no_name

Cognitive functions

202 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

And MBTI is nothing like star signs, which are purely based on dogma.

I'm sure there is a lot of logic behind it. For example, surely the seasons affect behavior, and the mother's behavior surely affects fetal development, and fetal development is crucial for future development, so your date of birth could certainly have something to do with personality. However, the question is if it's a significant factor for predicting said things or not, and that can be tested, and here MBTI fails just as much as star signs do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Astrology has empirical basis. I have witnessed it firsthand, in times like when the stars fall from the sky and the rider storms once more. Judgement swells upon the earth, underneath the moonlight.

2 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm sure there is a lot of logic behind it. For example, surely the seasons affect behavior, and the mother's behavior surely affects fetal development, and fetal development is crucial for future development, so your date of birth could certainly have something to do with personality. However, the question is if it's a significant factor for predicting said things, and that can be tested, and here MBTI fails just as much as star signs do ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MBTI can easily be tested.  Group together INTPs & ISFJs, and see if there are any differences, whatsoever, on average, between the types.

90% of the INTPs will be engineers/designers/nerds of some kind.  But not the ISFJs.

When it comes to predicting things based on birth dates.. there are factors far more significant than a Mother's mood.  E.g. 99% of professional footballers are born in September due to being slightly older than their classmates and being selected to play football because of the apparent advantage this provides.  Ordinary things like this will always far outweigh any star sign predictions.  If schools suddenly changed how they choose what grade to put students it, then September would stop being an advantage and another month would replace it.  So if the stars correctly predicted September being an advantage now, then suddenly the starts would become wrong.

14 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

MBTI can easily be tested.  Group together INTPs & ISFJs, and see if there are any differences, whatsoever, on average, between the types.

90% of the INTPs will be engineers/designers/nerds of some kind.  But not the ISFJs.

Do it! Prove all the university books wrong ?

14 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

When it comes to predicting things based on birth dates.. there are factors far more significant than a Mother's mood.  E.g. 99% of professional footballers are born in September due to being slightly older than their classmates and being selected to play football because of the apparent advantage this provides.  Ordinary things like this will always far outweigh any star sign predictions.  If schools suddenly changed how they choose what grade to put students it, then September would stop being an advantage and another month would replace it.  So if the stars correctly predicted September being an advantage now, then suddenly the starts would become wrong.

Do it!

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do it! Prove all the university books wrong ?

You seriously think INTPs are indistinguishable from ISFJs?  If you really think this, you must really have no experience with MBTI.

Every INTP I know either works with software or is an engineer/architect.  Even Leo was a game developer, as he's an INTP.  MBTI really isn't that hard, just watch some youtube videos on functions or something.

The only thing lacking in you is consciousness.

9 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Do it!

Do what? You disagree with something? You disagree with the easily verifiable statistic that almost all pro footballers are born in September because of the reasons I mentioned? And that it's got nothing to do with stars?

Edited by thisintegrated

33 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Every INTP I know either works with software or is an engineer/architect.  Even Leo was a game developer, as he's an INTP.  MBTI really isn't that hard, just watch some youtube videos on functions or something.

Then why are you thinking up hypotheticals and not linking stats? Btw, guess my type :D

33 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

Do what? You disagree with something? You disagree with the easily verifiable statistic that almost all pro footballers are born in September because of the reasons I mentioned? And that it's got nothing to do with stars?

Oh, verifiable statistics? Now we're talking. Whip em out! :)

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Oh, verifiable statistics? Now we're talking. Whip em out! :)

It's easily verifiable.  Go find opposing stats if you want to prove me wrong.  I've already seen the evidence and have nothing to gain by digging it up for you.  It's common sense really.  Obviously those who are half a year older will have an advantage.

Then why are you thinking up hypotheticals and not linking stats? Btw, guess my type :D

ENFP. NeFiTeSi.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Hear it from a researcher in personality psychology... oh it's Jordan Peterson!:

He is basically reciting this book verbatim (and JP is cited many times in it): 

https://www.amazon.com/Personality-Psychology-Domains-Knowledge-Nature/dp/1259870499

He's not an authority on anything.  I doubt he's spent even 100 hours researching MBTI.

Edited by thisintegrated

2 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

He's not an authority on anything.  I doubt he's spent even 100 hours researching MBTI.

He is by all means an expert in the field judging by the amount of citations he has in that book alone.

