Julian gabriel

Should I go to school to learn about psyche?

6 posts in this topic

I want to learn as much about the psyche as possible. But the path to do this isn’t clear because it seems to me that the psychology and psychiatry taught in the top colleges are misleading because they don’t understand what the mind actually is, similarly to how physics is misleading because they don’t understand consciousness. 

what’s the best way to learn about the psyche? 

Psychology classes are a cash grab course.u will learn more from books than from the course. Do not go to course.instead read good books 

Depends if you want to be a Psyche lecturer or tutor. Or a counsellor. You do need certifications to get certain jobs.

Keep in mind that Leo loved philosophy but didn't like the classes for it. 

Personally, that was also my reason for going to college for psychology. Simply to learn for myself. I got straight A's because I already learned what they taught on my own before I even went to college, out of self interest. so I dropped out because I could just continue to self teach everything a college has to offer. You can literally find the books the classes will require the students to have and buy them yourself. You really don't need a teacher since they are all teaching right out of the books anyway. If you want a college type lifestyle you can give yourself assignments and eliminate the pressure of needing to turn things into a teacher. You'll be more autonomous, which can build self discipline. If your planning to make a career out of it, then you'll need the credentials. But if your just doing it for personal development your best to save your money. College is really just a prerequisite for most employment opportunities l,if that's your reason then I'd say go. But if not, I would say True knowledge for self interest, comes from self study. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

Mysticism and ontological idealism are useful for determining the structure of mind. Psychology is a science and delves into the content of mind and how it behaves.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.