil leads to suffering? 

The perception of evil and wrongness is what I think can lead to a lot of suffering. Total peace to me is feeling complete and marveling at the perfection and beauty of reality.

To me, suffering is when you see evil all around you; thus, ceasing to see the magic of reality. But there are many forms and degrees of suffering. Suffering isn’t necessarily good or evil in the same way that anger isn’t necessarily good or evil. I personally prefer to not experience suffering or anger but that is one of my biases.

Edited by r0ckyreed

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false. 

On moral grounds, I'd say the real Devil is in the very idea of a devil in the first place. I think it shifts responsibility, instead of a person owning up to his or her actions - s/he now has a demon to blame for her actions.

In a spiritual sense, evil is the ultimate negation (suppression, oppression) of a person's individuality. Because you do not stand for what the other-self stands for, you demonise and attack him in all the subtle or gross ways. Basically negating what makes him or her different from you.

But I don't go as far as to call that evil because the term has come to mean something rather unnatural. I was just translating it for you from a social perspective to a spiritual one. In truth there is no good and bad, just positive and negative vibes. You may dramatise their extremes by calling them evil or holy. But in truth.. all is Light.

Evil is like poop. You may not like it, but it is part of you. 

Evil is part of infinity like poop is part of you. Without it, there is no you and no reality.

Everything that you see, smell, taste, feeling, hear, and think of is always a part of you. All of them together make up a you.

One main purpose of life is learning to love yourself. 

This means to fall in love with yourself and see the beauty that you are. You aren’t just a human, you are everything. 

All Teachers and Teachings are delusion. You have all the answers within you. The first step on the journey to Enlightenment is questioning all the beliefs and teachings you have ever received. Teachers/Teachings are a distraction/maya at the highest level. There comes a point where you need to trust in your own innate knowledge and derive your own insights into the nature of reality. Teachers make a living and lifestyle of selling you water by the river. You don’t need them. All you need is an insatiable desire for truth and then seriously contemplate reality and uncover all that is false.