He is by all means an expert in the field judging by the amount of citations in that book alone.

On psychology in general.  You could spend a lifetime studying just a single model.  And many "experts" think lowly of Big 5 too.  Doesn't mean anything.

Edited by thisintegrated

11 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

It's easily verifiable.  Go find opposing stats if you want to prove me wrong.  I've already seen the evidence and have nothing to gain by digging it up for you.  It's common sense really.  Obviously those who are half a year older will have an advantage.

ENFP. NeFiTeSi.

Again, your Fi Te is showing.  Clear as day.  Big 5 wouldn't give you such an insight.  Now that I know you're a FiTe, I can predict your behavior in a wide array of contexts.  Big 5 just tells you someone is "open" or "agreeable", which is awfully vague in comparison.  So vague it's basically useless as such information is obvious and a model for this isn't of any use.  But knowing you prefer Fi to Fe is usable information.

Edited by thisintegrated

1 minute ago, thisintegrated said:

On psychology in general.  You could spend a lifetime studying just a single model.  And many "experts" think lowly of Big 5 too.  Doesn't mean anything.

Then you might want to check out the main author of the book David Buss and see that he is listed as the 10th most cited personality psychologist ever.

24 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

ENFP. NeFiTeSi.

No reaction.  Either I'm dead on, or you have no idea what you are and have no response, or both.

You want your enneagram too? Anything else? Maybe your Spiral Dynamics stage? Your Big 5?

If you want, I can figure out anything for anyone.  Just ask.  Just need a few sentences from them at least.

Edited by thisintegrated

12 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

No reaction.  Either I'm dead on, or you have no idea what you are and have no response, or both.

I've tested myself a dozen times with various test (MBTI and cognitive functions), and so far I'm always right in between INFP and INTP, slightly favoring Fi. That is also another thing that doesn't make much sense. How can I be two types? ??? Who decides when my slight Fi dominance qualifies as INFP? ?

12 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

You want your enneagram too? Anything else? Maybe your Spiral Dynamics stage? Your Big 5?

Not SD. I would go to Don Beck for that ;D

15 hours ago, Carl-Richard said:

I've tested myself a dozen times with various test (MBTI and cognitive functions), and so far I'm always right in between INFP and INTP, slightly favoring Fi. That is also another thing that doesn't make much sense. How can I be two types? ??? Who decides when my slight Fi over Ti dominance qualifies as INFP? ?

Not SD. I would go to Don Beck for that ;D

INFP has all the same functions as ENFP.  The only question is whether you prefer Fi or Ne.  You're either INFP or ENFP.  Either way, I correctly predicted all your functions, and I don't even know you.  If MBTI was BS, there's no way I could've done that.

ENFPs have stronger logic than INFPs, but have more difficulty enjoying life/activities.  Also more flexible and more social.

Who's Don Beck?  Anyway, you're stage Green, if I was to guess.

You're also likely a 6w5

Edited by thisintegrated

15 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

How can I be two types? ??? Who decides when my slight Fi dominance qualifies as INFP? ?

You're not.  You just don't understand MBTI.

INTPs are Ti and Fe users.  You notice how Leo NEVER uses Te?  He doesn't give a shit what some authority says.  He, first and foremost, cares about HIS logic.  Then comes his Ne, Si, and his visibly underdeveloped Fe.  His Fe is why so many people left the forum.  Fe doms were hurt by Leo's weak Fe.

From what I've seen, you prefer Te and Fi.

3 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

INFP has all the same functions as ENFP.  The only question is whether you prefer Fi or Ne.  You're either INFP or ENFP.  Either way, I correctly predicted all your functions, and I don't even know you.  If MBTI was BS, there's no way I could've done that.

Let's just ignore that ~40% of my tests had Ti dominance. How convenient :P

Can you predict my future now? :)

7 minutes ago, thisintegrated said:

his visibly underdeveloped Fe.

Who is to say my Fe isn't higher than Leo's? Who is the real INTP then? ?

Let's just ignore that ~40% of my tests had Ti dominance. How convenient :P

Can you predict my future now? :)

In the vast majority of your arguments, you rely on sources, citations, and other people's logic to back up your claims.  No Ti to be seen.

I can predict the dynamic of your relationship with any given person.  I can tell what your strengths and weaknesses are, and how you will respond to any given situation.