The White Belt

Pressure Between The Eye-brows When Meditating.

9 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

So it's happened two or three times now. When I'm meditating I feel a pressure, almost like someone is pushing hard through with their finger. 

Its happening between my eyebrows, yet slightly further up toward the hair line.

I checked a website and it said about my 'third eye' opening. 

I kind of know what this means, but not really. If this is the case than can somebody explain?

Making it quite grounded and less 'new agey' ;-) 

Thanks! 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

Yeah, it sounds to me like the pineal gland (third eye) activation. I'd advise you to try to remember your dreams tonight. Usually when something like this happens to me, I get a profound dream at night, I view it as the universe giving you patches and upgrades :D

If you haven't already, you should do the third eye meditation, where you focus your eyes on that area intentionally. Do it while falling asleep too, I found it great for visualisations too.

Edited by Dodoster

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@Dodoster Thanks man. But can you tell me, why is it activating? What's the point of that? What are the changes I'll see the more it activates? 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

1 minute ago, BeginnerActualizer said:

@Dodoster Thanks man. But can you tell me, why is it activating? What's the point of that? What are the changes I'll see the more it activates? 

For one, I'd say an increase in imagination, but you're probably going to be better of in watching a youtube video about it - maybe try Infinite Waters, he has some good videos on the subject

Suppose Love is real, and let's assume reality is unreal. Suppose we discover that the building block of reality is real Love, that means our assumption was wrong and reality is actually not unreal. Reality is real, if everything we supposed is true. I'm not going to say if it is or not.

@BeginnerActualizer Dude this is a good thing, I have the same thing its pretty much constant with me now, let the tip of your nose guide your eyes if that makes sense and with a little bit of attention you will start to feel the pressure. If one stays like this it speeds up enlightenment, in getting fully enlightened, this was said by a Taoist master once. I can't tell u what happens after a while, it is awesome though. Hope this helps :)

I also just found this video by Teal Swan, which seems to be very informative! 

Thanks dudes.

It's pretty crazy, because i've been meditating for a while now, but I have only gone without missing a day for two months, and i'm starting to realise, that meditation... is not just sitting still and trying to still the mind. It's so much more. F*&K! 

Also i'm remembering that i've been seeing the image of an eye faintly in my closed eye lids. 

Thanks again!

― Shunryu Suzuki

Meditation, is the most versatile activity consciousness can engage in.

One can even say, that it is the only activity that consciousness engages in.

@Gnosis Couldn't have put it better myself! 

― Shunryu Suzuki