Someone here

Eggs and milk shake for growing muscles

10 posts in this topic

I'm trying to build muscles and strong body .I can't go to the gym for various of reasons that I won't get into here .but I bought some dumbbells and will workout at home .  Now when it comes to sources of protein that are nesscary..I heard that raw eggs and milk shake is very good . Should I take it before or after I work out ?

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

Doesn't matter when. Before, during or after your work out will have the same effects. What truly is important however is if you are consuming enough protein everyday.

@Someone here you definitely don’t need to do raw eggs and milk. The main idea is just to have protein and a little bit of carbs post-workout to give yourself a insulin spike.

But really, this is mostly stuff that only matters if you’re an athlete or bodybuilder. If you’re just trying to be healthy, get your protein in whenever is convenient for you. Just don’t eat right before working out for digestion reasons.

As long as you can sufficiently stimulate your muscles to repair and remodel and stimulate all the growth pathway through progressive overload and micro damage week by week it does not really matter where the protein comes from. Eggs aren't even that great of a source unless you do like 8-10 per day at which point you may cross the threshold above which eggs can actually become harmful to some degree.

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

18 hours ago, Someone here said:

I heard that raw eggs and milk shake is very good

yes, and dont forget to workout in a meat factory 9_9 /s

Look up home workout videos on youtube. Additionally, do squads and push-ups if they aren't already included in the workouts.

Do this 3/week. After a couple of weeks increase to 4/week.

Don't worry too much about meal timing. Have some carbs, like an apple or two, 30~ min before working out to fuel your workout. It really doesn't matter too much as a newbie. 

When it comes to the rest of your diet, try to clean it up, less junk etc. 

Eggs are fine, there's no point in eating them raw tho. I'm not sure what you mean by milkshakes. If you mean the stuff you get at Mcdonald's, that's a big no. Protein shakes are fine, but real food is always preferred. You can look up high protein foods, but don't go crazy with your diet in the beginning. Make sure it's sustainable.

8 hours ago, Michael569 said:

Eggs aren't even that great of a source 

What is the best food as a source of protein? 

-Osho

5 hours ago, Godhead said:

. I'm not sure what you mean by milkshakes. If you mean the stuff you get at Mcdonald's, that's a big no

Lol. No I mean a mix of raw eggs and milk to drink.

-Osho

Just now, Someone here said:

Lol. No I mean a mix of raw eggs and milk to drink.

I mean, you could do that, but it honestly sounds gross. Just eat the eggs boiled or fried and drink your milk normally. You'll save yourself a lot of unnecessary suffering :)

You need  about 180g for optimal muscle growth, I think. But at the minimum, no less than 130g a day. But this is the minimum.

On 09/04/2022 at 6:15 PM, Someone here said:

What is the best food as a source of protein? 

I wish there was some way to find out.

Also, download MyFitnessPal app and it will help you track your intake and tell you if you get enough of everything.

Do it for a little while, just to get the feeling for your meals.

Also, don't forget to rest (get enough sleep and rest days in between). Muscles grow when you're resting, not working out.

Edited by mojsterr