KoryKat

Why is creating chat-groups forbidden here???

48 posts in this topic

So I read that Leo had a problem with copycat groups, but *this* I dont understand. 

Rules:

Recruiting members for chat-groups outside of this forum, including Skype, Discord, WhatsApp, chatrooms, etc.

Recruiting members to start local meetup groups in your city

Starting new spiritual communities, private groups, or cults

like I really think its doing a disservice to humanity to forbid us from using this forum to meet each other and take it to chat-groups.

Cant start local groups either??? How the fuck does that make sense.

You are telling me we cant get a handful of people together to collaborate on our goals for accountability and support???

How does this align with Actualized's values? Seems pretty selfish to me. Is Leo really desperate for money that he sees anything like chat-groups to be a threat to his income?

Might as well be Authoritarianism. 

I totally get the part about not starting competition , but *THIS IS IN NO WAY COMPETITION*

Been a huge fan of Leo and defended him against many haters... but this really just makes me believe there was some merit to their sentiment. 

Honestly, if you are trying to do the world good and be good you wish to inspire... what is it going to take for people to start stepping up and saying *THIS ISNT ABOUT ME* because clearly these rules are about Leo and not the community at large and co-creating the world which we want to see.

At least people like Owen Cook legitimately support groups being created among followers to co-enable each other. This forum actually just became a circle-jerk serving Leo in my eyes.

Honestly, wont be defending Leo again on any youtube comments because this is selfish as it gets, and I dont follow leaders who arent down for cooperation and co-enabling self-actualization... i mean , wake up, Turquoise is the movement for cooperation and not this dominance hierarchy like Actualized.org has shown itself to be. Fuck the koolaid here. /rant

What is the ultimate goal here of this website/community?

Because my ultimate goal is seeing the world able to thrive at a mass collective level, and it sure doesnt pass the smell test that this community/website is aligned with that. 

If this rant gets locked/or myself banned, then thank you for showing me the true colors here and removing all doubt.

Sincerely, a very disappointed mega-fan.

-Kory

Edited by KoryKat

Um yeah, I do agree about the disappointment at least in not being able to advertise about local meet-up groups.

Mostly I just give up on the thought and appreciate what is available. 

Other "spiritual communities" are equally inaccessible (in person) unless you have lots of money lol.

Maybe it's easy for things to "get out of hand"?

Also he stresses about going beyond Actualized.org. 

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

He doesn't want more work moderating a discord, and if he's not the one moderating then it's out of his control and can devolve into something not representative of his ideas.

He also doesn't see any value in more casual conversation, as you'd get in Discord.  And he doesn't care if you disagree.

I was the first to suggest this, but tbh large Discords are inherently toxic and pointless.

Edited by thisintegrated

Things make sense more..

Why is this forum stale and there a lack of excitement as we empower each other...??

Because the rules are for the self-interest of one person, and being dependent on Leo is a strategy for him to profit off people, without worrying we help each other grow independent among ourselves.

Correct me if im wrong.

I really understand the no competiton rules, but this is extreme form of control like you would find at a church "only I can preach and if you dont like it gtfo!" 

Edited by KoryKat

3 minutes ago, KoryKat said:

Things make sense more..

Why is this forum stale and there a lack of excitement as we empower each 

Do you think Leo cares?

6 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Do you think Leo cares?

Yes , i did think Leo cared.

I projected my values onto him about caring about humanity and willing to say "its not about me" , i must have been mistaken.

Edited by KoryKat

15 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

it's out of his control

He also doesn't see any value in more casual conversation

Yes , exactly, out of his control... you said it perfectly...is that a bad thing? Why???

I do not like anyone trying to control me, and its downright offensive.

Also, im talking accountability and mutual support? It can devolve, but who is he to forbid all intercommunication for our goals together???

What is this forum really about??

Because not allowing such things speaks volumes about who this serves and who it doesnt.

-Kory

Edited by KoryKat

4 minutes ago, KoryKat said:

Yes , exactly, out of his control... is that a bad thing? Why???

Also, im talking accountability and mutual support? It can devolve, but who is he to restrict all intercommunication for our goals together???

What is this forum really about??

Because not allowing such things speaks volumes about who this serves and who it doesnt.

-Kory

The whole point of Actualized is to outgrow Actualized, and leave it.  Not to make friends or build a community.

It's stale and dying by design, I guess.

Edited by thisintegrated

6 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

The whole point of Actualized is to outgrow Actualized, and leave it.  Not to make friends or build a community.

It's stale and dying by design, I guess.

my goal is realizing a world of utopia by bringing everybody up.

The goal here is buying only from Leo... 

cant make friends or community... cant collaborate amongst ourselves either outside the controlled atmosphere. you forgot that.

"We dont want you befriending each other"

WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT?

Edited by KoryKat

Just now, KoryKat said:

my goal is realizing a world of utopia by bringing everybody up.

There is no "everybody".  There is no one for you to help.  You're the only one here.

14 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

There is no "everybody".  There is no one for you to help.  You're the only one here.

that is just one perspective... and its not holistic/integrative , its just absolutist.

Edited by KoryKat

No one's stopping you from creating accountability threads or friendships through PMs. Otherwise it's best to keep this community seperate from real life. From the proportion of total posts this is primarily a spirituality forum, and the dangers of cults is not to be understated.

Edited by lostingenosmaze

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

2 minutes ago, KoryKat said:

that is just one perspective... and its not holistic/integrative , its just absolutist.

There aren't multiple truths, or multiple Gods.

4 minutes ago, lostingenosmaze said:

No one's stopping you from creating accountability threads or friendships through PMs. Otherwise it's best to keep this community seperate from real life. From the proportion of posts this is primarily a spiritual forum, and the dangers of cults is not to be understated.

This is the cult that it is trying to prevent from becoming elsewhere.

PMs are 1 on 1. and is there a particular place for Accountability threads?

threads are definitely limiting , as there is a frequency restriction to posting, and if I want to discuss things on video chat, then what?

We are to be controlled at the cost of freedom. 

Edited by KoryKat

9 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

There aren't multiple truths, or multiple Gods.

sounds like you missed the parts in Spiral Dynamics about partial perspective, relativism, and plurality...

go practice Empathy out of your hermit cave my dude. Be on the streets and walk that walk

You are also deflecting conversation off-topic. Wake up amigo. Its fine if you subscribe to God as all and you as all as God, but dont be a distraction from the reality that exists with self-masturbation to a singular ideology

In fact, Leo does say no ideology. So you should be skeptical of this belief  you have and open-minded, should you not?

Edited by KoryKat

10 minutes ago, KoryKat said:

sounds like you missed the parts in Spiral Dynamics about partial perspective, and plurality...

go practice Empathy out of your hermit cave my dude. Be on th

Ask Leo then, he'll tell you the same thing.

According to what you're suggesting, Religious beliefs are as right as the ideas of Actualized.  And those who believe consciousness is a product of the Earth are as right as those who believe consciousness is the source of all.

And I'm definitely not the person you should be preaching Yellow ideas to.  Yellow doesn't just discover value in alternate view points, but also realizes that not all view points are of equivalent value.

Edited by thisintegrated

I'm thinking maybe it's even a very practical thing too... Like opening yourself up to legal liabilities for things you had no oversight over. 

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

2 minutes ago, puporing said:

I'm thinking maybe it's even a very practical thing too... Like opening yourself up to legal liabilities for things you had no oversight over. 

Yeah and follow that road and tell me you dont end in Dystopian "1984"

Edited by KoryKat

What you do privately is none of my business. You can meet people one on one privately, I don't care.

But don't use this forum to recruit or start splinter cells.

FYI, the RSD forum was toxic as fuck and they had problems with people recruiting and undermining their community for which they banned people. Eventually the whole thing was shut down.

The reality is that if you allow a community to form splinter cells, eventually one of those cells will try to seize power for itself and overthrow the main community, creating a lot of drama and conflict.

It's the same reason why a state is not allowed to secede from the United States. Once that state secedes it will then go to war against the US and try to recruit other states to secede too.

I don't want this forum used to create cults or toxic groups. And I don't have enough time nor desire to moderate a bunch of splinter groups.

If you think about it, you'll realize that you don't really need private groups here. It's best when everything is shared in one place and everything is transparent. Once people start creating exclusive groups that do private discussions, that diminishes the overall network effect of the community and it creates a breeding ground for toxic stuff which goes unmoderated.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

PMs are 1 on 1. and is there a particular place for Accountability threads?

There's a weekly checkup thread in the Journaling section, you can post there. Or you can post a dedicated one in this subforum.

threads are definitely limiting , as there is a frequency restriction to posting, and if I want to discuss things on video chat, then what?

To video chat what exactly? If you want to show something you can use an MP4 or upload a YouTube video.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus